Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Legendary Journeys - a new open world blobber - now available on Early Access

Kevin French

Blind Monkey Games
Developer
Grauken Hey, no problem. I am pretty particular when it comes to early access titles as well. This was an announcement for those that are interested and to let everyone know where the development progress is currently. Thanks for your honesty, though!

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I've never purchased an early access game. But this looks way too much like Wizardry 8 for me to pass up. It's on my wishlist, and I'm looking forward to Sep 6.

Skdursh

Savant
Incredibly generic name but the screenies and video make this look based enough to make a nibba nut. I might buy. Anyone have a firsthand account of this yet?

Kevin French

Blind Monkey Games
Developer
Thanks for the support! Wishlist or purchase - really appreciate it. I hope the game will meet your expectations

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Ok, so I fired it up, roamed around and took on a quest for the local healer. I can see some progress in little details but I feel this game still has a ways to go.

1. Tooltips would be amazing when hovering over the icons. It feels weird they aren't there.

2. There's no option to sneak or run. In MM6-8, I ran most of the time through the map. Here, it's not even an option. Just the same steady pace, regardless of what's happening.

3. In combat, it's impossible to know which enemy is attacking you. You can come across three spiders, labeled Spider A, B, and C. Yet hovering over the monster won't show which is which. There's also a real lack of sounds when getting hit.

4. The resolutions looks strange when conversing with NPC'S. They don't scale correctly, and the portraits and backgrounds get really blurry when you enter in conversation.

Those are just some observations in my limited time. I'm going to shelve this for a while. There's a lot of love being put into this game, but it has a while still.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently this got released today: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1400260/view/3811794273448350342

Release - 1.0.0 Notes

Developer Notes

Exit from Early Access! It's been a long journey to reach this milestone. One, that took longer than originally anticipated.
The main quest can be completed. All side quests can be completed. The game is feature complete.
Does this mean the game is bug free? Probably not. I'm sure there is still some obscure bug hiding to make my life miserable :)
Never the less, I'll still update as those are reported. As for now, I'm going to take some time away to enjoy the upcoming holidays and play a few games from
my giant backlog of games that I've ignored while working on Legendary Journeys. Is there a sequel in the works? Not right now. However, I have a few ideas jotted
down and plenty of notes taken from the players that could be used in a sequel.

NOTE: There isn't a release discount because I wish to participate in the annual Winter sale. It will be 50% off during that time!
  • New - Increased font size where possible
  • New - Increased window size where possible
  • New - Adjusted screen elements to fit within the SteamDeck resolution where needed
  • New - PDF manual updated

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Apparently this got released today: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1400260/view/3811794273448350342

Release - 1.0.0 Notes

Developer Notes

Exit from Early Access! It's been a long journey to reach this milestone. One, that took longer than originally anticipated.
The main quest can be completed. All side quests can be completed. The game is feature complete.
Does this mean the game is bug free? Probably not. I'm sure there is still some obscure bug hiding to make my life miserable :)
Never the less, I'll still update as those are reported. As for now, I'm going to take some time away to enjoy the upcoming holidays and play a few games from
my giant backlog of games that I've ignored while working on Legendary Journeys. Is there a sequel in the works? Not right now. However, I have a few ideas jotted
down and plenty of notes taken from the players that could be used in a sequel.

NOTE: There isn't a release discount because I wish to participate in the annual Winter sale. It will be 50% off during that time!
  • New - Increased font size where possible
  • New - Increased window size where possible
  • New - Adjusted screen elements to fit within the SteamDeck resolution where needed
  • New - PDF manual updated
This wasn't even close to ready a handful of months ago. Be interested to see other's feedback on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom