Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The Exoneration of Chris Avellone

Absinthe

Arcane
David Cernat, I know that YouTube videos are vogue nowadays but you'd've done better to make a basic webpage with a write-up of your contents instead. Suffering through 50 minutes of video is not how I and many others prefer to get our information when we can probably just read all of that in under 20 minutes.

We still can do it with artists and programmers.
NOPE! trust me on this you don't even want that either. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Well now, you can't just end it there. May as well share the (anonymized) details. Just what sorts of thing have you seen that folks here wouldn't believe?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Just what sorts of thing have you seen that folks here wouldn't believe?
what I meant by that was "really you came in that you're braver than you look". Resulting in disputes between what people should be paid and who owns the actual game/business.
That sort of thing. I would also recommend not going into business with your spouse especially if she's a feminist and you're an alcoholic balding man with no talent beyond drinking and bar napkin ideas. Overall I've done well to avoid most of the vices people have in this business.

Cazzeris

Watched the whole thing :salute:

A complete, unbiased account of everything. Can't see how this could be contradicted, there just seems to be no solid evidence against this Italian rascal

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
After this mess MCA has convinced me the Don't Date Within the Industry rule has to be mandatory and not just something I made up lol.
We still can do it with artists and programmers. Avoid PR and marketing people at all cost is my takeaway.

Don't date within the workplace full stop. I've had dalliances with both marketing and HR girls at work, neither ended well.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
MCA was in Adelaide in 2014 not 2013. I know because I met him so that accusation is wrong. I was to understand that was his first time in Adelaide. He was however at GCAP in Melbourne 2012 (there's footage that confirms this of the talk he did there). That person from Adelaide that accused him is likely lying because her dates don't match up. Plus I know people that were with him the entire weekend and they gave no indication anything bad happened beyond a hangover the following day.

The accusation isn't from a woman from Adelaide, it's from a woman from Melbourne. The video goes over the fact that Chris wasn't in Australia in 2013.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The accusation isn't from a woman from Adelaide
The incident she referenced was in Adelaide though. I just wanted to provide my own experience of what happened when Avellone was in Adelaide so there's no confusion since I can confirm that from my own perspective. He did a panel with one of my friends (I spoke to him later and he said it was a highlight of his career to present along side MCA), I asked MCA a question about Kotor 2 at the panel, I went up to him after the panel we talked about ethics in the industry and the new job I was about to start, he signed my copy of Kotor 2. I know from another friend about the after party and saw his photos of it because its on his fb timeline. As far as I am aware nothing bad happened in Adelaide so he's cleared on that accusation.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
The incident she referenced was in Adelaide though. I just wanted to provide my own experience of what happened when Avellone was in Adelaide so there's no confusion since I can confirm that from my own perspective. He did a panel with one of my friends (I spoke to him later and he said it was a highlight of his career to present along side MCA), I asked MCA a question about Kotor 2 at the panel, I went up to him after the panel we talked about ethics in the industry and the new job I was about to start, he signed my copy of Kotor 2. I know from another friend about the after party and saw his photos of it because its on his fb timeline. As far as I am aware nothing bad happened in Adelaide so he's cleared on that accusation.

As it says in the Bloomberg article with her accusation:

Bloomberg article said:
Christy Dena, a video game designer, said she and Avellone had been friendly for years when they met up at a convention in Melbourne in 2013.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Alright my mistake then. So 2014 is incorrect. 2013 is incorrect. 2012 is likely where the incident occurred at GCAP Melbourne.
Some of the people at the Adelaide party were also at GCAP 2012 as this was a reason for MCA coming here because his friends were based in Adelaide (they are featured in the video).

grimace

Arcane
I don't know much about Vox Day but this guide is more important now than ever.

http://www.milobookclub.com/mart/SJW_Attack_Survival_Guide.pdf

3. Do not apologize.

The third thing to remember when undergoing an SJW-attack is to never apologize for anything you have done. I repeat: do not apologize. Do not say you are sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt, do not express regret, remorse, or contrition, do not say anything that can be taken as an apology in any way. Just in case I am not being sufficiently clear, do not apologize!

Normal people seek apologies because they want to know that you feel bad about what you have done and that you will at least attempt to avoid doing it again in the future. When SJWs push you for an apology after pointing-and-shrieking at you, what they are seeking is a confession to bolster their indictment.

They are like the police down at the station with a suspect in the interrogation room, badgering him to confess to the crime. And like all too many police these days, the SJWs don't really care if you did it or not, they're just looking for a confession that they can take to the prosecutor.

Be aware that once they have launched an attack on you, they will press you hard for an apology and repeatedly imply that if you will just apologize, all will be forgiven. Do not be fooled!

I have seen people fall for it time and time again, and the result is always the same. The SJWs are simply looking for a public confession that will confirm their accusations, give them PR cover, and provide them with the ammunition required to discredit and disemploy you. Apologizing will accomplish nothing more than hand them the very weapons they require to destroy you.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
They're probably more offended by the fact that MCA hasn't been castrated yet. I give him benefit of the doubt he at least has a right to tell his side of the story.
Seems like those friends I mentioned earlier threw him under the bus in June indirectly I feel bad for MCA because they didn't even have the respect to even talk to him about it they just immediately jumped on the bandwagon.
Let this be a lesson that there are no friendships or loyalties in this industry. Not even for the old guard. We live in dark times.

Avarize

Magister
We still can do it with artists and programmers. Avoid PR and marketing people at all cost is my takeaway.
Zoe Quinn is a programmer.
what I meant by that was "really you came in that you're braver than you look". Resulting in disputes between what people should be paid and who owns the actual game/business.
That sort of thing. I would also recommend not going into business with your spouse especially if she's a feminist and you're an alcoholic balding man with no talent beyond drinking and bar napkin ideas. Overall I've done well to avoid most of the vices people have in this business.
Don't marry a feminist in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom