Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
2 and a half grand, worth it?

edit

Yeah, fakk it, all money gone but this is an endgame dudebro. And since arena is basically free fucking money (800 each for 3 snakes, 3 hyenas, 2 nomads lol).

I mean there is a gladiator for literally over 9000! 62 melee attack, no stars lol and 35 resolve wtf.
Gee, his 155 armor and 200 helmet are sooo worth it!

If he gets good mdef rolls, use him as a dodge/nimble duelist. He'll have great melee attack

Murk

Arcane
Rounds swing is often not usable, rarely hits close to it's full potential and has low hit chance. Split is the only attack that lets you reach the enemy backline. Split is also great against the front line from the flank.

Reap is great for taking out backlines if you're willing to put yourself on the front line (rotate helps).

Alpharius

Scholar
Yeah, fakk it, all money gone but this is an endgame dudebro. And since arena is basically free fucking money (800 each for 3 snakes, 3 hyenas, 2 nomads lol).
Arena fights get harder later on. Also took part in some kind of tournament once, it was 3 fights in a row vs the same 3(or 4, dont remember) bros with no possiblility of healing or repairing armor between the fights. The first one was some sepents or hyenas, then some iffrits and the last one: 3 brigand raiders, a hedge knight and a swordmaster. And i didn't bring any nets. :rage:

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
If you want to ensure that the enemy always comes to you, just put slings or bows in everyone's backpack. The AI will think you are massing archers on them and charge you.
Proofs. Its not in the script, that I see. Wont work for bows without ammo.

Arena fights get harder later on.
First 5 fights are free moneyz though. After 15 you'll see champs.
Every 5th fight you can win a piece of gladiator gear.

Random notes:
SurviveWithInjuryChance = 33 // actually super high
InitiativeAfterWaitMult = 0.75 // bullshit
MinDamageToApplyBleeding = 6 // tooltips on cleavers are lying, maybe
MoodChange <- {
BrotherDied = 0.25, // better to die in combat
BrotherDismissed = 0.5, // than dismiss without pay
VeteranDismissed = 1.0,
BattleWon = 0.35, // die in combat and win? -> profit!

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Also, the ambition to win a fight vs 12 enemies gives you an extra 150 rep for no reason lel.
Kill 16 slaves in uprising contract: 100 rep for ambition and 150 for the vs12 fight and 25 for the contract and 5 for won fight -> turbo profit!1

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
The Scavenger seems to be recovering about 1% of armor destroyed. So, 10 raiders in 100 mail will get you back 10 tools, or about 100 bucks... Need to fight 30 fights like that to get 3000 gold back.
rWIf6oC.png

EDIT
no, actually between 0.5 and 1 percent. So 7.5 tools for 1000 armor.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Why would anyone figiht ifrits? Those fuckers dont drop anything, except injuries for everyone...

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Why would anyone figiht ifrits? Those fuckers dont drop anything, except injuries for everyone...
if you've got it down to a method, it's easy enough to catch the flak with your shield boys and then go ham on the strays around your lines

then it's just fighting them for the same reason you'd fight any monster, the moneys and the alchemy economy

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Maybe if the fencer is a swordmaster with three starts in melee defense or something. Otherwise he'll get rekt after killing one gunner i imagine.

Having a bunch of long\cross bowmen and focusing down the gunners could work i guess, its just that they are not very effective against non-gunner eastern troops since they have some crazy ranged defense(possibly anticipation perk) and almost never get wounded due to nimble.

I've had like 4 bros with nimble or heavy armor and various two-handed weapons, one dude with a whip, my own gunner, a sergeant, swordlancer + 4 shield bros with flails mostly (nomads and eastern city troops constantly drop three-headed flails). Mostly level 6-7, level 9-11 for twohanders.

With dodge, fencers have a very good defense on turn 1/2, i don't remember any ranged enemy ever attacking them as long as they're not wounded.
Of course, their third most important stat if mdef, after attack/ini and with a decent amount of HP.

overtenemy

Augur
When you target an alp with a ranged weapon it doesn't tell you about any maluses like it used to, but arrows don't do shit to them. Throwing axes do full damage though, just like skellingtons. Unclear why this is the case but be advised.

Qatal seems powerful but I'm unconvinced a little, especially on Viper. You need to take duelist for it, which you could replace with backstabber and get straight to puncturing with a rondel, without any setup required. On Viper in particular, if you build him as a two hander and he gets a kill, he can attack move attack, or even more hilariously, if he gets two kills with a swing or split he can RECOVER. That's god tier right there. Dagger sort of feels wasteful somehow. I got an undead invasion second crisis and switched him to 2h mace just for ancients and it was so effective I almost didn't go back to the weapon he was specialized in.

I can't claim I've tried them yet but with the alchemist retinue dude it has occurred to me that beast slayers may not be complete dogshit anymore. The additional $$$ trophies from beasts are neat too. Do they have a chance to get extras on those?

also

JJbyH99.jpg

smugface

Andronovo

Learned
So far my largest complaint about the core gameplay, is the stupid amount of opportunity acts you get when someone tries to take a single step. It means that, very much unlike real medieval combat, once you're in the melee you either win or you die. Fleeing means death 95% of the time. You would think people in universe would know that and never try to flee. Is there a mod that limits opportunity attacks to one per person per turn?

Andronovo

Learned
In real combat i also meant that you won't be fighting undead, or monsters or have magic. Game is already unforgiving for fleeing bros and enemies and chances you wont made it are always high.

Wait... what? Are you disagreeing me or not?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Medieval combat is not about squabbles of dozen of men, and those in the first lines would either die or be taken capture, while those in the back will flee. Works here as well. There are skills for avoiding opportunity attacks and flee immediate danger.

Tigranes

Arcane
I find the realism argument meaningless here. For gameplay, it would be interesting to limit AOOs to one, but only if all the other skills were rebalanced. Spearwall wouldn't make any sense as is, and a lot of the skills like rotation/footwork would become 80% less useful as well.

Andronovo

Learned
...There are skills for avoiding opportunity attacks and flee immediate danger.

There's two of them, and one of them is useless because in any situation when you would use it, you're very unlikely to be able to because of the high fatigue cost. The other one requires you move someone else in harms way, so if you're planning to flee the whole field of battle, you're just exchanging one life for another.

I find the realism argument meaningless here. For gameplay, it would be interesting to limit AOOs to one, but only if all the other skills were rebalanced. Spearwall wouldn't make any sense as is, and a lot of the skills like rotation/footwork would become 80% less useful as well.

Fair enough, spearwall would obviously be excluded from this rule. You could also have a perk with a large fatigue cost that lets to enter a state, like spearwall or riposte, that gives you a whole lot of attacks against anyone who moves through you space.

A nice benefit of this is it would make acquiring armor easier, as there would be less need to fully encircle fleeing enemies before they get annihilated by four opportunity attacks from one person.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Its shit. Havent used it much though. Deathstrikes need a status effect to trigger and only do +33 dmg gee wee who gives a fuck.

Arena is for quick level ups xD
IXG1pqk.png

Have you guys discovered how absolutely batshit this is on a high init backliner?
biVFMIq.png

Thats a 100% complete disable at 3 tiles range!
With Backstabber working (I think), spec in Cleavers drops the fat cost below 1turn recovery and removes -15 acc.
That 2H Hammer wielding, scary as hell, Hedge Knight gets surrounded and FUKKED UP without even getting a strike in lul.
2H wielders are a specialty target for this cause they cant reequip and attack on the same turn.

Who would you take?
ryYywDF.png
puRwWEN.png

Basically, 90 fat is pretty bad, in armor that will dwindle to 60 vs 50 fat and 50 fat is like 10 attacks over 5 rounds and you are done...
The other guys has low init at 91, but everyone has low init in armor...
Im trending toward the 57* matt

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the 54matk on first look, I'd make a noble swordsdude most likely, or a 2hander given matk levels nicely (with a weapon to stack multiple reach advantage procs) if I already have enough dudes with a shield

nimble and light to make most of the low fatigue, which'd be bumped whenever a good lvlup comes in - enough initiative and even a star there to make dodge viable

mdef star beats 2 in rdef if he's frontline, he's already got some health and resolve going for him

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane

It's tedious enough to run after fleeing enemies so i absolutely disagree about reducing the number of AoO.
Footwork could use a little boost though, it costs too much fatigue.

Nice one, it's my third favorite 2H weapon after the 2H sword and the hammer, axe close fourth and flail last, although a good named item can jump to the first position regardless.

Tigranes

Arcane
...There are skills for avoiding opportunity attacks and flee immediate danger.

There's two of them, and one of them is useless because in any situation when you would use it, you're very unlikely to be able to because of the high fatigue cost. The other one requires you move someone else in harms way, so if you're planning to flee the whole field of battle, you're just exchanging one life for another.

Fair enough, spearwall would obviously be excluded from this rule. You could also have a perk with a large fatigue cost that lets to enter a state, like spearwall or riposte, that gives you a whole lot of attacks against anyone who moves through you space.

A nice benefit of this is it would make acquiring armor easier, as there would be less need to fully encircle fleeing enemies before they get annihilated by four opportunity attacks from one person.

I think you're severely downplaying rotation/footwork. Rotation in particular is widely considered top tier. In the current system, being able to make specific changes to an already engaged fight can make all the difference (though yes footwork cost is high).

You can save a bro from certain death by having rotation or footwork. You might have a dude surrounded on one flank, only for him to rotate in a two-hander who wide swings three of them dead. You can use footwork to reach that necromancer/witch in the back despite enemies getting in your way. And so on. Using rotation/footwork solely for a Full Retreat seems a very narrow use case.

Going to a single-AOO model should also mean modding in new skills, like a perk to let you AOO more often. I think it'd be a fun mod to have around, but I wouldn't champion it as the vanilla setting.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Whats the best tictacs to fight serpents at about level 5, 110 armor?
2h is not good.
In the arena, the best I found is giving them 4 tiles distance. Wait and they stop at 2 tiles, so you get 2 attacks on 1 of them.
But then you have to tank 3 attacks. They bite for 50-70 once and it hurts... There is a good chance they try to focus one guy too.
2 of their attacks land and thats easy at 40% and your guy is just praying for miracle.
High acc weaps work best, at least boar spear, scimitar, arming sword.

Any tricks?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
nets

I'd rather not deal with the frustration

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom