Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

sser

Arcane
Developer
Who pays attention to professional reviewers?

PC Gamer gave Rome: Imperator a 92 at release.

IGN an 8.0 with a nice quote of, "Makes it hard to go back to EUIV."

Rome's current playerbase is about equal with... Victoria II.

Not that I'm beating up on CK3, just that mainstream journalism is totally untrustworthy.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
EgxZgVYWsAAMStF
EgyI-ZnWAAAxzOT

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I'm not offended in the slightest, I legitimately want to meet someone who will see this feature and think "now that's a good addition". I legitimately want to, and my curiosity will be satisfied.

I am literally going play this and I think it's a great idea to be able to toggle so many things. I am going to convert entire Europe into the Gay and I am going to have a blasts while doing it. Knowing that someone can so butthurt about it will make it all the better.

Back then I asked the very same question about Sunset Invasion (dare I add that absolutely nobody uses this shit option btw) or the EU4 option to randomize the new world (okay maybe some people use this one) and only now do I have to endure the cheeky comments of smart asses.

But at least I got an answer. So I'll hold the list of invoked reasons to use this cool gameplay option :
- It triggers people.
- I want to gimp my game and hit game over in 2 generations.

The same reason as any of the sillier setup rules, like having the world ruled by animals. Perhaps I'm wrong — and I'd love to be — but it's very hard to assume that someone singling out anything to do with ~The Gays~ on here isn't doing so for any reason other than boring internet culture wars; because it's completely ignorable, and isn't something that wasted any meaningful amount of dev resources.
And back when they announced that you could play as a horse, I also wondered who the fuck asked for this. Somehow it didn't cause as many kind-hearted reactions back then, and I wasn't suspected of hating on animals.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's not like gays can't have kids. Maybe the all-gay option helps with late game performance since there will be fewer characters alive. :lol:

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Don't want to shitpost in this wonderful thread, but I can't help but ask: Swedes did this again? Did they add fanook-tolerancy to a medieval themed """realistic""" game?

They literally gave more options for you to toggle with religious tenets. By default everything is historical. However you can create a heresy which for example allows for gay marriage.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I'm not offended in the slightest, I legitimately want to meet someone who will see this feature and think "now that's a good addition". I legitimately want to, and my curiosity will be satisfied.

I'm not into strategy games but if I were I could see why that's a cool addition. Not an addition that I would ask for, but an addition I could imagine having fun with since it adds variety into the game, letting you create your own society. Just like how so many RPGs have ridiculously pointless skills that people are okay with, even though no one in their sane mind would ask devs for a skill that is useful in a couple of ocassions and nothing more.

I wasn't saying you were offended, it's just that it's weird how people dislike features that are entirely optional and make a big fuss out of it.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
$49.99, $600 for royal supreme director cut edition now, or wait a year and get patched up base game for free and skip the worthless Amazon Horse Women from Hell DLCs. Sounds good. I love their business model.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

I'm not into strategy games but if I were I could see why that's a cool addition. Not an addition that I would ask for, but an addition I could imagine having fun with since it adds variety into the game, letting you create your own society. Just like how so many RPGs have ridiculously pointless skills that people are okay with, even though no one in their sane mind would ask devs for a skill that is useful in a couple of ocassions and nothing more.

I wasn't saying you were offended, it's just that it's weird how people dislike features that are entirely optional and make a big fuss out of it.
I agree that I posted way too much for way too little a concern. I have a tendancy to shitpost and sometimes it spirals out of control. Sincere apologies.
Now let's have fun folks, only a few hours left.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I always meant to get into Paradox games. Would this be a good entry into it?

Why spend 50 bucks on a gamble? Get CK 2 first. CK 3 looks to be an upgrade in terms of events, graphics, whatever, but it's still the same format of game. Plus the base CK 2 game is FREE.

CK2 is free, is well-documented with tons of guides and tutorials to tell you how things work, and of all the current paradox games holds up the best without any DLC IMO.

Vatnik Wumao
I'm not looking for something grand, but for something addictive and surprising.
The CK series is the best in that regard since it has the most roleplaying qualities due to the fact that you control a character and not a state. Plenty of emergent storytelling for you to enjoy.

You can get CK2 and just pirate the DLCs from cs.rin.ru (& download the CreamAPI for them) since they work on Steam just fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom