Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elex

Arbiter
Official D&D lore has absorbed elements from various creators campaigns since the beginning. That doesn't mean the entire campaign is canon, only the elements that are actually put in print.
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/wildemount
so you missed the entire D&D wotc book that make exandria one official D&D setting?
Exactly. Whatever goes into print is official, stuff that's not printed isn't. What is your point?
The continent described in the book don’t exist in a void: the entire setting is canon, like the entire forgotten realms are canon even the part with no books based on them.

in particular: the event in the book are connected directly with the second critical role campaign!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Official D&D lore has absorbed elements from various creators campaigns since the beginning. That doesn't mean the entire campaign is canon, only the elements that are actually put in print.
so you missed the entire D&D wotc book that make exandria one official D&D setting?
Exactly. Whatever goes into print is official, stuff that's not printed isn't. What is your point?
The continent described in the book don’t exist in a void: the entire setting is canon, like the entire forgotten realms are canon even the part with no books based on them.

in particular: the event in the book are connected directly with the second critical role campaign!
What is this "entire forgotten realms" that's not from the books?

Elex

Arbiter
EGNx0YHU0AAybIU.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Book Of Roguish Luck.pdf 3M
Champions Of Ruin.pdf 6M
Champions Of Valor.pdf 13M
City Of Splendors - Waterdeep.pdf 18M
Dragons Of Faerun.pdf 41M
Faiths And Pantheons.pdf 40M
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.pdf 57M
Forgotten Realms Dungeon Master's Screen.pdf 2M
Grand History of the Realms.pdf 23M
Lords of Darkness.pdf 4M
Lost Empires Of Faerun.pdf 22M
Magic Of Faerun.pdf 4M
Monsters of Faerun.pdf 7M
Mysteries of the Moonsea.pdf 14M
Player's Guide To Faerun.pdf 6M
Power of Faerûn.pdf 45M
Races Of Faerun.pdf 4M
Serpent Kingdoms.pdf 7M
Shining South.pdf 8M
Silver Marches.pdf 30M
Unapproachable East.pdf 4M
Underdark.pdf 7M

Probably this one?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Book Of Roguish Luck.pdf 3M
Champions Of Ruin.pdf 6M
Champions Of Valor.pdf 13M
City Of Splendors - Waterdeep.pdf 18M
Dragons Of Faerun.pdf 41M
Faiths And Pantheons.pdf 40M
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.pdf 57M
Forgotten Realms Dungeon Master's Screen.pdf 2M
Grand History of the Realms.pdf 23M
Lords of Darkness.pdf 4M
Lost Empires Of Faerun.pdf 22M
Magic Of Faerun.pdf 4M
Monsters of Faerun.pdf 7M
Mysteries of the Moonsea.pdf 14M
Player's Guide To Faerun.pdf 6M
Power of Faerûn.pdf 45M
Races Of Faerun.pdf 4M
Serpent Kingdoms.pdf 7M
Shining South.pdf 8M
Silver Marches.pdf 30M
Unapproachable East.pdf 4M
Underdark.pdf 7M

Probably this one?
How many of those books are from 5e?

(Yes, I know the answer)

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
This is ironic, considering that initially BioWare chose the Sword Coast as the region to set their games in precisely because nothing within other Forgotten Realms media was happening within that part of the world.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So going through the prequel adventure Decent into Avernus at least one of the critical role characters is cannon thus making the setting and all the characters apart of the universe. Originally I thought they were their own world and had zero cross over.

Specifically it's this guy called Arkhan the Cruel. So if anyone is wondering where the hand of Vecna is in cannon lore it's in hell and he's trying to use it to free Tiamat.
Oh, no... That doesn't necessarily mean the character's gonna feature in the videogame, right? Right, guys? One of the things I liked in the BG3 promos was the complete lack of Dragonborn. Don't do it, Swen, my ass can only take so much... You can't do anything about nü-Tieflings and chaotic Pallies, but you can still say no to scalies!
They really can't say no to scalies, since they already said that they are going to implement every class and race from the Player's Handbook and the dragonborn race is in there.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They really can't say no to scalies, since they already said that they are going to implement every class and race from the Player's Handbook and the dragonborn race is in there.
That page was missing, funny that.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Gargaune

Magister
I realise there's no escaping the only race to out-edge dual-wielding Drow rangers in character creation, but I was hoping there wouldn't be any Dragonborn NPCs lumbering around. I've banned them at my table (along with reintroducing proper alignment restrictions), and I'd like to continue pretending like they never happened.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I realise there's no escaping the only race to out-edge dual-wielding Drow rangers in character creation, but I was hoping there wouldn't be any Dragonborn NPCs lumbering around. I've banned them at my table (along with reintroducing proper alignment restrictions), and I'd like to continue pretending like they never happened.

I'm not up to date with the lore on them - what's wrong with Dragonborn?

Codex Year of the Donut

I'm not up to date with the lore on them - what's wrong with Dragonborn?
Would you rather play as this:
Dragonwrought-kobold.jpg

or this:
Dragonborn-PHB.jpg

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I would hope so, but they've been completely "that's a big commitment and there are no current plans for it".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom