Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Unofficial patch 2.0 released! (UPDATE)

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Playing Arcanum again and damn. Like Drog, hate Drog, but he did an excellent job on this. The game feels better and the good parts really shine a lot brighter. Probably the best quests in any game I've ever played.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
UAP hard mode was supposed to be released somewhere this month but sadly this won't happen:
Hz89BFI.jpg

Drog said:
I'm having some health issues, my surgery recovery doesn't seem to go too well (maybe botched), I'll focus on that for now, sorry guys
Not sure if I believe him but the bottom line is: we will wait quite a while for the combat improvement mod.

Acrux

Arcane
I noticed yesterday that the information on the UAP page about Hard Mode is gone, and it was there just a few days ago. You can see the search results show news about it on June 15th:

1a68ce1586889d67645ee62684f6b5cd26bbb950.png

But the current page shows June 11th, with the 2.0.2 patch - all hard mode stuff is gone:
e6555aa4e20f78812d88dc3fa4d1adbdf3991bc2.png

Drog had been pretty active on Discord until last week. One of the mods made him made with some banter (really stupid, low level stuff about him being a “coomer”) and he hasn’t been back on for a week (and by the way, it's much less active without him there). I wish Drog had a thicker skin, but he had immediately before that told him he wasn’t in the mood because of his health issues.

Anyway, I suppose all of this could be down to his health (feel better soon, Drog!), but I really hope we didn’t lose hard mode coming out for another 5 years because someone made a stupid joke.

Edit: Oh, and links to the Discord/Hard Mode channel are gone from the UAP page.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Goral can you transmit to him the following message pls?

Latest Drog's patch 2.0.2. If you press right + up on keyboard at the same time, it will result in this:
b0067821ba246b2efb069d0c5f564561.jpg

It doesn't always happen immediately, but trying for a minute is guaranteed to yield the result. I get this a thousand times per play session.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've asked it on Discord but I haven't seen him there since the time when he said he's going to the doctor (13.07.2020).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I wish he'd left some kind of dead man's switch, to release the sources if something happens to him. Maybe suggest it to him, if he ever comes back alive.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does this only happen with the latest 2.02 patch? If so, could anyone upload the previous versions, say 2.0., on google drive or something?
I don't think I've seen it for download anywhere since grog always replaces the old versions with the latest ones.

jungl

Augur
Too bad larian making baldurs gate 3 instead of a arcanum sequel. With their new engine and how they design their games would be a lot more interesting to see them do a arcanum sequel then baldurs gate.

Baldurs gate 3 also looks absolutely nothing like its predecessors.

Don Peste

Arcane
Ok thanks to the generous help of Don Peste and some French Fallout forum I could test 2.0.1. and 1.5.1 of the UAP patch.

In case anyone cares:
The bug described by Bester is not new to 2.0.2., it already occurs in 2.0.1. at least. It occurs when you select the hardware renderer in the config of the high res patch. With the software renderer, the problem doesn't seem to occur.

In 1.5.1 the problem doesnt occur at all, no matter which setting is selected. But hardware mode is slow and unresponsive for me.

Also, in the 2.x versions of the UAP, something was changed in the high res patch that completely fucks up the videos in the game for me, while they run perfectly fine in 1.5.1. The new ddraw.dll?

EDIT: Can confirm, replacing the ddraw.dll in 2.0.2 with the old version from 1.5.1. solved the fucked up videos for me, and also the bug described by bester doesn't occur anymore even in hardware mode.
However, hardware mode is slow and unresponsive (especially scrolling during combat), just as it was in 1.5.1.
So I use software mode by default anyway.

I think the problem is that with 2.x, Drog included the latest experimental test release of DDrawCompat with the UAP/high res patch, while 1.5.1. used the previous stable version DDrawCompat v0.2.1. So just download it and put in in your highres -> files folder if the latest version gives you trouble.

So there you have it.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
What does the patch notes mean "all three" versions of Virgil? There's the normal and the "zen". What's the third?

Black

Arcane
I like the new races and that enemies more often use spells/abilities, I actually got stunned several times.
Sadly the companion AI is still very selective about which spells to use- they summon and shapeshift but I never once saw Geoffrey cast Fireflash.
Oh yeah, and the integrated Educator thing doesn't seem to work, or works very selectively. I'm master in melee and dodge and only Virigil has both masteries, even tho I have Magnus, Torian and Loghaire who all meet the requirements but none of them has either dodge or melee even on Apprentice.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom