Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He’s smarter than he looks.
The last words of an American marine to a Việt Cộng soldier.

I don’t pay much attention to the companion interactions tbh. Jewb and the twins are best.
I do.

Jaethal is great in Varnhold Vanishing. She has quite an opinion on cyclops. And Amiri is very useful in all interactions with barbarians.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like TSS1/Feyspeakerx is strongest Val.

Barb10/Freebooter10 best Amiri for Pounce late (although maybe Barb2/Thug4/Freebooter14 to get res)

Bardx for Linzi although you can go melee or ranged. Ranged here to use Ring of Reckless Courage.

Harrim and Tristian probably just Cleric 20. Harrim tank with Shield, Tristian on Fauchard Enlarged.

Ekun Rx/Sacred Huntmaster8 for Domain abilities and Feat sharing with Okbo

Octavia probably just R1/Wiz9/AT10 but I like the R4 in melee with Mirror Image either from Sword Saint or Wiz/EK mashup. Could even just go R4/Wiz6/AT10 in melee or work in AD6 with Disarming Strike for more Feats/BAB.

Reg is fine ES20. I did make him a Mystic Theurge with Feyspeaker 4 once but you can’t Spellstrike with Druid spells even if they’re in your Magus spell book so that was disappointing.

MCs I’ve played Hospitaler, Ranged Slayer, Aldori Defender/Swordlord, Sensei, Archaeologist, and Grenadier.

Thank you. I will start new full playthrough to check if your team is smoother/more fun than one i had in my run. I used InEffect's guide.

Maybe i was wrong about, maybe i wasnt. So will play game to check myself.

So this team:
Val: TSS1/Freebooter
Linzi: Bardx
Tristian: Cleric
Ekun: Rx/SH
Octavia: R1/W9/AT10

MC grenadier or saint?
Take Jewb to replace someone from above and who?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I’d make Val a Feyspeaker (after you buy her Full Plate at lvl 1 and keep it on) so you have her Smilodon to help you through early levels. You can swap her in and out with Ekun after that. Freebooter wastes her best stats.

Amiri makes a much better Freebooter so you can use Freebooter’s Bane to keep her out of combat for a beat, then Charge. Combat Style Feats go well with two-handers and she has more WIS than Val.

Desiderius

Patron
Harrim is a much better Cleric for Troll Trouble since he gets a big bonus vs Trolls and being in melee puts his Archon’s Aura in range (owns Trolls). Tristian is more of a late bloomer.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I dont like Amiri, any other companions are good for Freebooter?

With what team you do do Act 1? You know that to get Harrim, you need go to tomb first.. (if you want to start with Val and Linzi).

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe Jaethal? I’ve used Harrim before. He’s a decent Freebooter.

Cleave and Charge are such a perfect fit for Freebooter (Bane is Move Action, those are Standard so can do in same turn) so you want a Two-hander with it. Could always use MC since you always want one in party.

Desiderius

Patron
I dont like Amiri, any other companions are good for Freebooter?

With what team you do do Act 1? You know that to get Harrim, you need go to tomb first.. (if you want to start with Val and Linzi).

I usually get to lvl 3 then Harrim but that is a tough fight. Bear easier to kill with Harrim. Tristian is fine for ch 1 if you can get him easier.

Desiderius

Patron
I have shots of Okbo as Black Dragon III and Transformed. It’s pretty funny.

Desiderius

Patron
Black Dragon III
How could you cast it on him? I thought it was a self-buff. Item of some sort?

CotW lets him wear belts, and there is a belt that lets you cast it.

Dragon Okbo.jpg

Dragon Okbo II.jpg

razvedchiki

Erudite
Do anyone know if i get items in main campaign from goblin: all of them, some of them (randomly chosen) or only those found myself in dungeon?

you get the battlemasters plate, lions claw falcata(+3 17-20 crit range), silvecoras bow, the diplomacy ring and 2-3 more items i dont remember ( prob a +5 oversized bastard sword among them).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/2889577613579100069

Update 2.1.2 – September 8, 2020
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Areas
  • Fixed the issues with the characters’ movement in Ravaged Capital — Entrance.
  • Fixed the issue when it was impossible to exit the Abandoned Keep after you completed the Betrayer's Flight quest.
  • Fixed the issue when Tristian was stuck at Candlemere Tower during the Betrayer's Flight quest.
  • The algorithm that determines the point to switch between locations has been changed and should now fix the error with exiting some zones.
Quests
  • Fixed the issue when it was impossible to complete the Nok-Nok and the Great Mother quest if you entered the Goblin Clearing without Nok-Nok.
  • Fredero Sinnet could die during the duel with Valerie. Resolution: fixed.
  • After the duel of Valerie and Fredero, Ekundayo’s wolf became uncontrollable. Resolution: fixed.
  • When talking to Ivar at the Lake Silverstep Village the second time, he could attack your character. Resolution: fixed.
Classes & Mechanics
  • When the character wielded nothing in the main hand and a weapon (or a shield with the Shield Bash feat) in the off-hand, the iterative attacks with the off-hand weapon didn’t occur. Resolution: fixed.
  • Resurrection and Raise Dead sometimes failed to work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Locket of Magic Missile Mastery didn’t work on the Force Missile ability. Resolution: fixed.
  • Confusion didn’t have any effect on enemies. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bardic Performance failed to switch to a new song as fast as it should. Resolution: fixed.
  • Lingering Performance allowed the character to gain benefits from multiple songs at the same time. Resolution: fixed.
  • Sensei Advice: Diamond Soul didn’t work. Resolution: fixed.
  • Draconic Mettle, which belongs to the monk's Scaled Fist archetype, had no bonuses against fear effects. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some Blindness effects lacked descriptions. Resolution: fixed.
  • Weapon enhancements of magi and paladins had no visual effect on characters. Resolution: fixed. Now the weapon enhancement duration is shown with a special effect.
  • The Wild Energies spell failure chance was affecting potions. Resolution: fixed. Potions are now safe to use.
  • Nereids' Beguiling Aura failed to provide immunity for 24 hours after a successful save. Resolution: fixed.
  • Charges from quivers were spent at a double rate. Resolution: fixed.
Turn-Based Mode
  • In the Stag Lord’s Fort, if the enemy ran to ring the bell, the enemy’s turn couldn’t end in turn-based mode.
  • In the PC version, you couldn’t switch actions in turn-based mode when you hovered your mouse over an enemy with an unused touch spell.
  • Full-round spells weren’t applied during the current turn if they were targeted outside their range, within a 5-foot step.
Miscellaneous
  • The character’s movement stopped before it should when the camera was centered on the active character and in some other cases.
  • Irrelevant messages were displayed in the log on mouse-hover over a trap by a character with a low Trickery skill level.
  • Fixed the character’s movement in the throne room when seated.
  • An animal companion wouldn’t get up after it fell in combat. Resolution: fixed.
  • An error during an attempt to save the game could corrupt the previous save. Resolution: fixed. Now the saving error does not affect the previous game save.
A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly.

Desiderius

Patron
I’ll post when I get home.

Here's Linzi as Freebooter (MC Sensei):

Amiri level 2.jpg

Good all purpose spell for Bard Linzi once she hits level 4 (Harrim's Touch of Chaos makes mobs have to save twice against it:

Cacophonus Hargulka.jpg

Stunning Barrier is another very nice tool against big Trolls. It stays on until it Stuns something. Very good action economy and Stun leaves even the baddest mob a sitting duck (combat log is bugged but Hargulka got stunned by it). Extended version stuns twice as long.

Unfortunately Harrim paid with his life.
Stunning Barrier for the win.jpg

Harrim's Touch of Chaos

BadTouchBear.jpg

Studied Target was triggering multiple times in UI but not in game.

Cleavebooter Amiri teaming up with Harrim's Archon's Aura:

Archon's Aura hitting all the Trolls.jpg

Linzi's Fascinate is also pretty dominant once you hit lvl 6:
Troll Fascinate.jpg

Kanerah is pretty solid as well as long as you have someone who can cover Trickery
Early Kanerah.jpg

Just some random early game shots. You don't really hit your stride until level five.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom