Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Tried a bit of pagans and its the exact opposite problem with religion. If you aren't declaring holy wars (and you can't as an unreformed pagan), your fervor can only go up. Without the -50% piety cost to reform from low fervor you'll never reform your religion. It costs 4350 for the cheapest options and I make 2.6 per month on my current ruler. I'd have to die, take up a child heir, completely min-max all the appropriate traits to get something like 5 piety a month, ontop of pilgrimaging constantly and I might be able to reform by my 50s. And if I actually want to start changing things about the religion the cost goes up from there.

DemonKing

Arcane
Fiddled with this but can't say it's for me - being time poor I prefer games which I can play in short chunks and feel like I've achieved something. A game with no real objectives or goals that can go on endlessly just doesn't work for me at the moment.

Too bad as it looks like there are some interesting systems buried in this.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do i fight this?

e322077974a316290e21f6258c0fe009.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I created men at arms, but I actually don't see them anywehre on the map. Wtf?

97d62828c8001b71aad96e733b29652d.png

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How is the performance? A shitshow like Stellaris or is it a different engine?
Performance seemed smooth, but my games lasted less than a couple decades. It takes centuries for Stellaris to start chugging in my system.

I created men at arms, but I actually don't see them anywehre on the map. Wtf?

97d62828c8001b71aad96e733b29652d.png
They're in the same extradimensional space where the rest of your levies chill. Raise your army and they'll be part of it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
My levies aren't being refreshed. I lost 50% and they just sit there at 50%. Why?

Mortmal

Arcane
Struggling to survive a century, but I haven't played any "easy" characters yet.

Actually think my next try will be Russia, had fun there with early CKII.
Struggling with who ? I need a challenge, i shouldnt have started with byzantium i already remade the roman empire and theres still 400 years to go. Game runs better but play exactly the same with less features, i dont think i'll spend hundreds of hours on this.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I've heard that the HRE always explodes in the game atm ? Any feedback or observation on why ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom