Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Does the current version of Call of the Wild work for anyone? I really wanted to play Investigator but it crashes loading the prologue after character select.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Quick question, why aren't weapon specializations grouped together like they were in Baldur's Gate 1 and Icewind Dale? It seems more logical to do broader specializations rather than every single weapon, at least in a video game context.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Mod is only expected to work with 2.08 English version of Enhanced Edition of the game,
there is a version for 2.1 but it is not expected to work correctly and there is no guarantee that it ever will, use it at your own risk.
From: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/112

Desiderius Are Americans still considered literate?

Phrase your question in active voice like a manly American instead of passive voice like a commie pussy and then perhaps I can be of assistance.

Desiderius

Patron
Quick question, why aren't weapon specializations grouped together like they were in Baldur's Gate 1 and Icewind Dale? It seems more logical to do broader specializations rather than every single weapon, at least in a video game context.

Weapon Training for Fighters is. Weapon Focus is more focused because it is available for all classes. Weapon Specialization is more specialized for tautological reasons.

Desiderius

Patron
Heh.

Americans have always been more literate than we were given credit for, especially in the 19th century where you had a ton of average joes into all kinds of cultural self-improvement and understanding.

But these iPalantirs are fucking with us all.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Because 3.0 was the beginning of a decline so deep that 5th edition had to resort to baby mechanics to try to crawl out of.

Maybe in a decade or so things will be better again.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So after wandering aimlessly, searching the Troll Lair for days, I finally found it thanks to someone telling me how to find Ekundayo.
It's just frustrating when you entered an area earlier than dev intended, cleared it, and missed out on something they added later.
Anyway, this guy turns combat into a joke huh. Debuts with a single round takedown of a troll. Comes with a pet too.
Will clear troll lair tonight. And yeah, Amiri is overshadowed so much by this guy in Chapter 2.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Amiri is overshadowed
She can't hit a damned thing.

Well, her huge starter sword comes with an AB penalty. Still deals nice damage when she can hit and is Enlarged.

But anyway, in order to improve the hitting odds - for her and the rest of your martials, just turn her into a Freeboother ranger at level 2. At level 5 she'll have unlimited use Freebooter's Bond for +2 AB vs Flanked targets. Stacks with Outflank, (that you should also get at 5) and regular flanking bonus - so whenever 2 of your melees are hitting the same guy, they get +6 AB). Plus she can also use a move action to use Freebooter's Bane and mark an enemy - allies hitting it will have +1 up to +5 AB vs him (+2 already at Freebooter level 5).

Lead Blades is nifty for her as well.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just switched her out for that stuffy gnome once I got him. I got a better barbarian anyway, obviously.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Druid/Barbarian sounds like a cool concept I'd like to explore sometime. Now that I think about it, my last BG character was a dual-classed Berserker/Druid.

Druids need more love.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So after wandering aimlessly, searching the Troll Lair for days, I finally found it thanks to someone telling me how to find Ekundayo.
It's just frustrating when you entered an area earlier than dev intended, cleared it, and missed out on something they added later.
Anyway, this guy turns combat into a joke huh. Debuts with a single round takedown of a troll. Comes with a pet too.
Will clear troll lair tonight. And yeah, Amiri is overshadowed so much by this guy in Chapter 2.

If you have area names turned on on the world map they put a ! behind area names where new stuff has happened.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Druid/Barbarian sounds like a cool concept I'd like to explore sometime. Now that I think about it, my last BG character was a dual-classed Berserker/Druid.

Druids need more love.
The lack of druid companion surprised me. A lot of content took place so close to nature. It should not be surprising to run across into druids investigating it. Instead we have two clerics.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Druids need more love.
The lack of druid companion surprised me. A lot of content took place so close to nature. It should not be surprising to run across into druids investigating it. Instead we have two clerics.
Druid seems pretty ignored and neglected. There's like 1 viable subclass (Defender of the True World) and afaik that's only because you get to fight a lot of fey enemies and nothing else. Shifters and Druids rise up!

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
As Desiderius can attest, a Feyspeaker is pretty cool also - due to access to illusion spells, particularly the almighty Mirror Image. Stunted BAB hurts. But then again shifted forms often don't care about iterative attacks.
Being Cha based has its perks also.

Desiderius

Patron

If you have area names turned on on the world map they put a ! behind area names where new stuff has happened.

Should have always been default.

Desiderius

Patron

Druids need more love.
Druid seems pretty ignored and neglected. There's like 1 viable subclass (Defender of the True World) and afaik that's only because you get to fight a lot of fey enemies and nothing else. Shifters and Druids rise up!

Each Druid subclass is very viable. Blight might be the strongest of all.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New Patch:

Update 2.1.1 – September 1, 2020
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• It was possible to enter the locations that required certain companions even if you had no such companions in your party. Resolution: fixed. If you are stuck in such a location, try loading an autosaved game before entering the area.
  • There were some incorrect ways of exiting the location with the Everblooming Flower in the Other World. Resolution: fixed.
  • Zombies in Vordakai’s Tomb failed to use weapons. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the issues with Nereids’ aura in the game saves.
  • The alchemists could use Fast Bombs as a standard action. Resolution: fixed.
  • The kineticist’s Shroud of Water ability worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed.
  • In turn-based mode, it was possible to use a character’s ability by pressing a hotkey while the character was moving. Resolution: fixed.
  • The smart cursor failed to suggest making a full attack automatically after a 5-ft. step even when it was possible. Resolution: fixed.
  • Frightened characters couldn’t take actions in their turn in turn-based mode. Resolution: fixed.
  • Now the effect duration is displayed in rounds in turn-based combat.
  • Fixed the Necklace of Double Crosses.
  • The page for the Illusion school of magic was empty. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sometimes the side panel could stop responding and wouldn’t hide. Resolution: fixed.
  • The number of available quicksaves and autosaves was set to 1.
  • Some combat log notifications about spell immunity have been localized.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/640820/view/2860303582310348355

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom