Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

agris

Arcane
Patron
If your future setting doesn't have 1911 style pistols in it still, the world-building is elementary school level. It's been around for 100 years, it 's not going to vanish in 57 more.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Very much applies to Browning's masterpieces.

Most games don't want to pay to license gun designs from their manufacturers, although I'm unsure if this is the case for the 1911.
This was likely already said, but the 1911’s design is now an open concept. I believe the relevant patents have lapsed in the US.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Colt 1911? In Poland it's Radom Vis 35!

o9l0cve-jpg.422200

Avarize

Magister
It's not like the Oscars where simply being nominated is an honor.
You haven't seen a single oscar winner from the last 16 years, have you?
Just because you're living in an internet bubble of edgy nerd-hate it doesn't mean the entire world is.

For the record, I don't watch many moves, but the last oscar winners I've seen; Joker, 1917 and Blade Runner 2049 were all good movies.
I was referring to best picture winners, and each one in the last decade has been either woke propaganda or explicit oscar bait. Some winners of lesser oscars are great, like Whiplash, but the most prestigious one always goes to garbage.

I was wrong to say ''16 years'', I forgot about No Country for Old Men
Hurt Locker was okay.

Tytus

Arcane
Colt 1911? In Poland it's Radom Vis 35!

o9l0cve-jpg.422200

We should add that most of the Radom Vis 35 pistols weren't produced by the Poles. After German Nazis took over the country and Radom Factory they loved the pistol so much the production of it continued. But with a German eagle on the side of the gun. Germany produced something like 10 times more Vis 35 pistols than Second Polish Republic was able to. So now it's much easier to find the Nazi version of the gun than the Polish one.
Also the Polish Home Army (Armia Krajowa resitance movement) infiltrated the factory and would produce doubles. Two guns with the same number. So the additional gun could be smuggled out of the factory into the hands to the freedom fighters. When Nazis found out, there was a public hanging of many factory workers.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Regarding the release date...

Although I do believe them that they want to (P)olish :eek: the combat or whatever else, I'm pretty damn sure that they pushing this as much as they can in order to be aligned with the next-gen console release dates. Now, the fact that people will grant them again and again the forgiveness pass, is something that they are aware ofc...

ChildInTime

Learned
Regarding the release date...

Although I do believe them that they want to (P)olish :eek: the combat or whatever else, I'm pretty damn sure that they pushing this as much as they can in order to be aligned with the next-gen console release dates. Now, the fact that people will grant them again and again the forgiveness pass, is something that they are aware ofc...
I think it has more to do with Nvidias yesterday presentation, CDPR knew the cards would be releasing in september and october. The craze that's happening right now in tech circles certainly justifies november release date - enough time for people to buy the shiny new 3080. I mean, they even had a trailer ready for the announcement.

Gargaune

Magister
I think it has more to do with Nvidias yesterday presentation, CDPR knew the cards would be releasing in september and october. The craze that's happening right now in tech circles certainly justifies november release date - enough time for people to buy the shiny new 3080. I mean, they even had a trailer ready for the announcement.
Damn. I ignored the whole 3080 thing but your post made me look that shit up and now I'm sad.

Quillon

Arcane

Achievement unlocked: 1 million subscribers!

Huge THANK YOU to each of you, Choombas! And let's celebrate that awesome milestone with a special world premiere: full version of Hole In The Sun – the first track from our official soundtrack which we have teased in the last episode of Night City Wire and noticed that you reaaaally liked! Created by Raney Shockne feat. COS and CONWAY AKA in-game band Point Break Candy.

:M

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

Just the fact that this sort of tune is going to make it in the game should tell you enough about the sort of game this is going to be. Hint: it's not a great sort of game.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I guess this is supposed to be sound like Soundcloud trap? If that was their goal then they have achieved it otherwise it's just very generic.

Yosharian

Arcane

Rik Schaffer composed this track one day after being released from jail. He was in the worst depression of his life. "That music wasn't even a game score. It was an album. I'm not that guy, or in that place anymore. I was broke, living on a couch, out of rehab and jail and living in Hollywood. Basically a character of the game."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom