Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The Exoneration of Chris Avellone

David Cernat
You misused your autism.
Couldn't you do something more productive than "exonerating" a washed out old man (who has not delivered any decent cRPGS in decades) ?
Better make some mod in kangmaker or something and contribute positively to the cRPG genre instead of consecrating this false god (Arcanum wolves never forget!)

Last edited:
No way I'm gonna watch that video, but good job anyway.

This just comes to show that nerd conventions should be burned down. Why go to these places crawling with journalists, PR people and other worthless parasites like these w*men "developers" who never produced anything of value but somehow everyone has to pretend they're relevant? At least don't go there to get laid, Jesus Christ.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Just make sure each party's lawyers are present during any potential sexual encounter and we won't have these sorts of issues anymore.

Besides, I hear lawyers are the sort who like to watch anyway.

Murk

Arcane
Man, the dive into Karissa's constant 180's is quite illuminating. From begging god to kill her ex boyfriend's family to being a full on Birther during the Obama era. Now she's a radical leftist antifa supporter.

Also, holy shit that was a lot of drama regarding... cosplay?

Anyway, my deepest condolences to the next poor bastards she traps.

Having finished the video -- this was very well done. I don't know if making videos is your thing or not David Cernat but this flowed very well, you spoke clearly and at a good pace, and the claims were always backed up. Very noice.

grimace

Arcane

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
MCA's former employers should be made aware of this, and that they fucked up.
I don't think it matters.

Wokism is a religion and one that all its members understand requires human sacrifice.

I also not believe his bosses were that stupid to believe those accusations but this is not how witch hunt works, if they said its BS they would be next in line for pyre Comrade, the industry needs one bored contrarian billionaire who could back his words with enough lawyers and clout to fight of the ensuring industry and utilities boycott... or better yet lobby congress to pass the public carriege laws for internet, no great chance of that but one can always hope.

Thanks for your Journalist work Comrade David Cernat and double plus thanks for pushing this disgusting freak from the Codexia front page.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
MCA's former employers should be made aware of this, and that they fucked up.
I don't think it matters.

Wokism is a religion and one that all its members understand requires human sacrifice.

I also not believe his bosses were that stupid to believe those accusations but this is not how witch hunt works, if they said its BS they would be next in line for pyre Comrade, the industry needs one bored contrarian billionaire who could back his words with enough lawyers and clout to fight of the ensuring industry and utilities boycott... or better yet lobby congress to pass the public carriege laws for internet, no great chance of that but one can always hope.

Thanks for your Journalist work Comrade David Cernat and double plus thanks for pushing this disgusting freak from the Codexia front page.

The problem is less whether they personally believe the allegations and more whether they think it will damage their public relations.

Personally I think 99% of their playerbase wouldn't give a shit, but they worry that people won't buy games worked on by MCA because of the tainted reputation.

I wish corporations would have the balls to ignore these allegations and just let them die down, but that's CURRENT_YEAR for you.

Murk

Arcane
Someone please distill all the relevant information into a single post. Not watching a 50 minute video.

I will reward you with a "Thank You!" rating for your efforts.

There's a good writeup about the video here, written by a fellow codexer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stickless/..._avellones_sexual_assault_claims_against_him/

Thank you.

Where is this video mirrored? YouTube requires a sign in to view it.

You can watch it if you 'embed' it, though it will force a screen fit: https://www.youtube.com/embed/TV_xrEU5o2g

Just replace the 'watch?v=' portion with 'embed/' and it'll work.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
But it lays foundations for Chris to make a statement at some point.
He just has to sit with his lawyer, say "everything was consensual at the time, now sue me or retract your accusations and be sued".

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
MCA was in Adelaide in 2014 not 2013. I know because I met him so that accusation is wrong. I was to understand that was his first time in Adelaide. He was however at GCAP in Melbourne 2012 (there's footage that confirms this of the talk he did there). That person from Adelaide that accused him is likely lying because her dates don't match up. Plus I know people that were with him the entire weekend and they gave no indication anything bad happened beyond a hangover the following day.

After this mess MCA has convinced me the Don't Date Within the Industry rule has to be mandatory and not just something I made up lol.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
After this mess MCA has convinced me the Don't Date Within the Industry rule has to be mandatory and not just something I made up lol.
We still can do it with artists and programmers. Avoid PR and marketing people at all cost is my takeaway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom