Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What does initiative do? Either I select the 'attack' dialogue option or just attack and I go first, or I let them attack me and they go first. You can select any of your chars on your turn, and it's all of you and then all of them. Wtf does initiative do then?
Initiative changed from one of most important stat in WL2 to one of most useless stats in WL3.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's only for the individual ranger, but I think it's worth it, especially with the buffed leadership mechanics.
Do you happen to know if there are stat-boosting items or anything? I've been leaving some dudes at 9 on primary stats thinking I may find a way to bump 'em up to a 10 outside of spending points, but thus far I've only found skill books that raise skills (Which to powergame that, sounds best if you save it and use it later since the cost for raising a skill increases the higher it is) so I'm thinking maybe I should just fucking get some 10s. I did give my skillslut a 10 charisma right out of the gate because my theory is since intelligence no longer gives skill points-per-level, it may make sense to just have a guy earning massively more XP than everyone else and leveling quicker, thus getting more skill points. Remains to be seen how well that'll work out.
Modern games. Instead of using INT to learn more stuff, they are using CHA to get more XP.

Mortmal

Arcane
So melee chars, yay or nay ? I want to know before starting if they are useless like in atom RPG .

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So melee chars, yay or nay ? I want to know before starting if they are useless like in atom RPG .

I've got a high strength and speed melee character that is doing pretty well in the early game. He has an insane amount of hp and armour and does decent damage.

The AI seems to target him a lot as well, which is very useful.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

My melee tank seems next to useless. He can take a good amount of punishment and hits fairly hard, but i’m lucky if I can get him to swing his hammer once during combat before it’s over.

cpmartins

Cipher
I created a blade guy. He can hit hard for sure, but he tends to get shredded pretty bad at every fight IF he tries to be as good as the snipermans. Speed is important, since you need to hit and run if you wanna stay alive. And that's a big priority in my book.

Bah

Arcane

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is it cracked yet?
Infinitron if they didn't want me to pirate it then why did they delay the linux release?

Well, to be fair, it plays just fine for me (tested with Nvidia) using the proton glorious-eggroll 5.9-GE-5-ST release. A native linux port is nice, but not strictly necessary since wine+dxvk is pretty damn good these days.

Nice. I checked Protondb.com and I didn't see any reports of it working. I'm probably still going to wait until more bug fixes are in.

Mortmal

Arcane

They are 'wizards' from the sounds of it. Start off pathetic, end up god tier. Watch from 2:30 to 3:00 (especially 3:00 re: wizard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeNwVaUgvo

Ok thanks guys , so i will make a diversity party i guess. Game look more deep than expected.

You can try it on PC GAMEPASS ;)

You can try it on pirate bay.
It's cheaper on xbox pass... Yes really, to pirate safely you need a vpn , monthly fee is higher than the pass.

Tiger

Learned

They are 'wizards' from the sounds of it. Start off pathetic, end up god tier. Watch from 2:30 to 3:00 (especially 3:00 re: wizard)

Ok thanks guys , so i will make a diversity party i guess. Game look more deep than expected.

It's cheaper on xbox pass... Yes really, to pirate safely you need a vpn , monthly fee is higher than the pass.

I've been "demo-ing" games on pirate sites my entire life with no vpn, I'm 43. Never had an issue with an ISP. Things may be different in murica.

Mortmal

Arcane

I've been "demo-ing" games on pirate sites my entire life with no vpn, I'm 43. Never had an issue with an ISP. Things may be different in murica.

Theres a slight chance to get caught here , not much but it exists , and then there's also the fact pirate copies could be repacked with ton of shit. At the pass price its not even worth taking the risk in my opinion.

Bah

Arcane
Is it cracked yet?
Infinitron if they didn't want me to pirate it then why did they delay the linux release?

Well, to be fair, it plays just fine for me (tested with Nvidia) using the proton glorious-eggroll 5.9-GE-5-ST release. A native linux port is nice, but not strictly necessary since wine+dxvk is pretty damn good these days.

Nice. I checked Protondb.com and I didn't see any reports of it working. I'm probably still going to wait until more bug fixes are in.

Yeah, but all those protondb reports are 5 months old from the beta. It's too new to have any official good protondb reports yet.

Xeon

Augur
Is there a limit to how many people you can invite to your ranger base? for example if I invite the doc that is in Springs, is it possible there is a better doc somewhere else later? So far I am inviting everyone I can since I like to see my base busy and not seem abandoned or something.

I love the Scottish guy, he is hilarious.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is it cracked yet?

Pretty much every game either works out of the box when it releases or has a fix within the first few weeks of release now. Only games I can think of that don't work are ones that use rootkits AKA shit like easyanticheat

Codex Year of the Donut
Is it cracked yet?

Nearly every Unity game works perfect in wine.

Xeon

Augur
Question about the ending of the Springs town quest line with Brygo.
I killed the Marshal that tried to force me to attack Brygo, was there a way to make peace with him or was I forced to choose sides? also was there a way to appease Dorcy or will she always get upset and end things with me if I kill her guys? I went from Liked to disliked. Got -15 points and she even says he guy was an idiot so not sure why she is getting so mad at me for her guy's fuck up.

I assume I would have gotten the same reward from the Marshals as Brygo but I am not sure the armory recruit will later backstab me or something if I choose from the wrong side.

Edit:
Honestly thinking about it, would have been kinda cool if they gave the option to stand aside and let both sides fight it out and I might incur penalty points from both sides but not as big as -15 points to end releationship with the faction or something.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
This game so far reminds me... XCOM: Chimera. Looks like a turd (I'm not just about the visuals, it's passable) but tastes alrite.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That fucking clone fight. Now I just have to hope that I never meet enemies with energy weapons ever again throughout the entire game.

That fight made me realize how good it is to have a stealth dude. I snuck in and disabled the auto-turrent and placed one down myself, shooting them in the back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom