Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Perkel

Arcane
Updates is out. Summary of people feeling toward new end game boss:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MHW is to easy !

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also lol. This happened to me today:

Also this. Never seen Kulayaku on back like that. I didn't do it either.

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
An option to toogle parts of the interface on/off was added by the update right before Iceborne went live on consoles, might be the same on PC. Other than that, I've only seen mods to turn the whole thing off.

holy shit FINALLY got around to trying this and you're right!
1DcA0An.jpg

I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME NOW AND ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL SCENERY instead of having a bunch of crap filling up half the screen WOOOO!!!

MkyUsHF.jpg

thank you thank you this rocks!

Perkel

Arcane
Did upgrade from one stick of 8GB DDR4 ram to 2 sticks 2x8GB ram. Surprisingly MHW is one of games that actually shows boost and substantial one at that. Ryzen3600+GTX980

Astera
91FPS - 8GB
107fps - 16GB

Lilliput McHammersmith

First game I ever refunded on Steam. The controls feel like jello. And yet for some reason I get intrigued about it at times. Was I wrong, bros?

Vorark

Erudite
Two hours is too little to evaluate any MH, you're barely out of the annoying tutorial stage.

Perkel

Arcane
The controls feel like jello

Meanwhile going to a real controller from the 3DS felt like being freed from mud.
That shit C-pad (new 3ds xl) gave me vomit playing MH4U . Never seen a more imprecise and clunky button on a consolle. I guess it is appropriate for clunky combat games like MH

I replaced mine with PSP nub and it was joy to use after that almost as much as MHFU on vita with dual sticks.

First game I ever refunded on Steam. The controls feel like jello. And yet for some reason I get intrigued about it at times. Was I wrong, bros?

It takes time to "get" weapons and movement in it.

If it is your first mh game if you pick something like Lance it will feel like being chained to floor. This is why noobs are adviced to pick Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Longsword because they are dead simple, fast to use and you have DS like roll instead of hops they are also very quick to sheethe.

Weapons in this game are basically as if you would be choosing character in fighting game.

Perkel

Arcane
Final update to MHW will be announced 28th.
Also hint that they are working on MHW2/whatever name they will use.
Ichinose did something similar before XX

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Things I'd like in MHW2/MH6:

-Seamless open world
-Instanced quests
-*see* a quest when you approach the zone and join automatically if available.
-SOS flares visible in-world.
-Integrate gathering hub content to main town (remove gathering hub essentially)
-Integrate investigations/guided lands mechanics into regular game (more natural progression of monsters appearing, less gated quests and linearity)
-Place arenas in-world, randomly spectate arena quests while in town

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I liked a lot the time I got with MHW. It's a shame I couldn't play for long the giant mushrooms area. My phobias to those geometrical structures triggered me hard.

I hope they don't repeat this type of landscape for MHW2 because is a great game.

MH4U also a great game. I preferred it in some aspects.

Vorark

Erudite
dGl1qIY.jpg

MVpY01I.jpg

pbdAo3f.jpg

1qo6AAd.jpg

Single hit tenderize for light weapons is a welcome tweak as is the longer wound timer, all around good news for IG, LS and ranged players. Shame there seems to be no Narga variant, unless it's gonna show up as a surprise monster in one of those event quests.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Easier/longer wounding sounds great. The Clutch Claw is the one thing I could do without when it comes to Iceborne.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Things I'd like in MHW2/MH6:

-Seamless open world
-Instanced quests
-*see* a quest when you approach the zone and join automatically if available.
-SOS flares visible in-world.
-Integrate gathering hub content to main town (remove gathering hub essentially)
-Integrate investigations/guided lands mechanics into regular game (more natural progression of monsters appearing, less gated quests and linearity)
-Place arenas in-world, randomly spectate arena quests while in town

You are a literal degenerate. Why even suggest this? What about any of this makes you think about monster hunter. Just make a new ip at that point you fucking crook. I hope you never have the power or influence to decide a single thing that has anything to do with anything I enjoy or ever will enjoy.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If I liked Dragon's Dogma will I like this game?

I'm asking this purely because Capcom made both LOL

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Probably not, they scratch different itches. This is more like a Dark Souls boss rush.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom