Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Aerie from BG2 underage?

xJxHCpI.png

That's an outstanding portrait.

The character is a young idealistic woman who suffered a horrendous trauma. Aerie was designed as a damsel in distress, and that's what Aerie is. Not a child, a damsel. The whole debate over this is just the worst kind of cucked white-knighting.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
A 100 year old elf is not the equivalent if an 8 year old human. Stop trying to peddle such obvious bullshit. You gotta go read the complete book of elves and other elven based material back from that era. HOLY fukk nutz

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
According to the AD&D 2nd edition Player's Handbook, the starting age for an elf player-character is 100+5d6 versus 15+1d4 for a human player-character. This implies that 100 years of age for an elf is roughly equivalent to 15 years of age for a human, though there might be differences depending on variety of elf (see PHBR 8 The Complete Book of Elves) and on setting-specific details.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the whole "this loli is actually a thousand years old!" thing. I still maintain that Viconia is the only patrician choice, but I'm not as militant about the other two as I was in 2020. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. The romances with your just-widowed step-aunt who has seen you in diapers and the obviously extremely young girl aren't my thing, but I'm more willing to let them slide now. It's better than fucking children irl, that's for sure.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's the whole "this loli is actually a thousand years old!" thing.
Not really. Instead of the mind of an adult in the body of a child it's the mind of a teenager in the body of an adult. Elves physically mature at the same rate as humans (until they're frozen in place for centuries).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Aerie?
bg2_npc_aeriel.jpg

Kind of remindsme of some ylu g kid with stickers on everything?

See that partial smirk. Punk kid is like "whatevva!!!"

Ninjerk

Arcane
I suppose this is where we start talking about whether elves undergo puberty and whether they have innocence or something mad like that?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So, Baldurs Gate has all this drama shit? I thought you just massarcred mobs and did quests and shit like the gold box series?

Romances & RTWP.... jesus fuck.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's the whole "this loli is actually a thousand years old!" thing.
Not really. Instead of the mind of an adult in the body of a child it's the mind of a teenager in the body of an adult. Elves physically mature at the same rate as humans (until they're frozen in place for centuries).
That very much depends on your definition of an "adult body", doesn't it. Since there is no actual scientific definition of it, this line of reasoning is moot. Whether the romance with Aerie has a problem with age difference needs to be defined by the Avariel. The issue in general is not so much whether she's technically legal, but in what kind of mental state she is (she's a trauma victim and a cripple after all, in addition to being extremely young) and what kind of relationship she has to charname (i.e. is she dependent on him in some way and can't actually refuse the romance). The same issues as with Jaheira (she's recently-widowed and his step-aunt), lol.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Well, yes? You can arbitrarily draw the line everywhere after being able to produce children.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom