Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Van Buren Mod now called Fallout: Yesterday

CharacterNik

Novice
They released a new installer because some couldn't see the intro video.
It showed fine for me though

https://drive.google.com/file/d/145xjY9bYbCKE6X3V5QyQJN4obDUsROc4/view
https://mega.nz/file/dl0VUKyA#1b27XdqoDDSP4Ily1REsV-HUxh1F1rOTbckViY3zyCE

CharacterNik did you escape? I talked to that kid and got the key
I almost watched the 10 minute intro and then accidentally clicked the mouse and skipped it.
I had very little time to play , but i hope to land my hands on it tomorrow. Tried to kill the welcoming robot -died. Tried to walk past red power shield - died. Tried to walk past blue robot - died.
Cheat engine doesn't work for some reason. I don't think i have the patience to watch the animations on 1x speed once again.

CharacterNik

Novice
  • So i played it for a few hours and managed to escape from prison.
There are a lot of new enemies.
I saw four new robots. From welcoming bot to Behemoth (absolute unit).
In the desert i encountered RadSpider and Sand Shark.
There are a lot of cool new models and sprites.

-To escape from prison i talked to rogue AI (south west elevator)
-then i went to the bar(south east elevator) and talked with one of the prisoners there. I gave him sexdoll (found one in my prison cell) and he gave me some kind of explosive.
-I took a key from kid near the locked door(south path from elevator) and opened it. You can open it with lockpick skill too.
-Then i used explosives on the computer inside of that locked room.
-Then i went east from there and met BOS platoon. With 30 % Steal i emptied their pockets . I have stolen a lot of ammo and medicine. Then BOS just let me go.
When i got out of the Tibbets prison i wandered around and didn't found any city/village. The map is swarmed with enemy encounters just like Fallout Sonora.

Nobody in the prison cares that I am super mutant, no one reacts to the fact i am 7 feet tall green motherfucker.
So i will replay as a human, because ghoul or Super Mutant can't run.

I am loving it so far.

Juju Zombie

Novice
Thanks, I managed to escape in the meantime too.
Where did you find Radspiders? After 1 month passed, I encountered ARGOS and had to reload the game because I thought I could take him on xD
P.S. We can ask him about super mutants on Discord. But I'm playing as a ghoul and I can run normally. Is your running turned off in options?

EDIT: When I turn on running, super mutants move faster

Last edited:

CharacterNik

Novice
Thanks, I managed to escape in the meantime too.
Where did you find Radspiders? After 1 month passed, I encountered ARGOS and had to reload the game because I thought I could take him on xD
P.S. We can ask him about super mutants on Discord. But I'm playing as a ghoul and I can run normally. Is your running turned off in options?

EDIT: When I turn on running, super mutants move faster
Rad spiders was special encounter. Just a cave with Tarantulas. I played with 6 luck and found it easily.
I met ARGOS ghosts or robots too.

Also i met huge Badgers, flying bees , mutated cannibals (they look like naked Pudge from dota), spider robots.
I am impressed with new enemies, their sprites and animations look gorgeous.

About Super Mutant movement speed i actually had the option turned off. My bad.
I hope Hexer delivers this candy to us in the near future.

Juju Zombie

Novice
About Super Mutant movement speed i actually had the option turned off. My bad.

I sent him a message on Discord, he replied that they'll def increase their speed in the next update.

P.S. Was thinking about you mentioning BOS earlier... I'm not 100% sure those guys are BOS.
I mean why would they attack robots and the robed guys were praying??

CharacterNik

Novice
P.S. Was thinking about you mentioning BOS earlier... I'm not 100% sure those guys are BOS.
I mean why would they attack robots and the robed guys were praying??

I just thought it is happening after Enclave defeat , so BOS got their hands on their technologies from Navarro and Vertibird Blue Prints.
Considering that they wear Enclave Power Armour and they stormed Tibbets on Vertibird I believe they are Brotherhood of steel or some rogue wing of it.

Hexer said that you need 100 Science to hack the Odysseus i will try it tomorrow. Maybe it will shed some light on this.

Juju Zombie

Novice
Rad spiders was special encounter. Just a cave with Tarantulas. I played with 6 luck and found it easily.

I made a new character with Luck 10 and also found it! There was a Desert Ranger in camo armor at the entrance, did you miss him?
He has some sort of new weapon but I can't get it - if I lure radspiders to kill him then they catch up on me before I can escape.
And I tried beating him on my own, I can't. I'm thinking of using the bomb on him - I want that new weapon :)

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
::INSTALL GUIDE IN 6 EASY STEPS!::
4. (Optional) Reduce screen brightness to 15% and turn on Night Light (if available on your OS).
The game was made with a specific art style supported by the original Fallout developers and this is how it's intended to look and feel.
It is playable on other types of settings though but might not look as good!

Dev is a retard confirmed.
Why the fuck is there a password on the installer...

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
That was nifty on a 10 luck char. Will play if full version is ever out.
pcqCGs3.png

CharacterNik

Novice
::INSTALL GUIDE IN 6 EASY STEPS!::
4. (Optional) Reduce screen brightness to 15% and turn on Night Light (if available on your OS).
The game was made with a specific art style supported by the original Fallout developers and this is how it's intended to look and feel.
It is playable on other types of settings though but might not look as good!

Dev is a retard confirmed.
Why the fuck is there a password on the installer...
Because he has patreon and released the game there first .Dollas bills are good for motivation.

Edit1. I opened that door with 6 luck. =)

Saduj

Arcane
Halp. Where are you supposed to go after the prison?

The guy tells you to head northeast. I’ve zigzagged much of the map northeast of Tibbets and see nothing.

CharacterNik

Novice
Halp. Where are you supposed to go after the prison?

The guy tells you to head northeast. I’ve zigzagged much of the map northeast of Tibbets and see nothing.
That's all for now .There are 2 special encounters based on luck.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
I think this just jumped to the top of my games backlog. How much playtime is there? 2-3 hours, a bit more?

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
No Codexers play it? In case you missed it (it's in the first page, though, but oh well)
Seems like the early access for this is out. Pass is summer 2020

https://mega.nz/file/9w8nGC6Y#6UREUFFxFZlaMrtsy52senaOyfrMt8GwBjc7yJ1IRZA

They released a new installer because some couldn't see the intro video.
It showed fine for me though

https://drive.google.com/file/d/145xjY9bYbCKE6X3V5QyQJN4obDUsROc4/view
https://mega.nz/file/dl0VUKyA#1b27XdqoDDSP4Ily1REsV-HUxh1F1rOTbckViY3zyCE

CharacterNik did you escape? I talked to that kid and got the key
Folks at NMA are betatesting playing it. I haven't because I'm waiting for a complete, polished experience though, in addition to playing some other games and also work.

Anyway, some juicy drama is going on over there in NMA thread with a former member of previous fanmade VB project https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-yesterday.219083/page-10 :lol:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Folks at NMA are betatesting playing it. I haven't because I'm waiting for a complete, polished experience though, in addition to playing some other games and also work.

Anyway, some juicy drama is going on over there in NMA thread with a former member of previous fanmade VB project https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-yesterday.219083/page-10

So, i wasted 5 minutes of my life to read about this storm in a teacup.
It's just a guy which was doing some art for the project and quit because WWII weapons broke apart in Yesterday (Van Buren).
And now he's insulting everyone.

Just follow my advice and don't click on the link.
Don't say i never did something for you.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Anyway, some juicy drama is going on over there in NMA thread with a former member of previous fanmade VB project https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-yesterday.219083/page-10

So, i wasted 5 minutes of my life to read about this storm in a teacup.
It's just a guy which was doing some art for the project and quit because WWII weapons broke apart in Yesterday (Van Buren).
And now he's insulting everyone.

Just follow my advice and don't click on the link.
Don't say i never did something for you.

Yeah that Vali guy is a bit of a crazy autist. He was getting mad at laclongquan in an NMA thread for suggesting making a mod that made Metzger and the slavers tougher.

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/metzger-and-guard-rebalance-mod.219492

laclongquan

Arcane
Outside of Vali's usual storm in teacups, my threads are not that beneficial since I am a tried-and-test-idea mods more than a full working mods. if you know how to work some super basic tool like item and character editing programs (which already out ages ago), you can replicate my ideas easily enough. I dont do anything tougher~

Like if the critters are poisonous enough, how about triple or quadruple their poison: Only in effect in earlier game and making use of the antidotes. It will be logical and helpful to drink antidotes after fights or you are going to be poisoned to death en route.

Or if the Metzger's gang are tough enough, since their role in storylines can be quite heavier than their time of death...

One idea per thread, test with actual gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom