Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

KVVRR

Learned
They introduced a behaviour score system a while back, at 10k (maximum) behaviour score, you get matched pretty much exclusively with similarly zen players.

I stopped playing once 7.00 hit and Techies got reworked. His new kit might not be bad but it really isn't as fun as just dominating a lane by yourself if the enemy didn't have a silence was.
Wasn't techies reworked in 6.86? Anyhow that rework was pathetic, a total abdication by Icefraud. Insta-gibbing people with mines isn't actually that toxic or bad design at all, it's normal to get destroyed with no recourse in dota2, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Admittedly being able to deal damage from across the map is pretty obnoxious, but like with Tinker, the more serious problem is that these heroes are very good at defending high ground and very bad at taking highground.

I would make techies' mines deal damage to both enemy AND allied buildings, including the green mines. No more autistic 70 minute highground defense, but in return he becomes very good at pushing.
Maybe you're right, it's been years.
I like the idea of techies damaging allied structures, but he'd be seen as an even more of a troll pic that way. It was already a coinflip to see if somebody in your team called gg as soon as you picked him, now imagine giving techies a reliable way to actually troll his team.

They introduced a behaviour score system a while back, at 10k (maximum) behaviour score, you get matched pretty much exclusively with similarly zen players.

I stopped playing once 7.00 hit and Techies got reworked. His new kit might not be bad but it really isn't as fun as just dominating a lane by yourself if the enemy didn't have a silence was.
Wasn't techies reworked in 6.86? Anyhow that rework was pathetic, a total abdication by Icefraud. Insta-gibbing people with mines isn't actually that toxic or bad design at all, it's normal to get destroyed with no recourse in dota2, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Admittedly being able to deal damage from across the map is pretty obnoxious, but like with Tinker, the more serious problem is that these heroes are very good at defending high ground and very bad at taking highground.

I would make techies' mines deal damage to both enemy AND allied buildings, including the green mines. No more autistic 70 minute highground defense, but in return he becomes very good at pushing.
While your idea seems good in a vacuum, it would just mean that Techies would be the perfect griefer hero (more than he already is, but he griefs indirectly), and the Dota player base being what it is, it would never work.

Whatever happened to that guy anyway? I always got a crack out of his videos, but apparently he made an effort to become one of the Good Guys (tm) but was never heard from again.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Whatever happened to that guy anyway? I always got a crack out of his videos, but apparently he made an effort to become one of the Good Guys (tm) but was never heard from again.
He's trying to be positive, as ''Reformerer'', but he has some sort of schizoid personality or whateverthefuck, dooming such attempts to failure. Sometimes he's fairly normal, other times this happens:

Plus he is some kind of vegan cucklord now. SAD!
LMAO someone voicemorphed the video

He's basically unwatchable cringe now.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'd rather see Techies be a turret-hero and have something akin to the old "tower rush" strats from old Blizzard titles (sturdier turrets than veno wards).

Psquit

Arcane
I did reinstall Dota 2. I'm rusty as fuck but fuck it! I'm having a blast.

Edit: I'm getting rape out there. Any advice to git gud? Who should I main?

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Just had probably the first or second game where my team was pretty decent for Normal Skill and we would have 100% lost without my participation (on Faceless Void, no less). I wanted to scream out loud but I don't want to wake anyone in the house.

I did reinstall Dota 2. I'm rusty as fuck but fuck it! I'm having a blast.
Edit: I'm getting rape out there. Any advice to git gud? Who should I main?
I think you should focus on any heroes you find fun, I climbed through 2k on Bane of all heroes (hard support, no waveclear, no AoE). I think at low MMR the last thing people should be doing is tryharding by limiting themselves to 'meta heroes', unless they appeal to you.
Though Doom would be a pretty good choice, in lane he can rely on Devour because it gives both gold and HP regen, then you can buy items like phase/drums/blink/shivas/BKB through the game, and the only complex part of the hero is getting the most out of the ultimate.

Psquit

Arcane
The hardest part for me was getting good teammates. I do enjoy warlock, getting 5 golems by endgame is a powertrip.

Good teammates eh?+M

I just scraped through a win where we had a trilane with a pudge with the new cosmetics hanging back for fancy hooks instead of wading in and autoattacking. I fed a fair bit in a 3v2 lane because I was mentally locked onto the idea that he should be in melee as well to really press the numbers advantage. Meanwhile enemy Sven got uncontested freefarm while our offlaner was solo. We sort of lost 3 lanes, then almost all our rax. But the enemy was too disorganized to even attack the last melee barracks together and they lost a game in which they'd had a 20k gold lead at 30 mins (5K MMR match btw :hahano:). Helped that by later on in the game we had a blink pudge to counter the sven's BKB, and he did get some good hooks eventually. Playing any kind of trilanemakes me feel nostalgic actually, so I didn't even complain. I probably should've been more patient in lane.

Psquit

Arcane
Well i had the opposite. I dominated all lanes with brood mommy (21/4/10), meanwhile Our Pudge was a brainlet same with husktard. Thank god for witch doctor, ogre magi was okay. In the end we lost. Chaos knight to stronk.

Had a weird match in which our midlane Magnus kept going off to solo farm jungle or lane instead of being available to cast RP. Farming the safelane at 14 mins while the rest of us are trying to do the normal move into the enemy safelane. Fortunately Drow is a great pick against Pugna and AM, so we still did okay with retarded map movements and random feeding. After we feed diving past t2 as four while our drow is happily off jungling, the game is still even at 21 minutes.
The enemy take our mid t1, but get wiped at 23 mins and we poke at their mid t1, then their AM decides to blink forward before his team has respawned, he gets doomed and we take the rax and a t4 at 26 mins. Totally retarded game.
Then, of course, my team doesn't take rosh despite me suggesting it:argh::argh:Instead we lose the second rax fight at 28 mins to buybacks.

Then we respawn and... no, not rosh when we have a 15k gold lead at 30 mins after just failing hg because no aegis. No, our magnus has to farm on the other side of the map and start a 1v3 which he could've just run away from. 8 players die in the fight so it's a draw, THEN we take rosh and take 2nd rax.... unopposed because the enemy team is fighting our magnus on the other side of the map. WTF???

We lose the fight for the 3rd rax to their buybacks, but then MK dies solo trying to kill me while I'm dewarding north of rosh, miles from his team..... game over.

6 minute delay on taking rosh for no reason, how can people still forget it exists:argh::argh: Anyway I was a feeding lich and whining about rosh was probably my biggest contribution. https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/5594481265

Last edited:

LabRat

Learned
Windrunner arcana. Here are some pictures from /vg/
http://www.dota2.com/risinggale
mfpTwzP.jpg

OsxsmtC.png

h1UAERL.jpg

Last edited:

curry

Arcane
Well i had the opposite. I dominated all lanes with brood mommy (21/4/10), meanwhile Our Pudge was a brainlet same with husktard. Thank god for witch doctor, ogre magi was okay. In the end we lost. Chaos knight to stronk.

Brood is just garbage in pubs. Your random teammates won't know how to adapt to having Brood on their team. Also Pudge is one of the worst heroes right now with 44% winrate in the Immortal bracket.

Kind of looking forward to when the Battlepass is over, and I can get back to the daily competitive matches.
Right now I'm grinding levels in turbo

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
bout to fucking uninstall
5 games techies bnanned every damn game
stuck playing boring ass heroes

either that or I'll start spamming invoker as soft support
fuck gaben

The exact reason people like you exist, is why Techies is banned every game.
Nobody wants a greedy hero that drags games as long as possible without any late game potential.

TL;DR - Please uninstall.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
bout to fucking uninstall
5 games techies bnanned every damn game
stuck playing boring ass heroes

either that or I'll start spamming invoker as soft support
fuck gaben

The exact reason people like you exist, is why Techies is banned every game.
Nobody wants a greedy hero that drags games as long as possible without any late game potential.

TL;DR - Please uninstall.

Sincerely,

1k player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom