Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Perkel

Arcane
years go by still one of best osts in gaming Xenoblade Chronicles

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
https://www.nts.live/shows/music-4-...-4-lovers-w-jabu-andy-payback-23rd-april-2020

AKIO OHMORI, RITSUO KAMIMURA, KEIICHI SUZUKI, HIROKAZU TANAKA
Sea Of Eden

HIROKI KIKUTA
A Wish

JUN CHIKUMA
Unknown

HIROKI KIKUTA
Ceremony

SPENCER NILSEN
Passage From Genesis

JEREMY SOULE
Menu Theme

JAN HAMMER
Jim Walls

NATSUME INC
S6

NATSUME INC
S4

KENJI YAMAMOTO
Brinstar Red Soil Swampy Area

SOICHI TERADA
オバケやしき / Haunted House

SHINJI HOSE
Silhouette Dance

JUN CHIKI CHIKUMA
Monogenic

SOICHI TERADA
タイムステーション / Time Station

MICHIRU OSHIMA
Collapse

TIM FOLLIN
Perils Of The Reef

UNKNOWN
W31

JAN HAMMER
Psychiatrist

KOJI KONDO
Ice Cavern

AKIO OHMORI, RITSUO KAMIMURA, KEIICHI SUZUKI, HIROKAZU TANAKA
The Place (The Cave Of The Past)

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This is true love making

This is true love making

This is true love making

This is true love making

compvet24

Educated
^All the sound in Capcom vs SNK 2 is fantastic. I do not think I have ever heard a better announcer than the one in CVS2. This battle is about to explode! FIGHT!
Speaking of good fighting game music...

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
^All the sound in Capcom vs SNK 2 is fantastic. I do not think I have ever heard a better announcer than the one in CVS2. This battle is about to explode! FIGHT!

Capcom vs SNK 1. ;)

compvet24

Educated

Capcom vs SNK 1. ;)

Hell naw. Nothing beats awkward Jap-English accent announcer.

They still have this game on arcade machines in a shopping mall near me :salute:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This is true love making

This is true love making

This is true love making

This is true love making
I downloaded the soundtrack to listen while working out, fucking disappointing. The Marvel vs. Capcom series has fucking fire for music, though. Listen to this shit constantly, especially while jumping rope.

Anyways, Capcom makes some ridiculous music, but their new shit is godawful. They just remix all the great themes into disgustingly bad techno-type shit.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Top shelf Age of music. These are my favorite from the 3 I've played. This series always has some ridiculously good music, though. In terms of series, definitely up there in quality. Age of Empires: III is probably the GoAT soundtrack of the series, though.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Rome Total War soundtrack is pretty epic, certainly gives you Antiquity battle vibes. Specifically, listening to Mayhem I had flashbacks of enemy cavalry charging into my defenceless archer units after finishing up my infantry guys.

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Warrior March

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Melee Cafe

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Romantic Battle

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Mayhem

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Mobilize

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Soldiers Chant

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Imperial Conflict

Rome Total War Soundtrack - Time 2 Kill

Kitchen Utensil

Not much longer and this will have its 10th anniversary.

After finishing it countless times, multiple times per year, I can safely say it's my favourite game of all time. Nothing before it (realistically after 1990) and nothing after (including other From titles) comes even close. And even should I live to be 80, I'm pretty sure nothing ever will.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm replaying the game right now, and I can't help but chuckle when I enter the elevator.

Sjukob

Arcane
Playing Unreal for the first time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom