Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Takamori

Learned
So, it's worth playing ? :M
If you don't have nothing to play or quality stuff to dabble on, its a good past time. I will probably spend a total of 85 ish hours with it and wait for whatever content Inxile do in the future.
:dontbelievehislies:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So Angela Deth...
She sends me to a great ex-slaver(who doesn't regret slaving), for him to say to me the Patriarch deceived him and buncha others...so we must end him lmao, I killed the potential companion dude there.

Tho the dude on life support in the next room claimed the Patriarch gave them innocent people to sacrifice, I went to Patriarch after that to confront him but there was dialogue option only for "deceiving of crime lords" and not for human offerings...

He made a deal with all the warlords of the plains and this include the skytards, so he would send slaves to whoever wanted slaves and sacrifices to those who wanted sacrifices. Prisiners, people in debt and political opponents. I understood Angela point but jesus that was a blood bath by the end
Yeah,the bitch is really annoying hypocrite. Couldn't stand her drivel,should have shot her on the spot.

Takamori

Learned
So Angela Deth...
She sends me to a great ex-slaver(who doesn't regret slaving), for him to say to me the Patriarch deceived him and buncha others...so we must end him lmao, I killed the potential companion dude there.

Tho the dude on life support in the next room claimed the Patriarch gave them innocent people to sacrifice, I went to Patriarch after that to confront him but there was dialogue option only for "deceiving of crime lords" and not for human offerings...

He made a deal with all the warlords of the plains and this include the skytards, so he would send slaves to whoever wanted slaves and sacrifices to those who wanted sacrifices. Prisiners, people in debt and political opponents. I understood Angela point but jesus that was a blood bath by the end
Yeah,the bitch is really annoying hypocrite. Couldn't stand her drivel,should have shot her on the spot.

Well its basically occupying Colorado and establish a Ranger Government you sort of save the Ranger organization but the people in Arizona get fucked royally. This next gameplay gonna put a bullet on Angela and do the deal with the Patriarch. Probably will kill Vic since he is too edgy and retard to be alive

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So Angela Deth...

Well its basically occupying Colorado and establish a Ranger Government you sort of save the Ranger organization but the people in Arizona get fucked royally. This next gameplay gonna put a bullet on Angela and do the deal with the Patriarch. Probably will kill Vic since he is too edgy and retard to be alive
That is what i did. You could just make save before collecting the last retarded child. By that point was pissed off at the retarded end game. Really poor story in general,waste of time for any self respecting storyfag.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
SQUAD.png

I played through the intro again for this!

Takamori

Learned
So Angela Deth...

That is what i did. You could just make save before collecting the last retarded child. By that point was pissed off at the retarded end game. Really poor story in general,waste of time for any self respecting storyfag.

Like the ending I was expecting the slides telling what the fuck happened, the music was a good idea but really badly executed. The ending definitely felt rushed lacked impact like the ending of Wasteland 2 and the Cochise fucking you up.
Should had an option to tell Angela to fuck off to Kansas and avoid the bizarre revolution

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hope so because I plan to start today my slight meta gamey run on Supreme Jerk also use the opportunity to do things different.

Well Cohh went straight with SJ for his first run and he seems to be doing fine, about 40 hours in.
He is a no lifer that does that shit all day lol,also he is 40 hours in. Tho i am curious at which silkroad site did he "met" his wife. I feel a bit sorry for her.

Takamori

Learned
They need to fix their god damn forums, kinda hard to submit bug reports and feedback with a broken forum.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Hope so because I plan to start today my slight meta gamey run on Supreme Jerk also use the opportunity to do things different.

Well Cohh went straight with SJ for his first run and he seems to be doing fine, about 40 hours in.
He is a no lifer that does that shit all day lol,also he is 40 hours in. Tho i am curious at which silkroad site did he "met" his wife. I feel a bit sorry for her.

Why would you feel sorry for her? He makes more money in a month than most of us in a year and i strongly doubt it is a high maintenance relationship for her.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, Sunday's peak: 24,555

Wasteland 2's peak: 18,856

Deadfire's peak: 22,724

Congratulations to inXile for not making a Deadfire-tier sequel. Unfortunately it seems like Ziets was right and co-op was a mistake given how its bugginess appears to be a major source of complaints.

SoupNazi

The game is good but absolutely needs a fast travel option. Going from one end of the hub to another is a fucking chore with these loading screens.

Other than that and the "unreadable" way stuff ends up working when it comes to stats (muh min-maxing! :() I'm quite enjoying it. Combat is very fun, to the point where I was disappointed at a certain homestead when I got my rangers into good positions and then managed to talk my way out of it. Almost wanted to reload to have the fight.

Can't comment on the story, but so far it's ok and intriguing enough to keep me going. Characters are very meh, unlike for example D:OS2, where they matter. They have a little bit of a personality and sometimes will quip about a thing in the world or interact with an NPC, but nothing major (so far, at least). Writing is OK, probably on par with Larian.

All in all, so far this is D:OS2 with guns and a lot more (and longer) loading screens. I'm OK with this, but not for 60 bucks. I'll probably buy it somewhere down the line when it's around 20 eurobucks to show support, but it's not worth 60.

The Jester

Cipher
Meanwhile obsidian are making a SKYRIM clone with their original IP, Sawyer is constantly drinking Booze and crying, who's laughing now?
ps4pro-torment-1-664x335.jpg

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Does the game has any gamebreaking bugs, like bugs that will not make you solve a quest, crash preventing you from going further? I see on my favourite pirate site there's j2340 version of GOG release(40863), i guess it already has day zero patch, with most bugs squashed?

Otherwise i might wait few weeks, maybe there will be also small sale, and i can grab the original.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Well, Sunday's peak: 24,555

Wasteland 2's peak: 18,856

Deadfire's peak: 22,724

Congratulations to inXile for not making a Deadfire-tier sequel. Unfortunately it seems like Ziets was right and co-op was a mistake given how its bugginess appears to be a major source of complaints.

Deadfire's Peak: 22 000
Wasteland 3 Peak: 24 000

2000 players is all it takes to not be a "Deadfire-tier" sequel? Or do you mean relative to the previous game?
Wasn't this game in development like twice as long as Deadfire? Did they really have a riveting success? was co-op really a huge money maker?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
2000 players is all it takes to not be a "Deadfire-tier" sequel? Or do you mean relative to the previous game?

Concurrent players are up from the previous and it's slightly higher than Deadfire, yes. Plus there's who knows how many tens of thousands playing on Game Pass.

Wasn't this game in development like twice as long as Deadfire? Did they really have a riveting success? was co-op really a huge money maker?

Who knows at this time. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom