Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

jf8350143

Liturgist
Another thing bugged me, my teammates sometimes stayed behind for no reason, despite I select all of them to move.

The game become very laggy when talk to Patriarchy, should be a bug.

Also had my first story fuck up:

bizarre is gone now. Brian Fargo's sidekick asked me to help them raid the place, I said no and go arrest Valor. After that the quest failed and said everyone in bizarre is either dead or left.

Should go tip off the leader of bizarre first before, but there is no way of knowing t his is a timed quest.

Combat speed is the most important stat for melee after strength. There's a pair of knuckles that grant +.5 CSpeed at the end of the prologue. Not sure if you get the bonus by leaving it in your offhand but either way it's a big deal.

Don't neglect speed at character creation and prioritise leggings and armor mods that grant CSpeed.
I couldn't find any info in game what does combat speed do? Reduce ap cost for moving or?

Brickfrog

Learned
Does the game stutter for anyone else when you highlight objects?
Try tapping the highlighting button several times in a row for a laugh.
Noticed this too lol.
I had pretty severe fps drops after jamming shift a bunch. would not recommend

I'm looking forward to the inevitable updates that fix a ton of these issues but from what I can tell the game is very playable at launch

Brickfrog

Learned
Combat speed is the most important stat for melee after strength. There's a pair of knuckles that grant +.5 CSpeed at the end of the prologue. Not sure if you get the bonus by leaving it in your offhand but either way it's a big deal.

Don't neglect speed at character creation and prioritise leggings and armor mods that grant CSpeed.
I couldn't find any info in game what does combat speed do? Reduce ap cost for moving or?
No idea what the actual formula is but intuition tells me that it's something like every point of CS giving you one more tile of movement per AP. I think that the base movement for 1 AP is 2 tiles. I am completely pulling this out of my ass but that's what tracks with my experience so far.

What I know for sure is that my dudes with lots of CS move a lot further for less AP than my speeddumped dudes.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Lots of reactivity going on in the dialogues, more than your average crpg. It's mostly "flavor text" so far but still nice to have(like Brygo thanking you for kicking the dorseys out of the clothes shop).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lots of reactivity going on in the dialogues, more than your average crpg. It's mostly "flavor text" so far but still nice to have(like Brygo thanking you for kicking the dorseys out of the clothes shop).

We will have to evaluate whether inXile succeeded in their mission (spearheaded by former lead designer G Ziets) to make Wasteland 3's reactivity feel more impactful than Wasteland 2's.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
XBOX users are complaining about crashing. Looks like gog version is least problematic.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
XBOX users are complaining about crashing. Looks like gog version is least problematic.

I've had two crashes so far, both have been on load screens if I alt-tabbed to do something in the background.

Other issue I've noticed is some lockpickable doors bitch about not being in range and you have to move your lockpicker to the exact right angle before they start picking the lock. Not a serious issue, but a little annoying.

randir14

Augur
Only major bug I've encountered so far is a quest that can't be completed. It asks me to go to an area and speak with someone even though I already cleared that place out and the NPC in question ran to freedom.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Two things I've noticed:

1) Armor is not well explained. I'm assuming there is a big penalty to movement, combat speed, AP but unless I'm blind this is not shown anywhere in game. So AFAIK I can wear the heaviest armor with no penalties even though this was NOT the case in WL2. Anyone know where this info is located? It makes light armor seem like a poor choice. Also Energy Weapons vs Armor is bad but again, this is not explained to you early on so if you didn't have prior knowledge from WL2 how the hell would you know this?

2) Trinket type items have no separate inventory tab like all other items. Another awful UI oversight. So you may pick up a Lucky Rabbit Foot that adds +crit or a Ranger Badge that adds +Hard Ass, etc. If you aren't on the main, cluttered & unsorted inventory tab and switch to the filtered tabs these become invisible. Who thought that was a good idea? They should either be under Miscellaneous or Armor FFS. :roll:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What does initiative do? Either I select the 'attack' dialogue option or just attack and I go first, or I let them attack me and they go first. You can select any of your chars on your turn, and it's all of you and then all of them. Wtf does initiative do then?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What does initiative do?

upload_2020-8-29_20-56-27.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
1) Armor is not well explained. I'm assuming there is a big penalty to movement, combat speed, AP but unless I'm blind this is not shown anywhere in game. So AFAIK I can wear the heaviest armor with no penalties even though this was NOT the case in WL2. Anyone know where this info is located? It makes light armor seem like a poor choice. Also Energy Weapons vs Armor is bad but again, this is not explained to you early on so if you didn't have prior knowledge from WL2 how the hell would you know this?

As far as I'm aware, if you meet the strength requirements for heavier armour, there is no penalty. Light armour usually gives less protection but has less strength requirement.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Two things I've noticed:

2) Trinket type items have no separate inventory tab like all other items. Another awful UI oversight. So you may pick up a Lucky Rabbit Foot that adds +crit or a Ranger Badge that adds +Hard Ass, etc. If you aren't on the main, cluttered & unsorted inventory tab and switch to the filtered tabs these become invisible. Who thought that was a good idea? They should either be under Miscellaneous or Armor FFS. :roll:

1. So far it seems the tradeoffs are the bonuses (lighter armor tend to have move and accuracy, heavier, status resists and son on) and strength investments.

2. I'm hoping they patch this in, also lots of othe sorting options (weapon categories, sort by name/type/value, ...)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you don't have enough strength for different armour pieces, you will receive various penalties. You won't just be able to wear heavy armour and think that it won't have a negative effect on your character if requirements are not met.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
The real question is,
when are you going to run into the unavoidable, persistent lock-up bug
that happens every time and blocks your progress.

Just turn it off and on again.

Hire me. I'll design ui
the programmers will implement it. I want 100k and work
remotely.

Before we extend an offer, Mr. Sheep, can you give us your unbiased
view on diversity and inclusivity in the work place? Do you think
straight white males have hindered women, BIPOCs and other minority
groups from advancing in this field?

Your offer is contingent on your answers. I'll let Shanesha, William
... excuse me ... Rebecca, and Luo Ji to evaulate your
response. They'll be in touch.

XBOX users are
complaining about crashing.

Found the problem.

Saduj

Arcane
Welp. This is trash at the moment.
Tried the GOG version, and just the amount of bugs and poorly explained stuff is staggering.
Created my rangers: 1 sneaky melee guy, 1 sniper. Got to the last fight in tutorial area: it's 6 guys with guns, including 1 with rocket launcher vs 2. And the melee guy is useless, since the area is huge, enemies are spread out and all got guns, and even if you get close to them to melee they don't die in 1 hit anyway.
Ok, game you got me. Time to restart.
This time replaced melee guy with medic+assault rifle guy. Got to the 2st fight in the tutorial vs the 3 guys and suddenly became aware that the game hadn't given me any ammo for my sniper, other than the 5 bullets she started with loaded into the gun. Of course, weapons don't drop from enemies, so I was again stuck with just 1 combat-able character.
Uninstalled and waiting for the Enhanced Edition/Director's Cut.

My starting rangers are like your 2nd party. I've only done the tutorial and searched the ranger base and haven't found any sniper ammo yet either. But I did find a new assault rifle during the tutorial between the time when starting sniper ammo ran out and next fight started. So sniper was able to use the spare assault rifle. I guess I'll have to give her a 2nd weapon skill but with no points in assault rifle she was still somewhat useful.

Also regarding the last encounter in the tutorial:

Shortly after the fight starts, the major shows up behind the enemy and helps you take them out. She killed the rocket guy before he could fire any rockets.

I've created four rangers and the skills my party lacks that seem to have the most opportunity to use are explosives and animal whisperer. Bunch of loot gated behind traps I can't disarm at the moment....

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I've only done the tutorial and searched the ranger base and haven't found any sniper ammo yet either.

Ammo is common as muck after the tutorial area, at least the regular calibers. I don't know whether that changes later.

Does the game stutter for anyone else when you highlight objects?
Only in Colorado Springs, every other map I don't have that issue. Yet.

~21.200 peak player count (Steam).
Better numbers than I'd expect for Wasteland 3, though maybe I shouldn't be so surprised since that's about the same as Deadfire. Still arguably a better sign for Wasteland 3 though since it has those numbers while also being essentially free on game pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom