Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Checked all those vendors you mentioned and found nothing. Maybe it's random? No reliable way to get mods sounds like a bad design choices.

Now that's REALLY strange. Like I wrote, I already could buy the Frost damage mod on my 1st visit in Colorado Springs, right after the prologue.

IDK then. Maybe some of the travelling merchants could have it?

jackofshadows

Magister
Only one Fire damage mod in the game? :rage:
With this system it's really hard to say which is random depended and which is not based on one playthrough. So, maybe I got unlucky, who knows (I had 3 or 4 miniguns at the end by the way) but I tried to buy promising wep modes just in case during the whole game.
I know 7 AP is a lot. But you can fire that one + Suppressive Fire for 5 AP (preferably after Demoralizing enemies). Or, if the situation permits, that plus the Flamethrower attack.
Yes but we don't take positioning into account plus supressive fire has a small cooldown iirc. Idk, looks not reliable and effective enough to me. Basically, any non-strike AoE feels pathetic on SJ except for jackhammer (that's why I said it's begging for a nerf) and rocket/grenade crits ofc.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Negative stuff:

- There are some really questionable design decisions, especially the removal of initiative
what is up with nu designers, even indie ones, and their vendetta on initiative.

still I wanna try the game cause Sea worked on levels for it or something and his dao mod had good c&c.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Checked all those vendors you mentioned and found nothing. Maybe it's random? No reliable way to get mods sounds like a bad design choices.

Now that's REALLY strange. Like I wrote, I already could buy the Frost damage mod on my 1st visit in Colorado Springs, right after the prologue.

IDK then. Maybe some of the travelling merchants could have it?

the vendor at the HQ restock several times already so maybe the mods changed? But the merchant at Colorado spring didn't sell mods that changes weapon damage type and as far as I can tell she didn't restock.

jackofshadows

Magister
Who else is bringing Major Tomcat to the endgame?
Who doesn't? That fucking creature is immortal.
Individual ini too confusing. Harder to process. Consoles too important.
The very recent XCOM Chimera has individual initiative unlike previous games in the series and it looks like has been made even for a mobile devices. I beleive its audience was ok with that.

jackofshadows

Magister
I don't see why not. Gameplay wise these two games have quite close resemblance. Chimera is woke beyond belief, sure, but that's not exactly relevant imo. Not sure what's so prestigious about WL3 either, it's distributing via Game Pass i.e. very broadly. And yet WL3 has group initiative just like D:OS/nuXCOM while Chimera did a progressive step in regards of initiative.

I'm beginning to suspect this gentleman may be bugged:

C3Q0Zqc.png

I think he was first and I swapped him out briefly to do some weapon modding

details are fuzzy as I was rather intoxicated, thankfully I had a save almost immediately prior. Sadly I can't for the life of me remember where I picked up the power armor chest afterward.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Late game seems very rushed and lack of content. Or there are some problem with weapon and armour design.

After I arrest victory, I can buy tier 5 weapon and amour at HQ. And one talk with Angela later I can now buy tier 6 weapon and amour at HQ. It's only 20 minutes apart, there wasn't any meaningful content between them.

Takamori

Learned
Late game seems very rushed and lack of content. Or there are some problem with weapon and armour design.

After I arrest victory, I can buy tier 5 weapon and amour at HQ. And one talk with Angela later I can now buy tier 6 weapon and amour at HQ. It's only 20 minutes apart, there wasn't any meaningful content between them.
I agree, in my last game I decided to do the coup with Angela, I picked the Nuclear Power Armor and I didn't even had the chance to use it. Went there told the Patriarch to fuck off and the end.

guestposting

Educated
According to Beekers, there’s a hard to get ending where Angela’s coup actually works out well. You need the Marshals and the Hundred Families to love you.

vmar

Savant
Can't remember the last time I finished a game then immediately started up another playthrough. I haven't really been sucked in by a game like this in some time. Definitely my goty and I'm excited to see what changes when different decisions are made.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Wierd all my chars already had level 7 or the unique level 10 weapons when I reached Yuma. They are just all hidden.

Also there is a lot of cut content even whole factions that might return as DLC.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Is there any way to get more nuke ammo? Or it's entirely random and you need to rely on your luck?

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Theoretically, Powder Packer should work. I think that it can be very beneficial to learn Powder Packer for everyone in the squad (after Bizarre - you get a +1 Weapon Modding item there) and to use that extra ammo to grind a bit in the wastes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom