Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Mechwarrior Living Legends

Mechs

• Total voters

Black

Arcane
https://www.sarna.net/news/did-you-...t-mechwarrior-living-legends-is-here-to-stay/
Fast forward many years later and I would still occasionally see news about MechWarrior: Living Legends on social media, but I always passed it off as such a tiny corner of the wider BattleTech community that it was hardly worth mentioning. I hope this article–and perhaps more like it–will make amends for my transgression.

And as I’ve found out over the years, I was wrong about many things, and certainly wrong about MechWarrior: Living Legends. It is a game worthy of my attention and the attention of any BattleTech fan looking for a different kind of BattleTech experience.

Jinn

Arcane
Black, your devotion to this game is truly admirable. I've only briefly tried it in the past, but maybe it's time to give it a lengthier shot.

Black

Arcane
mwllpeaceful.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
You know, in some deranged way it is true. Before the WoR, the Clan way of warfare was essentially less destructive and far more civilized if we follow the ingame lore.

Then of course it went weird because everyone needs to warcrime everyone

Black

Arcane
The only ones who are allowed to warcrime spheroids are other spheroids.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I love what they did with the Marauder. Worked off MWO's version (which was pretty decent) except it now has a proper dorsal gun. Some of those variants are SICK. Kind of wish they had a jumpy variant.

I like their Kodiak, kind of wish they had made a variant with MASC.

Sunder could use a bit of spiffing-up on the look, but variants look solid.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I love the fact that aerotech is a legit threat to Mechs in MWLL. Also the whole being a flying dispenser of HPPC death. HPPCs are meaty macho.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That 1 fps :| Cool game though. I gave up because I saw that it was going to take time to get good at it and I wasn't sure it was worth the effort. But the videos make me think twice.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I AM SO ANGRY AT THIS GAME.

On one hand it IS great and deserves more visibility. By all means give it a try, it is the real living motherfucking Battletech experience, and as a free game has more polish and fun than most 60bucks AAA trash.
On the other it is like the developers and the small existing community are doing everything they can to spoil the fun for anybody who doesn't hang on their discords or whatever trash they are hidding behind.

I have so many memorable moments, some of the best teamfights I have ever seen, some maps so beautiful I was in tears of awe and love when I discharged my 5 HSL in the back of a Ryoken, and so many times I just quit because other maps are utter trash, or some idiot is busy spamming those ludicrous aircrafts with enough armor to adsorb several AC20 hits, or simply a team member decide to trash a newcomer because he hasn't been playing the game non stop for years.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The problem is that nerds are needed to make games, but nerds are nerds :(

Black

Arcane
Aerofucks can be annoying and imo some should be toned down in armor, especially considering missiles don't track air that well. As for grognards, grognards will grog, especially in such a small incestuous community.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom