Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl 3

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
https://www.bloodbowl-thegame.com

Unless I missed it somewhere else the Tron hasn't told the news - it seems like BB3 is coming:

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/blood-bowl-iii-announced

It seems like they've taken the video down since - someone probably fucked up by including BB3 with the other games in the video?

BB2 started off real rough but ended up being the clear best digital version of BB ever released (not that that's saying much, but it really was very good in the end), so I guess after 2-3 years this release could be cool as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Modron

Arcane
Another part of Bigben v. Focus conflict, I wonder?
Yeah they were obligated to make 3 games for them from the conclusion of that lawsuit right? I would imagine cyanide is getting a smaller portion of the pie which is why the nickle and diming, while not paradox levels, has been strong.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
:yeah:

I have 1000 hours in blood bowl 2, bring on the 3 !

Seems they are making pilin on use a re-roll, it will turn down the CLAWPOMB teams

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

It's surfaced again:

Unusually for Nacon, it's coming to Steam (at least for now):

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
12 teams. On the one hand, still money-grubbing, on the other: 4 more than they usually ship with at launch :lol:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
12 teams. On the one hand, still money-grubbing, on the other: 4 more than they usually ship with at launch :lol:
It's more about what teams though. We'll prob get humans/human noble/orc/black orc, which is barely 2 teams of value.

I'm more upset about no goblins though, especially with the buffs to the bombardier.

Stompa

Arcane
We'll prob get humans/human noble/orc/black orc, which is barely 2 teams of value.
We're definitely getting those as their models have been shown in the screenshots already. I really hope though that OWA and Chaos Renegades aren't included in those 12 though, they don't bring much to the table.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmmm... I don't like the new art direction. It looks like it has a sprinkle of casual gaming look.
BBII was almost perfect, why do you have to fuck it up.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
BB1 was better. Had really swanky armour for high level players.

Graphics whore. After updates, BB2 is a clearly superior product in almost everyway - but especially when it comes to bugs! FUMBBL still wins of course but then why wouldn't it.

Hell, just the fact that I don't have to open my router ports to play multiplayer :lol:

(Though my biggest gripe at the end was the fact that the "you can place 12 pieces"-bug was still so prevalent and the fucking retarded fact that you couldn't reconnect to a running game wtactualf)

((and the armor pieces from BB1 were cool as shit, I dunno why the fuck Cyanide - money grubbing scum that they are - don't monetize cosmetics for BB. They have an audience of adults with jobs, i.e. immense purchasing power, and a proven love for painting dolls))

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
After updates, BB2 is a clearly superior product in almost everyway - but especially when it comes to bugs!
Well yes, but the comment was about the graphics, and in terms of graphics and animation BB1 was entirely superior. In terms of usability and polish bb2 is much better.

((and the armor pieces from BB1 were cool as shit, I dunno why the fuck Cyanide - money grubbing scum that they are - don't monetize cosmetics for BB. They have an audience of adults with jobs, i.e. immense purchasing power, and a proven love for painting dolls))
Some of the pieces in the trailer look to have some extra fancy hats and such though, so it might be it is coming back.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
After updates, BB2 is a clearly superior product in almost everyway - but especially when it comes to bugs!
Well yes, but the comment was about the graphics, and in terms of graphics and animation BB1 was entirely superior. In terms of usability and polish bb2 is much better.

Some of the pieces in the trailer look to have some extra fancy hats and such though, so it might be it is coming back.

Few seem to realize this, but BB2 actually has a shop where you can use ingame currency for new uniforms for your teams. The currency is called cyans and its implementation in BB2 is completely obscure. You can also charge cyans for entry into tournaments you host (but why would you want to???). You earn cyans by playing.

I think someone at Cyanide actually understood a thing or two about modern monetization but then they ran out of time. I legit wish they would do shit like skins, paints, doodads etc. It wouldn't hurt the base game (seperate monetization cycle, money from skins goes into skin development) and I can't recall another game that is so fit for that business model considering the audience. It says everything about Cyanide that even when their audience would welcome some money-pinching scumbag tactics they can't work that shit out :lol:

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So ... what will be different in BB3? Better camera control maybe? New graphics? Why would I want to buy this instead of playing BB2?

sser

Arcane
Developer
So ... what will be different in BB3? Better camera control maybe? New graphics? Why would I want to buy this instead of playing BB2?

BB2020 is a whole new (and imo shitty) ruleset.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If they improved the AI and SP career I'll buy the complete version in 18 months. Otherwise they can fuck off.

(I do like the BlOrcs though...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom