Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The Exoneration of Chris Avellone

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Has MCA been seen since this started?

I thought the reputation was somewhat exaggerated. Like no sane people whatsoever over there ?
ResetEra is the internet equivalent of an insane asylum, where the inmates take turns gaslighting and mentally torturing one another. This fate is fitting, however, given that the users are by and large maladaptive millennials.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought the reputation was somewhat exaggerated. Like no sane people whatsoever over there ?

I've literally seen people applauded on ResetEra for saying that innocence and guilt is unimportant, only the narrative.

As in they only care about the "greater good" of removing white devs and writers from the pool.

They are not people you should make any effort to engage with.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
I wonder if I'm the first YouTuber who talks to a lawyer before replying to YouTube comments:

m74khzV.png

(Of course, it helps that the lawyer is one of my best friends and a huge fan of KOTOR 2.)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
This is how the movie ends except instead of "bloody bastards" I want you to imagine me saying "fukking millennials"

Why did you pick this thread for this, though? This is the thread where the millennials finally did something good.

Reading the account of their drunken debauchery and the utter meaningless of their lives from day to day made me want to weld the hatch shut from the inside.

Just the fact they made such a casual accusation against a person shows how utterly amoral and completely devoid of any principles they really are.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
Reading the account of their drunken debauchery and the utter meaningless of their lives from day to day made me want to weld the hatch shut from the inside.

Just the fact they made such a casual accusation against a person shows how utterly amoral and completely devoid of any principles they really are.

Oh, I get it. Instead of millennials, you mean millennial women.

It's like the difference between "cancer" and "terminal cancer."

Last edited by a moderator:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
6tJkBoS.jpg

The reverse is obviously true, and anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth taking seriously in discussions on art or creation in general. That includes MCA regardless of your fanboi-swooning

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
6tJkBoS.jpg

The reverse is obviously true, and anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth taking seriously in discussions on art or creation in general. That includes MCA regardless of your fanboi-swooning

You're judging his person, there.
Such recursivity.

(I agree)

Women truly have no idea of consequences both within and outside of themselves. I'm just a mean old volcel who just went through a messy divorce so ignore my biased opinion. But women are woefully unaware of just how fucked all Womenkind's job prospects will be once the SJW fad has ended (It is literally happening right now all around me to old work colleagues because of Kung Flu). Every single male driven business outside of California is going to say "If I hire any women, even if I specifically go out of my way to hire ugly but talented ones in my industry. I will probably get a false accusation. So I will hire exclusively men from now on and just deal with Vice calling me a sexist as I actually make money for a change."

Personally I'm happy to see an excuse to tell them all to take a long walk off a short pier, as a former dev I have never met a women in the gaming industry with equal or superior talent or interest in the field to a male equivalent employee. But back in my day the women all worked in HR and laughed at how ugly the programmers and designers were behind their back. But never mind me. I'm just a nearly 60 year old bitter old man who wants to watch the self immolation of women in person.

Women truly have no idea of consequences both within and outside of themselves. I'm just a mean old volcel who just went through a messy divorce so ignore my biased opinion. But women are woefully unaware of just how fucked all Womenkind's job prospects will be once the SJW fad has ended (It is literally happening right now all around me to old work colleagues because of Kung Flu). Every single male driven business outside of California is going to say "If I hire any women, even if I specifically go out of my way to hire ugly but talented ones in my industry. I will probably get a false accusation. So I will hire exclusively men from now on and just deal with Vice calling me a sexist as I actually make money for a change."

Personally I'm happy to see an excuse to tell them all to take a long walk off a short pier, as a former dev I have never met a women in the gaming industry with equal or superior talent or interest in the field to a male equivalent employee. But back in my day the women all worked in HR and laughed at how ugly the programmers and designers were behind their back. But never mind me. I'm just a nearly 60 year old bitter old man who wants to watch the self immolation of women in person.

Do your part. Do it well.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
6tJkBoS.jpg

The character of the person has a relation to the quality of the work in my view in that a noble work of art can only be the product of a noble soul. Which is not to say great artists cannot have flaws. We all have flaws and faults, it's part of the human condition, but IMHO a vile individual can only produce vile works, no matter how skilled or clever he may be, but that's also neither here nor there in a way for very few people are truly vile as much as very few people are truly without faults.

With that said, you cannot judge the quality of a work of art based on an assessment of the character of the artist. The work of art has to be judged on its own terms, it's just that if the work is truly great, than the possibility of the artist being a truly vile individual is just not there. Beethoven was a very flawed individual, with many character flaws, including a violent temper and an extremely stubborn and obtuse personality (to wit: his battle to win custody over his nephew and his attempt to force him into a musical career the nephew wasn't suited for, with the nephew attempting suicide to escape the clutches of his overbearing uncle, after which Beethoven had to relent). With that said, could a truly vile individual write something like this?

I just don't think it is possible.

When people talk about the character of the person tainting their work they probably have people like Polanski in mind, but honestly, every movie i've seen of his was centered on some weird psychological horror. There's certainly indications of a tainted soul even in the works he made, which, however clever they may be, they are certainly disturbing. That goes for a lot of modern artists. And has for Avellone, his works are so childish in a way i think he is probably something of an overgrown child himself, and that his mea culpa performances are intended to signal that he is in fact an harmless individual, but that just makes him even more of a target for him bearing his heart out means nothing to the heartless.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I started watching....then I saw Billy Idol recommendation and got some nostalgia for 80's New Wave instead.

Anyway Great Job David, while I always knew MCA was a cuck innocent, this work may help in some way to get this out to the fence sitters and doubters and more importantly, guys in the industry who may watch it and see that there isn't the need to fear the stigma of giving Chris a go again.

:drink::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Wait, Cleve built a second bunker?

Cleve is a destitute divorcee with a 6 hour commute in one direction.

What do you think?

Technically, at present it is a small root cellar on a remote piece of land. The infrastructure of the shelter is sitting out behind a scrapyard with employees using it as an outdoor latrine. No, no shelter per se. Bugout location, yes. A fine one in fact with a mine on the property in case of fallout. but not the luxuriant splendor I am used to in my underground facilities. I would have posted video of it but it is likely the autists on the internet would have figured out where it was in no time. I am still a thousand times better prepared to last through an extended ITZ than the average person would believe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom