Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The Exoneration of Chris Avellone

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Hurt Feelings; MCA; Planescape: Torment

Back in June, terrible news hit the gaming community, when it turned out that the idol of RPG Codex users worldwide was, in fact, not gay.

This appalling truth surfaced when certain obnoxious twitter hags decided to dogpile Chris, throwing around accusations of salaciousness and indecency that looked suspicious at best to anyone with functioning cognitive abilities.

Unfortunately, MCA-senpai threw in the towel immediately in the face of this slander, but there were some who would not let the matter end that way. Among these individuals was RPG Codex community member David Cernat, who was conducting a thorough investigation into the case for long months, gathering evidence and intelligence, until he could finally distill all his autism into the following video:

I have no idea as to its content or whether it's even good, as the length is way too great for my limited attention span, but I nevertheless commend the effort that went into it, as well as the sentiment that brought it to life in general. An angry, long-winded reaction to having your favourite rock star thrown into the dirt for no good reason is something that I believe should be more widely promoted.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Tags: Chris Avellone; Hurt Feelings; MCA; Planescape: Torment

Back in June, terrible news hit the gaming community, when it turned out that the idol of RPG Codex users worldwide was, in fact, not gay.

This appalling truth surfaced when certain obnoxious twitter hags decided to dogpile Chris, throwing around accusations of salaciousness and indecency that looked suspicious at best to anyone with functioning cognitive abilities.

Unfortunately, MCA-senpai threw in the towel immediately in the face of this slander
So, does that mean he's a homosexual?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the fuck? Start of the video and these chicks are literally whoring themselves live on Twitter? And the guys are also live broadcasting themselves trying to get at these hoes? Is this normal, or is this just 2012 no one knows what the fuck they should and shouldn't be doing on Twitter?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regardless of the snide Codexian comments I actually watched the whole thing and think it was investigated quite thoroughly. The author here just uses their own words (or in this case mostly tweets) with little editorializing himself. It's worth a watch at least and wish other so-called journalists had done something similar.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
link this from the official Codex twitter account

His original tweet has already been retweeted, wouldn't this be redundant?

What the fuck? Start of the video and these chicks are literally whoring themselves live on Twitter? And the guys are also live broadcasting themselves trying to get at these hoes? Is this normal, or is this just 2012 no one knows what the fuck they should and shouldn't be doing on Twitter?

A lot of normies broadcast their entire lives on social media, yes. Basically
ah7ZgFl.jpg

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Someone please distill all the relevant information into a single post. Not watching a 50 minute video.

I will reward you with a "Thank You!" rating for your efforts.

There's a good writeup about the video here, written by a fellow codexer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stickless/..._avellones_sexual_assault_claims_against_him/

OK, that honestly didn't make things much clearer. I really haven't been following this, so I don't know what most of the original accusations were, or what evidence there was to support them.

Will someone please write up a 12-15 page account of this whole ordeal, including the original accusations, the evidence that supported those accusations, and the evidence against those accusations?

Also, please make sure it's double spaced and its citations are formatted according to APA 7th Edition Style guidelines.

If you do this, I will reward you with a "Thanks!" rating.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Who gives a fuck if some dude is gay or screwing furries or sucking donkey cock at a German sausage beer festival? Or none of that and living in a gaming monkery lashing himself for unclean thoughts? I don't think this even registered in my brain awareness who he was until now. I'll probably forget shortly.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Hats off to the person creating this. This is actually a pristine example of digging for the truth in our times, even if taking place in the limited space of gaming/cons. Also an example how fucked up people can become if they deny their past and only see their short-term "benefit". tbh such researches have much more relevance than most realize.
What a treat.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Video is well-researched and very informative. The guy who made it did a good job. It also caused me to lose faith in humanity just a little bit more than it was lost before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom