Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I just noticed that its possible to have popups overlap UI resulting in unable to press buttons until the popup fades away. That is annoying! This is why you do floating windows.

Kind died, everything went to shit because all my titles got scattered everywhere and then everyone took the opportunity to attack while we were disorganized and sent all of Ireland into endless war. 'ate succession laws

Smoker

Scholar
Bros I have a secret on a duchess that is attacking me that she's into incest but I have no idea how to use it to save my ass.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why you stupid f....s play this beta of demo? The game will be playable in year and complete (more or less, where are muh playable Knight Orders and Papacy Paradox?), moreover who is really playing with vanilla nowadays? Wait for cutting out most of Kangz and street-shitters mod for very least. So far its Crusaders Kangz for Commissar. :lol:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Great work is being done. People are working their hands to the bone
pJAudwz.png

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Overall, all those UI grievances are just baby duck syndrome - we were introduced to it, we got used to it, and we don't like the change. It'll pass. UI is tolerable and MUCH more informative than CKII, with extensive use of highlithting - I like it and will like it more when got used to it.
As for SJW shit - CKII had all of those as well as a togglable option - you can modify rules as you wish and that's not a fucking SJW catering because there is also historical option, with no women right at all.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Some people can get to eating poo too Comrade, for me the interface is awful but hopefully we will get mod bringing back the :obviously: one from CK2... as to SJW as long as I can turn it off and payed no kopiejka for game... Anyways CK2 will be more popular for years anyways unless you are onto sex with barbie dolls, once more Commissar is not judging* those who do.

*Only SJWs foam from their mouth seeing that people have fun with things they don't like for normal people its whatever/Cyka blad reaction.

:smug:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Readin' this thread only really made me realise how old I am. You folks are no longer funny with your edge :( I crave for the day when CK4 drops and all the same faces will be there yellin' DECLINE, SOULLESS GAME WHEN COMPARED TO CK3, LOL, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT, IT LACKS ALL WONDERFUL CK3 FEATURES.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Games just came out no ones made up their mind yet so relax. CK2 and Vicky are the only games they ever put out where people looked back on the previous games and realised the recent game was better despite its flaws.
But I mean you only get to release a game once so I think its right to critique this early on especially when so many people always say "well the games not out yet so you can't criticise it" well it is now and yes we can and yes we should.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Readin' this thread only really made me realise how old I am. You folks are no longer funny with your edge :( I crave for the day when CK4 drops and all the same faces will be there yellin' DECLINE, SOULLESS GAME WHEN COMPARED TO CK3, LOL, WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT, IT LACKS ALL WONDERFUL CK3 FEATURES.

Are you planning to self eject from our August Company Comrade?

Smoker

Scholar
Finally unfucked my neverending war and won 17 battles in a row maxing out strategist perks and my ruler dies of fucking cancer

Avarize

Magister
There is also one Muslim sect that accepts homosexuality, dunno whether or not it's historically accurate.
Some Muslims have always been really into bussy. Ottomans dressed male slaves in drag and said it's fine, in Siwa they used to fight over who gets to pop the new boy's butt and in modern day Afghanistan they still like to rape young boys (Google bacha bazi).

Tigranes

Arcane
Started as a Duke under the Basileos, faffed around a bit, tried things out, ended abruptly when dead without heir. Hard to say how all the mechanics will fare compared to CK2, but quick impressions:

*The UI is actually good in terms of how it organises information and shows the connective threads - Pdox games too often suffer from reading "X modifier changes Y" without being told what the fuck Y is, or being told "X needs Z" and then you have to click 8 times to get to Z. This UI is better on that front. Visually they went too far away from skeuomorphism and with way too big buttons and shit, but the general structure of it for information purposes is promising. We need a "fit more rows/columns on screen" UI mod.

*Feels like the tone of events/text is a bit too much towards zany carefree meme land, but overall it's not fundamentally different from CK2.

*War is going to be as mindless ever, trotting levies around playing whack-a-mole. Seljuks ran amok conquering the same Armenian lands again and again at least a dozen times with no opposition before actually winning the war.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
There is also one Muslim sect that accepts homosexuality, dunno whether or not it's historically accurate.
Some Muslims have always been really into bussy. Ottomans dressed male slaves in drag and said it's fine, in Siwa they used to fight over who gets to pop the new boy's butt and in modern day Afghanistan they still like to rape young boys (Google bacha bazi).

And equating any of that with what paradox means when they say “accepts homosexuality” is as ignorant as them calling Islamic polygamy “polyamory”, as I mentioned.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Attaching to other armies and asking allies to do certain things isn't in yet, or did I miss a button?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The men-at-arms costing Prestige is something I really dislike because Prestige is used also to declare wars. I don't like that at all. I think it should have just been gold like Retinues were in CK2 because its possible to lock yourself out of progress accidentally. So let that be a warning don't immediately get a men-at-arms because it'll stop your ability to declare war. Learned that the hard way. Its better to save prestige for your next war dec.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The yet unannounced first "big" expansion will cost $30 - 50% more than the previous "big" expansions to their games, which hopefully means, that the CK3 expansions will be extensive compared to the smaller CK2 expansions.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah the map looks really cool, but I would like another level from the bottom where you interact with county-tier or only direct vassals.

Currently I find sieges / who I'm at war with very difficult as I don't reflexively march onto the correct territory.

It also makes knowing who your vassals are difficult, as there is no colour coding.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Yeah the map looks really cool, but I would like another level from the bottom where you interact with county-tier or only direct vassals.

Currently I find sieges / who I'm at war with very difficult as I don't reflexively march onto the correct territory.

It also makes knowing who your vassals are difficult, as there is no colour coding.

#metoo

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

LoL the map is terrible,there is no proper borders to counties,duchies and such. The whole changing colours on zoom in and out is really annoying,also missing some good map types,there is like only 7,culture,religion,three types of government rank and the generic map. The game is really missing basic features that were part of ck2. Also the character finding options are atrotious and mostly useless. You can't for example find all the vassals that don't fallow your fate because there is only two options for fate,Christian and orthodox. There is no option for not my religion. There is plenty of other small things that are missing from the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom