Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground - turn-based tactics with cards

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only saving grace of AoS is that the MUHREEN faction doesn't actually take center stage like it does in 40k, but I guess the guys behind this video game don't get it.
It is because fantasy space Marines just don't really work.
And they kind of existed before. They were named Chaos Warriors.
Just look at the beginning of Warhammer Online, when everyone was rolling a Chaos Chosen.
That is also why Chaos as launch DLC for Warhammer Total War made fans angry (but I suppose it would have been the same with all factions, except maybe Vampire Counts).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'll play it if it's good. I'm not married to the old setting; I really don't give two shits about Warhammer lore, setting or anything like that. Only the aesthetic matters to me, and from what I've seen in Age of Sigmar only the Sigmarines look dumb as shit. Lizardmen and Skaven are still dope, which is all that matters.

Shinros

Learned
The only saving grace of AoS is that the MUHREEN faction doesn't actually take center stage like it does in 40k, but I guess the guys behind this video game don't get it.

Eh, in my opinion AOS is slowly overtaking 40k in terms of lore, have you read the recent 40k books and supplements? Trash. Considering what they did to Ghaz, I have a feeling the Silent king is going to get whacked and shake his fist at the space marines who beat him. Anyway, I will shake my head to anyone that pre-orders the game without actually seeing gameplay. But as you know such people always exist.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks like the "latest" Might & Magic: Heroes 7.
Which looked like some overdrawn, oversaturated anime.

tenor.gif

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It reminds of Dawn of War III - but that's no surprise because Matthew Kuzminski is on board.

orcinator

Liturgist

Eh, in my opinion AOS is slowly overtaking 40k in terms of lore, have you read the recent 40k books and supplements? Trash. Considering what they did to Ghaz, I have a feeling the Silent king is going to get whacked and shake his fist at the space marines who beat him. Anyway, I will shake my head to anyone that pre-orders the game without actually seeing gameplay. But as you know such people always exist.
Lore is for secondaries, only plastic matters.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Age of sigmar looks so janky somehow and I don't mean the game here necessarily. Models, names, factions, the map and all else it feels like a knockoff mobile game meant to sell coins for skipping queues.

Urgold coins minted by the Dwarfs Duardin to pay the Fyreslayers.

Beowulf

Arcane
I don't have high hopes for this ever turning out good.

It's published by Focus, and their recent Warhammer releases were met with lukewarm reception - mostly because they were released too early, with poor AI and many bugs.

And the dev studio has this blurb:
"Gasket Games is a studio dedicated to developing online games using innovative match-making and streaming technologies [...]".

Besides, it's Age of Sigmar.

Olinser

Savant
I wonder if it will keep some of the inane rules of AoS.

Ie:
Ancient Dignity: Dragons are ancient and prideful creatures, and the Elves that
ride them are no less haughty, but from such nobility and dignity stems an inner
strength. If, during your entire hero phase, you can maintain a dignified (even
arrogant) composure and not smile, smirk or laugh regardless of your opponent's
antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until
your next hero phase.

That wasn't even the stupidest rule.

One army gave you a bonus if you had a bigger mustache than your opponent.

Beowulf

Arcane

Ie:
ride them are no less haughty, but from such nobility and dignity stems an inner
antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until
your next hero phase.

Wasn't there also a rule for who gets the first move based on the length of the beard?

But I think it was only their attempt at humour and trying to go for the meme appeal, and people playing the game didn't really use those rules except for some beer games.

Olinser

Savant

Ie:
your next hero phase.

Wasn't there also a rule for who gets the first move based on the length of the beard?

But I think it was only their attempt at humour and trying to go for the meme appeal, and people playing the game didn't really use those rules except for some beer games.

Silly stuff has its place. But the reason that people absolutely savaged GW over this crap was because at the time they LITERALLY burnt Warhammer Fantasy to the ground and replaced it with this idiocy, and instead of actual rules to play by they slapped us in the face with that crap. They didn't even have god damn point values on release, it was literally a joke to them.

I love Warhammer, both fantasy and 40k (fantasy more though - Total Warhammer 2 I'm 1 game away from 100% achievements and have 750 hours played). I will never, EVER touch any Age of Shitmar property.

buzzwords and red flags everywhere. i'm always hopeful, sometimes even too much, but this time seems pretty hard to be such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom