Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Did they fix the translation yet? I don't like having to guess what skills/talents do (even more than usual).

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Did they fix the translation yet? I don't like having to guess what skills/talents do (even more than usual).
The translation isn't ever going to be perfect but it's not so bad that you can't figure things out unless you're retarded

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I just noticed something that might be working as intended, but that I'd consider a bug unless there's some clarification. Counterattack seems to break Iron Wall. Iron Wall is only supposed to be broken upon using an ability or upon movement. It is possible that Counterattack is classified as an ability, but I can't actually find anything that suggests that it is, so either way, I'd consider it an issue.

Someone should tell the developers so they can fix it, because this really fucks my Irene build.

The translation isn't ever going to be perfect but it's not so bad that you can't figure things out unless you're retarded
You can usually work it out, but there's some stuff that is simply gibberish. In hindsight, I should've screencapped them because I can't remember which ones they were, but they're in there.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Counterattack and Forestallment bypass most things like that (especially if you have the mastery set that enabling them to always hit) so its probably working as intended.

Lhynn

Arcane
Someone should tell the developers so they can fix it, because this really fucks my Irene build.
Probably working as intended, though it should deactivate counterattack if you use it instead of breaking it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Probably working as intended, though it should deactivate counterattack if you use it instead of breaking it.
Counterattack and Forestallment bypass most things like that (especially if you have the mastery set that enabling them to always hit) so its probably working as intended.
If it's working as intended, it should be clarified that Counterattack counts as an Ability.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Pretty sure all reactive actions use the base ability of the character, so they are considered using an ability due to that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm quite a bit in now (?). There is a huge difference in the usefulness of characters I feel. Sion cleans house left and right, the healer can barely contribute more than running around and opening chests.

Mig

Educated
Don't know if you just got her, but when I got her she was underlevelled compared to the rest. She became a really useful healer/dispeller later on with a decent normal attack. And a really strong overcharge aoe ability IIRC.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Don't know if you just got her, but when I got her she was underlevelled compared to the rest. She became a really useful healer/dispeller later on with a decent normal attack. And a really strong overcharge aoe ability IIRC.
So far her range is abysmal, as is her hp, making it very hard to use her without her dying before her next turn.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far her range is abysmal, as is her hp, making it very hard to use her without her dying before her next turn.

She's actually one of the more useful ones, got nice CC, she can steal buffs from enemies, also her attacks ignore cover to an extend. Her HP is low so yeah, she needs some defensive masteries too.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm quite a bit in now (?). There is a huge difference in the usefulness of characters I feel. Sion cleans house left and right, the healer can barely contribute more than running around and opening chests.
Anne becomes a lot more important later on when you have a larger crew and fight larger groups of enemies. You won't use her main attack much because somebody will be needing healing almost every turn.

Suicidal

Arcane
Is this really a tactical madness? If thats really good i will buy the game.
What about ja2 1.13 ? What about xpiratez? How troubleshooter stacks up with those 2?

It is a very good game but it's hard to compare it to something like JA 2. JA2 and X-com are all about preventing and dealing with long-term consequences (i.e., making sure you win with minimum losses or your fighting power will decrease, avoiding injuries, carefully managing money etc.) while this game is more about "how broken can you make your party with the very in depth character customization system". Personally I had a lot of fun with it, but don't expect the same level of challenge and assfucking found in something like JA2. In Troubleshooter you are the one doing the assfucking most of the time. The tactical combat is very good. On the surface it's very much like modern XCOMs, but there's a lot more meat and mechanics to it.

Last edited:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
This game is surprisingly awesome. Actually the best and most fun NuXCOM-style tactical game I have played.
Without this Thread I would have just dismissed it because I'm usually not really into the whole Anime kawaii shebang and the screenshots on the Steam Storepage were intially a bit of a turn-off. Having played roughly halfway through now though I'm actually invested in the story and like the characters.
There's decent mission/objective variety, insane amount of ability customisation, enemy variety is good, on harder difficulties you actually have to adapt and think + it takes a pretty long time to complete, certainly longer than XCom.

I think some people mentioned the grinding; I didn't have to grind once so far, but I also played all available side quests which gave me some more stuff than solely going after main missions. Perhaps if you are hunting for a very specific ability or item you will have to repeat some missions but it wasn't an issue for me personally thus far.

If you like tactical games this is a must-buy even if you are not usually very much into Anime stuff.

:5/5:/:5/5:
5 out of 5 trolls!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
.https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/470310/view/2889577613556614364

[Notice] Maintenance and Update Announcement

Greetings, this is Troubleshooter development team

We beg to inform you that game server maintenance and update details.

• During the maintenance, all servers will be unavailable.
  • Please finish the missions completely before server shutdown.
  • Update Detail will be release after maintenance is started.

Maintenance Schedule
  • Daylight saving time is not applied.
  • Date: Sep 1st, 2020
  • Wednesday 15:00 ~ 17:00 CET
  • Wednesday 23:00 ~ 01:00 JST
  • Wednesday 06:00 ~ 08:00 PST
  • Wednesday 14:00 ~ 16:00 UTC

Update Details:
  • Added the mastery sets.
    09361dc72710bf5c864aedfc8f0b5d6fd72dcde8.png

0dd12fc40d7f2e6760d91227dd20ec71074b7e14.png

e07f6bb3a775b82a0f61968adef3787941823d7e.png

• Added the character synergy system.
    - You can check the synergy between characters by pressing the [ Synergy ] button in the character information window.
    - The characters can have [ Bond ] when the friendship has been raised.
    ( * After finished this update, base on the record of mission completion, the friendship will be given to those whom already created the company.)
    - The character who has [ Bond ] can choose the [ Bond Mastery ].
    - We'll update more various [ Bond ] and effects based on the updated content today.

• Fixed a bug that a unit did counterattack or responsive attack while the unit was in the [ Silent ] state.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Delayed Throwing ] was applied regardless of the cover state of targets.
  • Fixed a bug that move range had not been properly displayed when you close the[ Combat Preview Mode ].
  • Fixed a bug that the turn speed increase effect of the meal effect had not been applied properly.
  • Fixed a bug that the [ Alt + click ] didn't work while you're typing the search keyword in crafting UI.
  • Fixed typos.

Thank you very much.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Completed the campaign a few days ago and not ashamed to say I had no idea what was going on with the story at the end there. Some kind of government secret program? Corruption, discredited research labs? No idea. Also, I got pets and robots way too late, they weren't helpful at all. I'm blaming the pet this time, not the owner.

Lhynn

Arcane
Completed the campaign a few days ago and not ashamed to say I had no idea what was going on with the story at the end there. Some kind of government secret program? Corruption, discredited research labs? No idea. Also, I got pets and robots way too late, they weren't helpful at all. I'm blaming the pet this time, not the owner.
Troubleshooter program is being pushed by the mayor to win the reelection, its why the police is so fucked, to give room for Troubleshooters to grow, develop and become heroes. He wants them to replace the police and become super heroes of sorts, because he pushed this bill and because you bring down the white tigers it is implied he will win the election.
As to what exactly the council is doing, i have no clue, its supposed to have something to do with esp powers but no idea what exactly. I think its kept vague because it is a plot line that will be developed in the future, all we know is that it is somehow related to that prophetic painter, the nine dragons and the spoonists.
Albus picked the most fucked district to raise quickly through the ranks to see what exactly happened the day his parents died, its why he fucked off from black pearl in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom