Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

POSTAL: Brain Damaged - a "Boomer Shooter" spin-off

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Developed by thier fellow Polish developers Hyperstrange (Elderborn) and, curiously, Creative Forge Games.

Well, I’ll be damned. POSTAL is now a Boomer Shooter?! POSTAL: Brain Damaged is a spin-off taking the most outrageous FPS series of all time into a different, skill-based, retro-shooter direction. The Dude’s about to deal some damage!

PBD_bonkbonk.gif

Long description:
One too many hits on the head. One too many hits off the pipe. One too many shootouts ending in carnage. And there we go - brain damage. That’s the only explanation for what’s happening to The POSTAL Dude. All of a sudden, he’s in an asylum full of freaks. The Big Bad Nurse has been handing out some really funky meds, turning the patients and the orderlies into lewd, blood-thirsty maniacs. Is this some crazy nightmare, or is it the twisted reality?

Become the Dude and shoot your way out of the loony bin. Too bad the world outside has gone just as crazy. You can’t trust your mind, you can’t trust your eyes, but there’s one beacon of stability you can always lean on. Good old violence.

POSTAL: Brain Damaged is a spin-off taking the most outrageous FPS series of all time into a different, skill-based, retro-shooter direction. Say goodbye to an open-world sandbox. Prepare for old-school, stage-based FPS action and cheesy one-liners!

Key features:
  • Classic, high-paced FPS gameplay with fluid movement
  • POSTAL's signature crude, dark humor, satire, and glorification of violence
  • Crazy-ass weaponry, power-ups, and props
  • Stage-based, old-school single-player shooter campaign
  • Plot twists!
  • Plot holes!
  • More glorification of violence

Last edited by a moderator:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, the game looks actually better than I expected, but CreativeForge as in the snakeoil salesmen that's using Phantom Doctrine's team name to publish a bunch of shovelwares? I hope RWS knows who they're working with.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Apocalypse Weekend was also a straight shooter and it was terrible so. :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
But how many of those are well-designed shooters, eh? Plenty of lousy Doom clones released in the 90s :M

garren

Arcane
Patron
I tried amid evil and dusk both but neither really clicked with me so I refunded, I dunno, they didn't feel quite "right" with me.

Ion fury also looked kinda cool but what I've seen the character is meh and her one liners suck so no thanks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

POSTAL: Brain Damaged is a spin-off taking the most outrageous FPS series of all time into a different, skill-based, retro-shooter direction. Say goodbye to an open-world sandbox. Prepare for old-school, stage-based FPS action and cheesy one-liners!

One too many hits on the head. One too many hits off the pipe. One too many shootouts ending in carnage. And there we go - brain damage. That’s the only explanation for what’s happening to The POSTAL Dude. All of a sudden, he’s in an asylum full of freaks. The Big Bad Nurse has been handing out some really funky meds, turning the patients and the orderlies into lewd, blood-thirsty maniacs. Is this some crazy nightmare, or is it the twisted reality?

Become the Dude and shoot your way out of the loony bin. Too bad the world outside has gone just as crazy. You can’t trust your mind, you can’t trust your eyes, but there’s one beacon of stability you can always lean on. Good old violence.

Key features:
■ Classic, high-paced FPS gameplay with fluid movement
■ POSTAL's signature crude, dark humor, satire, and glorification of violence
■ Crazy-ass weaponry, power-ups, and props
■ Stage-based, old-school single-player shooter campaign
■ Plot twists!
■ Plot holes!
■ More glorification of violence

randir14

Augur
For some reason they're using the voice actor from Postal 3 instead of Jon St. John who's doing Postal 4. I read that JSJ's been posting unhinged political rants on social media and blocking fans, maybe Running With Scissors is going to cut ties with him because of it.

Last edited:

schru

Arcane
The actor from Postal III works better as the Dude. John St. John doesn't feel right in the role at all.

lightbane

Arcane
I read that JSJ's been posting unhinged political rants on social media and blocking fans
To think he used to be Duke Nukem, and that he kept his political views for himself... :negative:

As for that Sponguebob meme, many of these retro-shooters are pure shit, like Strafe.

fork

Even the good ones, like Dusk*, are worse than many of the Doom clones from the 90s.

*which is actually the only one worth playing imo.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
For some reason they're using the voice actor from Postal 3 instead of Jon St. John who's doing Postal 4. I read that JSJ's been posting unhinged political rants on social media and blocking fans, maybe Running With Scissors is going to cut ties with him because of it.
I thought he sounded way better than in Postal 4 in this trailer. It is not as good as OG Postal 2 Dude but its a step up. If it is cuz of politics JSJ should post more vaxxing posts on Twitter. He posts a lot of dumb commie shit lol.

He also naziposts. Fucking commienazis.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
His twitter is pretty standard SJW fare, rants about people not wearing masks and the "January Insurrection".

randir14

Augur
I read that JSJ's been posting unhinged political rants on social media and blocking fans
To think he used to be Duke Nukem, and that he kept his political views for himself... :negative:

As for that Sponguebob meme, many of these retro-shooters are pure shit, like Strafe.

To his credit he at least refuses to make political statements in the Duke voice whenever people ask.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Stopped the video 19 seconds in. Postal 2 was never "so bad it's good", it's genuinely good. It's because of retards like shillmanlives, who keep ceaselessly regurgitating the "so bad it's good" line of bullshit, that we ended up with the atrociously awful Postal 4. Moronic youtube reviewers and streamers consider "so bad it's good" a badge of honor - after all, you can make teh funneh videos from low-effort crap, which brings in the views. RWS in turn probably figured "Hey, this will do! It's perfectly fine to release P4 in the sorry state it's in. After all, hurr hurr, it's Postal, it's supposed to be janky!"

toughasnails

Later on, when criticizing some of the game's bugs and junk, he even says something like "this is not like in Postal 4 where it's supposed to be buggy" which is p ridiculous. But at least his vid is good at displaying the combat and the environments.
I agree with you btw, I think I said as much in the Postal 4 thread. RWS going with "it's Postal, it's supposed to be bad" is both a disrespect for Postal 2 as well as something that can only be destructive for them in the long run.

Zlaja

Arcane
A Postal game that plays like Doom Eternal? No, thanks. Also, fuck people who use the term "boomer shooter". I'm so sick of that stupid term.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom