Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

The Red Knight

Erudite
And speaking of Pizarra, did she always have only 18 hp? Because it looks almost suspiciously low.
My old screenshot says always
5aGTeB9.png

Should be harder to hit though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Weird, when you cheat the game is easy.

On reflection, it isn't exactly easy, since the way I breezed through the first level was obviously also a matter of knowing it inside out and having a more optimised party than last time, but it's all certainly much more bearable. Sharkman druid was still tough, minotaur mage was still kind of bullshitty, had some trubble with the babau or the mimics and garg, but otherwise it feels almost reasonable. Was very surprised how quickly the fire salamander and its elemental died too. The only encounter that I had to reload until desired effect was achieved was the efreet at the end of the death snare - marvelous bullshit this fight btw after everything that precedes it.

Naturally, I'm now entering into terra incognita (for me), so odds are things might get dicey again. But being able to at least fucking level up on the spot really just makes all the difference...

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Agree that the game feels more fair now. And no crashes whatsoever so far, nearing the end of chapter 3.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Naturally, I'm now entering into terra incognita (for me), so odds are things might get dicey again. But being able to at least fucking level up on the spot really just makes all the difference...

Without any spoiler, i can tell you it will.
And real soon...

The G. K., the H., P., T. S. Q. ...

How is the stability with version 1.05. Any crashes, and are games loading from different save slots?

1.04 removed the spellcasters crashes (or 1.05) and these were the only ones i experienced but i don't use quicksave.
I loaded older saves a couple of times as well and never had any problem on 1.03 (i'm writting down my progress for each save to be able to use them)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Goblin arena is a pretty great fight, I have to say. I just spent like 2 hours on it - imagine how much I raged when the fucking bard had to get just 4 damage on a 95% roll to finish off the mino mage (second last enemy remaining)... and he got 3. And then the mage stood up and smacked him dead for 50 damage. There goes my raise dead scroll.

I was also praying hard for the game not to crash after the fight since I think this was one of the more infamous crashes? :lol: Fortunately it didn't.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Goblin arena is a pretty great fight, I have to say. I just spent like 2 hours on it - imagine how much I raged when the fucking bard had to get just 4 damage on a 95% roll to finish off the mino mage (second last enemy remaining)... and he got 3. And then the mage stood up and smacked him dead for 50 damage. There goes my raise dead scroll.

I was also praying hard for the game not to crash after the fight since I think this was one of the more infamous crashes? :lol: Fortunately it didn't.

Yep that fight crashed four times for me in total. Always towards the end of the fight as well whenever I was doing well.

Fortunately, I think Pierre has mostly resolved the crashes on that particular fight now.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
The goblin arena fight I found surprisingly easy even on the first version of the game. Cast acorns of Earthquake on the first turn, kill 95% of the goblins, fight the big guys with a fresh party.

Probably close to the end, but I don't think my impressions will change by the time I'm done. Engine's great, AI quite impressive, but the module itself is very hit-and-miss. The fun parts are great, but then there are times when the pacing's all fucked-up, and the puzzle-fights that have only one way of solving are bullshit.
Gotta admit that while the grafix themselves are rather fugly, the game plays super smooth with the top-down token style and at no point I found myself wishing for an isometric version, so I take back all the shit I said about that during the ks campaign.

So yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said. Hopefully Pierre will listen to the criticism and deliver a more polished module next year.

PS: Is it me, or the pally companion is a worthless piece of shit?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So I hear the goblin king is hard because he summons vrocks.

All I can say is, if you make a tactical retreat and block the way to his room with quicksand, all he does is waste all his spell slots on retarded useless shit and doesn't summon anything :smug:

edit: and then your game crashes because the AI can't handle that much thinking...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
enemy force reduced to blinded vrock at 30 hp and two <10 hp goblins

well this fight wasn't actually that ter...

*crash*

:hmmm:
:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

m9VG9X.jpg

Sotomonte

Educated

*crash*

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

m9VG9X.jpg

Crash is a high level spell used by enemies that causes stun and exhaustion on the player ... this is what is called metagame :shittydog:

anyway ... any news about when this game, and the first one, will come out on GOG?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
At this point it feels like crashes/bugs are the main antagonist for me.

The goblin king fight isn't bad at all. If you get a proper starting formation and launch a quicksand into the corridor to the south room where all the gobs are pouring out of, you have a pretty reasonable margin for assorted failures, and if you're lucky, Magebane on a dude with many attacks can make short work of the vrock.

But then the game crashes as I'm about to win. Or it crashes when a goblin's AI overheats from trying to figure out wot do with both quicksand and entangle. Or the goblin king walks into the quicksand and somehow decides to cast dispel magic, but he can't do it, so the game freezes in mid-cast. Or I get spell failure from rubble when my guy is not even affected by rubble. Or moving into/out of the middle sewer trench shows a longer possible movement path than what can actually be crossed.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

*crash*

2 crashes in a row ?
Funny how the game crashes in different places for everyone.
For me, it was the stairs in the goblin "arena" and the area after the goblin king along with the salamander area in the crypt.

Did you send your crash infos to Pierre ?
Might be helpful, he probably thinks he dealt with all the bugs from this area already.

She can use divine scrolls. She is not an "extra martial", but an extra caster who can spam Heal while your Cleric does something more useful.

So can Erz, he's not that good either, except for the end of the lower sewers area but he can nuke a little and heal.
Maybe i didn't use the right spell to cure her but she looked really bad, really disappointing for all the enchanting stones you have to spend to recruit her.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
At this point it feels like crashes/bugs are the main antagonist for me.

The goblin king fight isn't bad at all. If you get a proper starting formation and launch a quicksand into the corridor to the south room where all the gobs are pouring out of, you have a pretty reasonable margin for assorted failures, and if you're lucky, Magebane on a dude with many attacks can make short work of the vrock.

But then the game crashes as I'm about to win. Or it crashes when a goblin's AI overheats from trying to figure out wot do with both quicksand and entangle. Or the goblin king walks into the quicksand and somehow decides to cast dispel magic, but he can't do it, so the game freezes in mid-cast. Or I get spell failure from rubble when my guy is not even affected by rubble. Or moving into/out of the middle sewer trench shows a longer possible movement path than what can actually be crossed.

Maybe try something else, i used stinking cloud on the king's corridor and didn't get any crash.
It gives you some time to deal with the rest and eventually the Vrock and then you remove the first one and cast another one at the bottom on the king or silence and it's done.

You can also use energy stun at some point.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oof. Gobbo king is dead.

Sucker never even got to summon his stupid vrocks :smug:

When in doubt, spam call lightning, fireball and pipes of pain.

Trash Player

Scholar
Martials that have no action economy advantage or utilities are suboptimal. Enchantments alone can do so much work, whatever damage bonus the class provides will be drowned out.

Mortmal

Arcane
also, whoever said that samurais are terrible, clearly hasn't seen one consistently crit big niggas for 80 damage
Pretty much everyone who finished the game will tell you, samurai is not worth it compare to gladiator and fighters. Of course you are playing the cheat engine version of kotc 2 so with no need of gold for leveling and best gear possible i suppose everything seems to work now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom