Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For Honor

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Ty, but from what little I found there is simply no HUE community playing this game, so it's gonna be impossible for me to get a match with playable ping. Eh...

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the game has bots.
But if there's isn't any active community don't bother...

Silva

Arcane
Ty, but from what little I found there is simply no HUE community playing this game, so it's gonna be impossible for me to get a match with playable ping. Eh...

EDIT: Well, I did find some YT videos, but like...the guy with the biggest channel has 10k subs and his vidz barely hit 1k views so...it's gonna be Tekken 7 all over again =/
Wut? I'm HUE and I play For Honor non-stop for a year now. The community is active as fuck. Edit: On PS4 of course.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I don't own any consoles, so PC, ofc. Doesn't this game feature cross platform play? As for Tekken, it is possible to find a match, but the community is so small I ended up fighting the same 5-6 guys 90% of the time. It gets boring because most of my matches were with people that were either much better or much worse than me. One-sided fights aren't fun. On the flip side, the Tekken 7 community is THE friendliest HUE community I ever came across. Probably because everyone knows if you alienate one guy you just lost like...10% of your potential opponents, lol.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's worth mentioning that this game has bots which can be pretty fun to fight against. I don't remember if you can set up 4v4 matches with bots only, but dueling highest level bots is seriously tough, even tougher than decent players in MP.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Isn't cross platform play exactly the kind of thing that might inject some life into a dying game...? I can already taste the tears of console peasants as they inevitably get stomped by PC players, just like in every game that ever introduced cross play.

Oh wait, that's probably why cross play isn't all that popular, isn't it...?

sullynathan

Arcane
Isn't cross platform play exactly the kind of thing that might inject some life into a dying game...? I can already taste the tears of console peasants as they inevitably get stomped by PC players, just like in every game that ever introduced cross play.

Oh wait, that's probably why cross play isn't all that popular, isn't it...?
The biggest games in the world have crossplay, Ubisoft is probably waiting for the consoles next year to re-release their games and then implement cross play throughout.

Gerrard

Arcane
How do they plan to have cross platform play when console peasants are stuck at 30FPS which makes some attacks impossible to react to LMAO

sullynathan

Arcane
How do they plan to have cross platform play when console peasants are stuck at 30FPS which makes some attacks impossible to react to LMAO
Well for Siege, it's 60 fps on consoles so it will be easy to do cross platform. For Honor, I don't know, maybe they'll remove it for PvP modes.

Darkforge

Augur
I don't own any consoles, so PC, ofc. Doesn't this game feature cross platform play? As for Tekken, it is possible to find a match, but the community is so small I ended up fighting the same 5-6 guys 90% of the time. It gets boring because most of my matches were with people that were either much better or much worse than me. One-sided fights aren't fun. On the flip side, the Tekken 7 community is THE friendliest HUE community I ever came across. Probably because everyone knows if you alienate one guy you just lost like...10% of your potential opponents, lol.

Man you must have it rough with tekken, I literally live on the ass of the world (new zealand) and have absolutely no problems finding opponents when ever I log on, with mostly 4 bar connections.
If you play on PC, and if not you really fucking should, set your download region on steam to somewhere else, sometimes I get better results setting mine to Aussie.

For honor on the other hand..... Ironic considering the move to server based matchmaking was supposed to fix everything, it got worse for me.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Sup niggas. So the game was 80% off this month and I thought to myself "eh...why not" and...

WOW

I just wish I bought it sooner. I'm having tons of fun with FH, despite reading all about CCU "ruining the game FOREVAR" and all of that. I'm having a blast, so whatever. And despite my concerns stated ITT, the game is very much alive. Well, sorta. It takes a while to actually find a game and I kinda wish dominion lasted longer, but...yeah.

I hear CCU made the console experience utter trash, but who cares about dem plebs? On PC I've been pulling light parries pretty regularly so, if anything, the game is quite enjoyable.

My most played character is Black Prior, followed by Warmonger. Yeah, I like winning, cry me some samurai tears.

Silva

Arcane
Sup niggas. So the game was 80% off this month and I thought to myself "eh...why not" and...

WOW

I just wish I bought it sooner. I'm having tons of fun with FH, despite reading all about CCU "ruining the game FOREVAR" and all of that. I'm having a blast, so whatever. And despite my concerns stated ITT, the game is very much alive. Well, sorta. It takes a while to actually find a game and I kinda wish dominion lasted longer, but...yeah.

I hear CCU made the console experience utter trash, but who cares about dem plebs? On PC I've been pulling light parries pretty regularly so, if anything, the game is quite enjoyable.

My most played character is Black Prior, followed by Warmonger. Yeah, I like winning, cry me some samurai tears.
What's CCU? I play on PS4 and never had any problem. And the online community is crowded, so I don't know wut you're talking about.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
What's CCU? I play on PS4 and never had any problem. And the online community is crowded, so I don't know wut you're talking about.

Core Combat Update, the BIG thing that dropped on early august and changed everything.

As for the community, well...some game modes are straight up dead. It's basically just duels and dominion, but I can get those regularly on PC.

Silva

Arcane
Core Combat Update, the BIG thing that dropped on early august and changed everything.

As for the community, well...some game modes are straight up dead. It's basically just duels and dominion, but I can get those regularly on PC.
Interesting. I stopped playing last month. I should get back to it and see those.

About game modes, on PS4 we can always get 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 (my fave) duels, Dominion and Assault (is this the name? the one where one team must protect a Ram to reach the commander at the end?).

Tip if you're starting now: Stick to just one fighter at first and focus on feints and parries. This game is all about baiting and parrying. Also, try to stick to one combo/trick at first and get gud at it. You would be surprised how many people fall for basic combos/tricks in Dominion/Assault. I.e: that Kensei High Strike+ Feint to the sideways is so basic and yet a TON of people fall for it.

On the long range, try to practice with the most fighters possible, even if to get their basic combos, so you know how to defend against then later.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I went back to play this and I have to rant what I hate about this game because it has tons of things I like for a game to just jump in and behead people but it had one thing I despise until now.

It's the Samurai faction.

So I'm playing this game, I like the Knights faction. I like all their characters. I like fighting them, I also like fighting Vikings as well. Sure you have some undisputedly gay characters on both sides but I appreciate that the animations look grounded most of the time and have some basis in reality. So here I am having a fun time clashing iron with brutes and gallants alike, then a Samurai fucker comes in and for the sake of it let's go with Shinobi.

Oooh here comes Shinobi and anything that was remotely placed in reality now goes out the window. This piece of shit, this weeby little gearbox, oooh I want to punch my screen, just comes in and starts phasing in and out of existence and throws his little gay hand scythes around or teleports around like an asshole. At this point you're wondering why you're suddenly playing a different game because this cocksucker and his faction buddies subvert anything down to Earth. It's not just Shinobi, but Kensei, Orochi, these retards are just doing Akuma dash teleports all around you and you're thanking every Holy saint you ever read about in Darklands that this is not how samurai actually fought or we'd all be speaking Japanese today if this was the case.

Every time I see that a game has included a katana weapon in it I am genuinely upset. This weapon is a symbol of oppression for me at this point. It was shoved up my ass countless times in Dark Souls 2 PVP and it is being shoved up my ass in For Honor. I just want to play Peacekeeper and just innocently shank people but I'm being fucking terrorized and bullied by these infernal sons of cunts. Twenty minutes ago I looked up to my ceiling and called out to whatever deity would lend their ear, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?"

Hate this game. Delete this shit off my computer. I wish we never discovered Japan. I hope when the sun descends upon us all it scorches and immolates them first. But they'll probably fucking teleport and backflip and smoke bomb out of the way. I'm pissed now.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Peacekeeper takes GENUINE SKILL AND GOOD GENETICS to play.

Centurion? You mean "Kick?" Yeah, Kick is pretty good. I like Kick.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Peacekeeper takes GENUINE SKILL

Kek
All you pussys know to do is dodge around, cancel attacks and poke opponents with stabs to inflict bleed - maybe perform the shanking grapple when you're feeling so bold
Centurions on the other hand require a master's touch, as they're handicapped with short range but compesated with one of the most versatile movesets of the game

Generic-Giant-Spider

Listen to me.

Listen.

Listen to me.

Listen.

Listen to me.

Listen.

You don't have to deal with the nightmarish bullshit known to humanoids as "reflex guard." That's another rant for a rainy day. If I go into that one right now without checking my blood pressure first I will be hospitalized. That rant is full of pure rancor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom