Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In which video-game universe you want to live in?

• Thread starter Duralux for Durabux
  • Start date

Which universe?

• Total voters

Duralux for Durabux

I think it's an interesting question to ask. As a kid, I loved to imagine myself living in a video-game universe.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Slightly autistic premise but ok. Who doesn't love himself some escapism.
Most JRPG settings are comfy and definitly better than real life. If I don't get Shin Megami Tensei for Judeo-Christian hell I should be fine in any. If I had to pick one it would be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. In that world Judges exist, higher beings that govern the laws of warfare. If you abide by their laws you are effectively immortal, since they will safeguard your soul and revive your after combat. https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Judge_(Tactics_A2). Also Ivalice is one of the better Final Fantasy worlds in general, cool airships and nice scenery.
f3eaf225261498786d663a4a84a07b6fadc6b224.jpg

Also being a hero in a Dragon Quest game would be rad, those games are tailor made to be the perfect escapism fantasy.

As for WRPGs... well I can't think of a single one where you would want to live. If you roll low and become a normal commoner it's usually massive shit or just plain hell. Normal medieval live or dystopian corporate drone at best, which is both worse than present day life.
I guess Forgotten Realms is the best of the worst, since Weisman is a horny bastard? There would be a lot of elven sex on the swordcoast.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
>STALKER
>System Shock
>Bloodborne

Why yes I've always dreamed about being mutated into a shambling abomination in the eyes of god and man, lurching wild and free down labyrinthine corridors with my mutie brethren as we bear down on unwitting survivors.

But real-talk, Pokemon.

Duralux for Durabux

Remember that games mechanics do not apply to you in the universe, so choose the safest world.
Remember that in Pokemon, you can easilly be killed in ambush or in the wildeness. Even in cities, you can be killed or extorted.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Dead Space

Eh, but seriously, some 'verse like Metroid, where staying away from the big conflicts is easy, or something like DC, where super powers and resurrection are cheap.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
>STALKER
>System Shock
>Bloodborne

Why yes I've always dreamed about being mutated into a shambling abomination in the eyes of god and man, lurching wild and free down labyrinthine corridors with my mutie brethren as we bear down on unwitting survivors.
Well, for most slavs that would be an improvement!

Chk991

Novice
I say Medarot. I'd love living in a universe where you can have a robo partner to fight tournements with. In general as I grow older the idea of a world like Pokemon or Medabot where I can make a living going on an adventure sounds to me like the perfect world.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
GTA Vice City - It's a modern setting, similarly to ours but it would take me back to the days of the 80s, which was a blast. Imagine watching Miami Vice again, with its first run, or play the new games. Also living before the SJW scourge in Miami.

If not that, Pokemon seems a calm, advanced world. Although the animal abuse called Pokemon Tournament should be abolished.

Most other settings on the list are either medieval fantasy settings, where people die because of monster attacks/bad higene/lack of medical advancements or futuristig settings where you live in a post apocaliptic/cyberpunk hellhole. No thank you.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I hated the game, but Final Fantasy VIII has some of the coziest towns ever.

I want to double fist this, once for dunking on the steaming pile of shit that is FFVIII, once for praising PS 1 Era squares gorgeous prerendered backgrounds.

Something Else

Educated
Your vision fades, the Clown World Inferno 2020 was just a dream. As you open your eyes you are face to face with a gigantic dong, the first of many, and you remember now that you're not a nerd but cute girl in what seems to be some pervert's terrible sexual fantasy. You're not sure what was worse, your dream, or this reality you have woken up to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom