Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You’ll see

Desiderius

Patron
No, seriously. You get upgraded effects with each skill and they’re completely insane.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s shit like:

Mythic Mobility

Whenever your movement would trigger an AoO, you get the AoO instead of the opponent.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
He could use a crown though.
What is it with liches and crowns? In almost all the artworks a lich has one.
You see, a Lich's love for his headgear is very different from that of the living and other squares.
You wouldn't understand. It has to be experienced. Let's just say it really scratches that lichin' itch.

paulK-2.jpg

ChildInTime

Learned
You see, a Lich's love for his headgear is very different from that of the living and other squares.
You wouldn't understand. It has to be experienced. Let's just say it really scratches that lichin' itch.

paulK-2.jpg

Google searched the image, goddamn, some of these skeletons are literal works of art.
ce09e229123bb3014423700dbb682052.jpg

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
How would a fucking oread look like as a lich?
Like a very grey rock.

Or, more seriously, Oreads in PF are really just normal people touched by the elemental forces of Earth. They have skeletons and whatnot just like anyone else. I imagine that an Oread Lich would look like a petrified, stone-like skeleton, perhaps with some protrusions and such.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Technically speaking a Lich by PF lore doesn't have to look skeletal, it's just they usually can't be bothered to maintain their bodies.

There is a Lich in one of the APs that puts a lot of effort into maintaining their physical appearance.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

paulK-2.jpg

Google searched the image, goddamn, some of these skeletons are literal works of art.
ce09e229123bb3014423700dbb682052.jpg

Oi, we already have a thread for that: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-bone-crowd-sfw.128847/

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm currently reading the Rise of Nagash trilogy (almost finished with the first book) and I'd say that's a fun story about a necromancer taking over a whole country. It taking place in the desert involved some unique possibilities Nagash exploited to a pretty striking degree. It also explained the origins of the vampires, but Tomb Kings > Vampire Lords imo. If the lich mythic path is half as fun as that story I'm getting wet just thinking about it. It's obviously fantasy schlock, so don't take this as some evaluation of high art. Nagash does feel overpowered though, there are literally only 2 fights the undeads lost and one of them had nothing to do with him. But I digress, give me that lich love.

ChildInTime

Learned
I'm currently reading the Rise of Nagash trilogy (almost finished with the first book) and I'd say that's a fun story about a necromancer taking over a whole country. It taking place in the desert involved some unique possibilities Nagash exploited to a pretty striking degree. It also explained the origins of the vampires, but Tomb Kings > Vampire Lords imo. If the lich mythic path is half as fun as that story I'm getting wet just thinking about it. It's obviously fantasy schlock, so don't take this as some evaluation of high art. Nagash does feel overpowered though, there are literally only 2 fights the undeads lost and one of them had nothing to do with him. But I digress, give me that lich love.
If only Nagash was not so stupid evil, he would have been a very fun protagonist. But as it stands - he is such a dick, it's very hard to root for him dicking over other desert dicks.

But yeah, liches are the best.

I wonder if Owlcats will go the extra mile and actually make different skeletons for different races and male/female models.

klaher-baklaher-pzo2102-lich.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
If only Nagash was not so stupid evil, he would have been a very fun protagonist. But as it stands - he is such a dick, it's very hard to root for him dicking over other desert dicks.
Nobody is a good character in this novel tbh and I can't even remember most of their names or what they are supposed to be, so I have to constantly consult the dramatis personae at the beginning of the book to keep track of who betrays whom. I knew what Nagash is going to be like the moment his inner monologue told me he wanted to do cruel things to Neferem's (my waifu) flesh, so I didn't get my hopes up. Nagash just does evil stuff and the others react to it, that's it as far as characterization goes. It could've been a character arc where Nagash becomes more and more debauched the more he studied the black arts, but nope. Neferem deciding out of the blue to drink the elixir of life took me right out of the moment too. I thought Khefru was the most interesting character in this story because of his dual "nature" of going along with what Nagash wants and protesting at the same time, but I knew he was going to be killed and replaced with Arkhan the Black from the beginning because nobody mentions Khefru in the sections that take place just before the completion of the Black Pyramid. I actually thought he was dead by then until he appeared to take a tour of it after it was built. He could've been used to inject a bit of humanity into Nagash, but alas this is a story about a comically evil man committing comically evil acts with no remorse or introspection.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
I wonder if Owlcats will go the extra mile and actually make different skeletons for different races and male/female models.
Exactly. I'm also wondering if they will make skeleton models for animal companions if you had any. That would mean skeletal models for dinos too so I doubt it.

Desiderius

Patron
It is pretty central to the Arcanist class so they should, although it wasn't in the Alpha.

Without it Arcanist is painfully pointless. Subpar caster with a shitty, limited use Kineticist attached.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Alpha 2 is supposed to be coming soon. Discord already has a lot being set up including the channels and such. Expect it to be released this week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom