Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It will, it's got a turn based mode too.
I did not know that...
I should have known those Russian kikes would fuck me over.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Arcanum. TB and RTwP can work fine individually, mix them together and you get shit.

It will be NOTHING like Arcanum and M&M VI-IX hybrid abortions.

Turn Based mod for P:K is already available for more then a year and works absolutely beautifully. The official mode should be even better. So no worries there.

The new TB-mode comes out on Aug 17th, correct? I never finished my Kingmaker playthrough, I was tired of the game before the ending (for me the gameplay only really works before mid-end game levels, at least in RT), then the ending made me put away the game and I never picked it back up to finish even if I meant to. So I'll definetely try the TB mode. With the amount of fights I hope there's a fast-forward button tho

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I haven't checked the beta. But I hope the official mode is not worse then the mod.
The mod allows switching between Turn Based and Real-Time on the fly. And also allows greatly increasing animation speed - I've never felt the Turn Based gameplay to be sluggish/slow (as opposed to Deadfire Turn Based mode, which has too many bullet spongy enemies).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
magine they tweaked the AI and you just talked out of your ass? Pick Reg for his superior class in TB - get rekt anyway?

Get your wall ready, Roguey! Hell knows no fury as a TB lover scorned!

I was referring to the mod. :)

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Is there a list of new archetypes, traits, spells and feats from the alpha, by now?

Roguey There's an AI mod from the maker of Call of the Wild, designed for turn based play, but it's still very much in its infancy.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
i have played up to old sycamore with the ai mod and to be honest i havent noticed any difference in the mobs behaviour.
maybe they change target more often or cast a spell or 2 but im not certain. latest version also mentions that some enemies buff but no mention of which ones.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I haven't noticed all that much with the AI mod either, but haven't played enough to make a conclusion. It's still a very early project. All I really want is for mobs to ocasionally threaten backline and for them to try flanking with the proper flanking mod rules. I love the PnP flanking because of all strategic positioning considerations it brings up, but, with it, mobs only ever end up flanking players by accident.

To be honest I'm a bit amazed at how much stuff that dude managed to make for the game. Very good implementation of a ton of feats, spells and classes. Some of these were really easy to implement, I assume, others not so much. The fact that some classes are so similar to others is probably what made Owlcat implement the Slayer as a free extra class themselves, there's almost nothing unique about it from a programming (coding?) standpoint. Specially because they didn't bother to put in any of the slayer specific talents. The upside is that Call of Wild classes don't stand out as being particularly getto in comparison.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
So for the people with Alpha, was there any dialogue changes based on deity chosen for divine classes? Or does no one give a shit?

I imagine its the latter since theres so many the devs couldnt possibly figure out exclusive stuff for each one

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey for once my patebins proved to be useful.
>Is there a list of new archetypes,
Yes: https://pastebin.com/87C4ERMm
>feats
No. Mostly the same. There was about one or two new ones. It's alpha though. They said there will be more.
>spells
No.
Also for anyone wondering why the pastebin does not include the mythic feats, spells, and other mythic related stuff. It's because I never got around to putting it in. I'm sure there is someone out there who has a compilation of that stuff.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
I wonder what they are gonna do regarding that Succubus since Owlcat is modifing the path to be open to Evil Characters as well and the in Pathfinder Path the Succubus leaves and fights against you if you turn her back to Evil and it seems to imply she got no free will if she has her base aligment so im really interested in what they do especially since one male romance is already psycho another one is a fucking bug another one is Crusader Queen and the last one is this Redeemed succubus so im real interested in how they intend to handle this shit.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
JEhuHov.jpg

The promo evil party contains the succubus, just with a sluttier outfit. So you'll be able to help redeem her with your dick, or push her back into depravity. Which is the obvious solution, if you think about it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So you'll be able to help redeem her with your dick, or push her back into depravity.
What exactly is the difference? How do you tell your dick whether to redeem or corrupt a woman?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom