Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
EfnrccTX0AE3Lt8

Because of these two, I decided not to buy Wasteland 3 and save my money for this game

I am loving the color palette and its artistic style

grimace

Arcane
Just downloaded the updated "beta" and all of a sudden it is completely unplayable. Now the game opens full-screen instead of windowed, but when I try to click on the map to move my character, they go in a random direction or don't move at all.

:negative:

Whalenought_Joe please implement keyboard-based movement! I'm begging you! The current control setup SUCKS even when it is properly working!

This is a beta test.

This iteration of movement does feel different than past iterations.

when I try to click on the map to move my character, they go in a random direction or don't move at all.

There is a line of sight arrow drawn outwards from your character that will point in the direction your character faces. You may need to adjust mouse sensitivity (if playing a laptop with trackpad, disable trackpad or other mouse input devices). The further away from your character your mouse pointer is the easier to determine the direction you face.

Now remember, this being a turn based game, when you click to move you are entering your move command.

High Octane Simultaneous Turn-Based Combat requires patience and thought. Plan every move before clicking.

Now the game opens full-screen instead of windowed

That's a common Steam game issue.

Whalenought_Joe probably isn't reading your comments.

Since this is down:
https://whalenoughtstudios.com/community/

Feedback goes here:
whalenoughtstudios gmail.com

buffalo bill

Arcane
Just downloaded the updated "beta" and all of a sudden it is completely unplayable. Now the game opens full-screen instead of windowed, but when I try to click on the map to move my character, they go in a random direction or don't move at all.

:negative:

Whalenought_Joe please implement keyboard-based movement! I'm begging you! The current control setup SUCKS even when it is properly working!

when I try to click on the map to move my character, they go in a random direction or don't move at all.

There is a line of sight arrow drawn outwards from your character that will point in the direction your character faces. You may need to adjust mouse sensitivity (if playing a laptop with trackpad, disable trackpad or other mouse input devices). The further away from your character your mouse pointer is the easier to determine the direction you face.

Now remember, this being a turn based game, when you click to move you are entering your move command.

High Octane Simultaneous Turn-Based Combat requires patience and thought. Plan every move before clicking.

Dude. I understand how the mouse commands are supposed to work. At least on the PC I am currently using, movement controls are currently totally broken—I have about ten hours logged with the previous beta build and never had problems beyond the mouse input being ultimately a bad way of implementing movement commands (that is, I could play the game fine, but always wished for a fundamentally better control scheme).

I don't get this pedantic tone you are adopting. Most games I play are traditional roguelikes, and I know how to play turn-based games of this sort. I'd post problems on the game forum, but the forum is down. Have sent emails before with no response.

buffalo bill

Arcane

This sounds like you are explaining how a turn based game works to a five year old. That fits my definition of 'adopting a pedantic tone'.

But I admit that tone is sometimes hard to discern on a message board. I don't want to start a fight, I want to controls to get fixed and eventually to be improved. Expressing my interests and concerns on a message board that the devs are known to sometimes read seems like a fine way to try to make that happen.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Just gave it a spin. Very nice art-style and feel.

Hope final gameplay doesnt become too much hack n slash though. Cyberpunk SitS seems about as good as it can get at this point, which is totally fine.

CharacterNik

Novice
So 2021 will be awesome because of Encased, Stalker 2 , Spire of Sorcery, ATOM Trudograd, Fallout- Mutants Rising , Fallout: Yesterday and now Copper dreams.
Noone will stop the hype train!:bounce::bounce::bounce::kingcomrade:

Ok, I have to chime in with my 2 cents:

I find many indie game names to be beyond terrible, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game. Names like Vagrus (STD???), Aloloth (Trololol?), Encased (Boring?), etc. So why would you go from Copper Dreams (which is actually a GOOD name, evoking Cyberpunk-ish stuff perfectly) to Mechajammer, which sounds really, really dumb?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

I find many indie game names to be beyond terrible, regardless of the quality of the rest of the game. Names like Vagrus (STD???), Aloloth (Trololol?), Encased (Boring?), etc. So why would you go from Copper Dreams (which is actually a GOOD name, evoking Cyberpunk-ish stuff perfectly) to Mechajammer, which sounds really, really dumb?

If I had to guess it was probably changed because of the stylization switch.
IIRC (My memory is shit and I don't really follow this game) their original pitch had a much more Bronzey-orange colour grading and seemed to be a more esoteric approach to "Dark Grungy Cyboorpoonk"

I actually do like the art direction of the game right now but Copper Dreams was a better name.

buffalo bill

Arcane

If I had to guess it was probably changed because of the stylization switch.
IIRC (My memory is shit and I don't really follow this game) their original pitch had a much more Bronzey-orange colour grading and seemed to be a more esoteric approach to "Dark Grungy Cyboorpoonk"

I actually do like the art direction of the game right now but Copper Dreams was a better name.
I agree, and also think it has to do with marketing. When you google 'copper dreams', you get images of a game/games that looks nothing like the current game. Hopefully the name change indicates no more radical gfx changes

daveyd

Savant

Perhaps after seeing the success that others had going from "No True With the Furies" to "Disco Elysium"?

Jinn

Arcane
I cant tell, is it still the "simultaneous turns" system?

As far as I can tell, technically yes. Though much different than what they had originally presented. I liked when they were working with the "granular movement" system more, that I think involved action points. This is more simultaneous turns ala roguelikes, as far as I can tell. grimace could probably give a more detailed explanation though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom