Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwerve, a Zelda-like Action Tower-Defense RPG is on Kickstarter

snarlynarwhal

Barely Literate
Hi everyone,

I'm Percy Legendre from Half Human Games, the small team behind Dwerve, a Zelda-like action tower-defense RPG where you play as a dwarven tinkerer that uses turrets and traps to fight.

Dwerve launched on Kickstarter last week so I have been trying to tell more people about it.

Dwerve is an epic adventure

Dwerve-GIF-Ancient-Ruins.gif

With an engaging story

Dwerve-GIF-Dialog.gif

Tower-defense combat

Dwerve-GIF-Magma-Mines.gif

Vast turret upgrades

Dwerve-GIF-Workbench.gif

Epic boss battles

Dwerve-GIF-Grombil.gif

Are you ready for an adventure?

Dwerve-GIF-Cliff-View.gif

If you are a fan of A Link to the Past and tower-defense games like Dungeon Warfare, Orcs Must Die, and Dungeon Defenders, check out the Dwerve Kickstarter. Thanks for reading my post.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
You should fire your artist, he seems competent. He shouldn't be a part of the unholy abomination against god and man you have created here.

polo

Magister
The art looks really nice. And thats everything good i can say about that thing. Oh congrats on succesful funding, but this is definitely NOT your crowd.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The art looks really nice. And thats everything good i can say about that thing. Oh congrats on succesful funding, but this is definitely NOT your crowd.
Why not?
Serious question?
Yes.
Codexians are old farts who don't even have mobile phones, but are convinced that all mobile games are shit.
Tower Defense are mobile games as a rule of thumb.
Therefore tower defense rpg <=> shit (TD) in a bowl of soup (RPG).
An affront from the codexian pov.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Why not?
Serious question?
Yes.
Codexians are old farts who don't even have mobile phones, but are convinced that all mobile games are shit.

Got it. Thanks.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't listen to the retards here, it looks fun. I'll give the demo a try later today.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Why not?
Serious question?
Yes.
Before tower defense games were on mobile they were on flash websites. I'm not convinced that tower defense games are shit by default. I enjoy the Protector games, but that's about it these days. Further, I also don't mind a few Zelda games. But what I mind is when someone puts four different genres, that despite seeming similar, are really not and doesn't tell us why we should give a shit. It reeks that the studio has no idea how to advertise outside of people who give money as soon as they see the Zelda-like graphics. Which are also not helped by looking like they mostly came straight out of ALttP, but with some fancy modern graphical effects because that works. The stuff that isn't partially cribbed from there looks competent, but not worth throwing money at. The artist has talent, he's not good yet, just competent. The rest shouldn't quit their day jobs.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Finished the demo. Fun and fairly brutal until you get the hang of it (also a little short, would have liked to get a taste of the tower upragde system before it ended). Zelda graphics is one thing, but the game tries to be just like a little too hard. The tower placement mechanics are pretty clunky. Admittedly zelda was a clunky game even in its original incarnation, but a clunky strategy game with towers is considerably worse than a clunky game where the bulk of the combat was just swinging a sword around.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Yeah it's funny, I actually like the tower defense genre unlike everyone else here, but I don't like the art.

Heh.

I played some tower defense games, they're mostly extremely bad and repetitive.
Plants vs zombies was fun though (the first free flash version at least)

But why wasting a game's potential (zelda-like with good/decent graphics) by adding the tower defense mechanism ?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah it's funny, I actually like the tower defense genre unlike everyone else here, but I don't like the art.

Heh.

I played some tower defense games, they're mostly extremely bad and repetitive.

Some are good, but yes usually they're games where you can go on autopilot a lot of the time and just watch things unfold. It's all about clever placement of towers and then watching them do their thing.

Good games in the genre are Gemcraft, where you can combine gems for different effects and maps often have some special elements to them, and Dungeon Warfare which uses a simple physics system and has traps that can push enemies into chasms or launch them through the air.

snarlynarwhal

Barely Literate

Yeah, I kind of realized that after the first couple of comments haha. Well, glad you like the art and thanks for the congrats!

Finished the demo. Fun and fairly brutal until you get the hang of it (also a little short, would have liked to get a taste of the tower upragde system before it ended). Zelda graphics is one thing, but the game tries to be just like a little too hard. The tower placement mechanics are pretty clunky. Admittedly zelda was a clunky game even in its original incarnation, but a clunky strategy game with towers is considerably worse than a clunky game where the bulk of the combat was just swinging a sword around.

Thanks for trying the demo and getting back with some feedback. The tower placement does feel clunky right now. I think it is because you place towers on a grid, but can move freely. So if you are in-between grid spaces, you might build a tower in a grid space you did not intend to. My team and I have ideas to fix this, so the final game should have much less clunky tower placement. Thanks again for the feedback.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Yeah, I kind of realized that after the first couple of comments haha. Well, glad you like the art and thanks for the congrats!

Thanks for trying the demo and getting back with some feedback. The tower placement does feel clunky right now. I think it is because you place towers on a grid, but can move freely. So if you are in-between grid spaces, you might build a tower in a grid space you did not intend to. My team and I have ideas to fix this, so the final game should have much less clunky tower placement. Thanks again for the feedback.

Just let me place them with the mouse. Maybe even have an upgrade option that lets you place them further and further away from you.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's dangerous to post a mobile game on the Codex.

Take this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom