Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lingering Performance allowed the character to gain benefits from multiple songs at the same time. Resolution: fixed.
9bb5a74f3ca4bbf084d8ea99d3924b42.jpg

Hello-Darkness-Affleck.jpg

tenor.gif

fcdad4b321b453a82ee8c26b21ba268a.jpg

I’d stopped using it anyway due to the other bug they just fixed making it take forever to switch songs. This will make Bard play much smoother and the other Bard archetypes more competitive since Dirge will be worse.

Desiderius

Patron
Another Standard Action that goes well with Freebooter is the Vital Strike line now that it is a Standard action. Haplo has gotten over 1,000 damage on one hit with it.

I forgot I had a playthrough with a Cleavebooter MC. Not all of these MCs made it through the whole game obviously. Some were just respec tests with a late save. This is one is I played all the way to Pitax I think.

Booter11crit.jpg

Shake It Off is a must have feat. Here is Harrim as Monster Tactician so all his summons have it too, and they last min/lvl.
Shake it off.jpg

Parry from Duelist 2 is another way to stop crits from hitting you:
Successful Parry.jpg

Here Harrim Freebooter is using Combat Style Feats (only way for him to get two-weapon fighting with his low DEX) to use the Double Weapon he gets as his final Companion quest reward:
Harrim's Urgrosh.jpg

Val was Bard so Linzi went Thug4/Bard6/AD6. Octavia fighting ranged two weapons:
Octavia axe.jpg

As Whisper said have to watch out for those archers. So do the bad guys. Slayer MC with Bow (Inspiring Command is Nobility Domain ability from Ekun)
Sniper on Monarch.jpg

In the process of burning down Captor and Captive. Stupidly chose the wrong one first so rest of party froze to death.

RingofLuck.jpg

Alternatively you can duel wield shitty weapons:
JavDualWield.jpg

Slayer MC Slaying.jpg

Strength drain is from Crippling Strike. Now that Dispelling Strike is working imagine getting that many Dispels.

As I think Whisper mentioned, the power of ranged toons is all the full attax they get since they don't have to move. Two-weapon Slayer maximizes that with Studied Target and Sneaks.

I ended up respeccing this character as an Eldritch Scoundrel once I got the +4 Sacred DEX Bow and discovered that Dispelling Strike was bugged. That lets you add Hurricane Bow and Vitals while covering most Arcane Casting needs and Trickery. But Straight Slayer does just fine too.

Yosharian

Arcane
Interesting that they choose to fix some bugs but leave others untouched. Being unable to stack Inspire Heroics and Inspire Courage is a massive nerf to Bards, anyway.

Desiderius

Patron
I’ll post when I get home.

Ok, interesting to see it.

What should be stat distribution, for example.

Really DEX is the only must have. I blew my Combat Style Feats on Two-weapon Style but no reason to do so since you'll have plenty of DEX. Maybe go Menace to get Shatter and Dreadful Carnage with no prereqs.

I don't dump stats anyway but each stat chips in a little here and there. Trapfinding gives you a ton of Perception so take a little WIS, MC wants some Persuasion (also for Dreadful), need enough INT for some skills since you can cover Trickery. STR gives you a little extra damage on Bows and Javs. CON at 12 so you don't get fatigued travelling.

Biggest decision is if you want to go two-weapon or bow. Unfortunately two-weapon isn't supported very well item-wise. There is a +2 Shock Jav in level 3 of Depths that you can get early.

Desiderius

Patron
Interesting that they choose to fix some bugs but leave others untouched. Being unable to stack Inspire Heroics and Inspire Courage is a massive nerf to Bards, anyway.

I never was able to do that. I could only stack a buff song with a debuff song.

It was always pretty clunky to activate mid-combat. You could let Dirge Linger to start battle with Courage up though.

Desiderius

Patron

Which ones are still there?

Only one I can think of is Endurance still not boosting Athletics.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I guess things like monk wis bonus working with shield, Crane Wing+ working with offhand busy, Magic Vestment spell and a few others, I'm sure.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean long-standing bugs.

Not that I've run into any new ones, but obviously people are having issues with the console or whatever.

Desiderius

Patron
Hap, I need you to build a busted Cleavebooter MC for Whisper here.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
...plus Sneak damage dice on each ray. Or each damage part of a spell (for example Ice Storm/Vulcanic Eruption).

Desiderius

Patron
...plus Sneak damage dice on each ray. Or each damage part of a spell (for example Ice Storm/Vulcanic Eruption).

You need that chip damage on each Ray just to compete. That one is working as intended.

Yosharian

Arcane
Well just as an example, there is the bug on which my MC build is based which is that Pummeling Style works with weapons. Perhaps not so well-known, or maybe it's that the underlying code is unfixable, or effectively unfixable.

Another example would be situations where the player activates abilities via the hotbar and nothing happens (Bard songs, etc).

Desiderius

Patron
You just want to hog all that chip damage for yourself.

First Fatecrit.jpg

If you get it ten times a turn, why shouldn't a Wiz get it three?

Faterender midcombat.jpg

Fulllength Barbie.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
I don't see him at all. He was asking about Faterender so I made a build to test it, and it was a half-orc so I didn't need to burn a Feat on Exotic Proficiency.

If I have to look at a half-orc, I'm choosing the human half.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Starting new run, will share impressions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom