Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The Lone Knight for HoMM 3.

Someone thinks I'm a real sucker.
bNQEVWz.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
zulaz4E.jpg

Really? Let's try with the Armour of the Damned (auto-casts even in anti-magic zones) first:
kmwGZgw.jpg

And without that damned armour:
kaLpeKh.jpg

Not sure if the map maker was serious or just goading.

Beowulf

Arcane
Metro: Last Light Redux

metro2020-07-3119-38-jkksa.jpg

[...]

It's a pity that it really is just a theme park static decorations. All those set pieces made the world even less believable for me. But they sure do look on the screenshots, or as couple seconds long snippets in trailers.
While the first game was ok for an on rails corridor shooter. Last Light, while beautiful, bored me to death and I eventually dropped it after 4-5 hours of repetitive gameplay.

Did you manage to finish it?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I enjoyed Metro 2033, and Last Light was no different. Sure, it's not Stalker when it comes to the size of the game world and freedom, but most older FPS-es were linear as well. It doesn't mean they are worse. Metro is a set of great pieces similar to Half Life or Sin, and 4A Games are good at this. I heard that Metro Exodus is more opened, but still not a full fledged sandbox yet.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mordheim. Giving the chaos cultists a go, never tried them before. Mutation is fun, at least when it's not growing a club arm on my star archer, preventing him from using bows. :argh:

mordheim2020-09-1013-69kgk.png

As we know, people who say the RNG is rigged are always and without fail incurable morons.
mordheim2020-09-1013-4ek27.png

But it's rigged I tell you, rigged! :argh:

mordheim2020-09-1014-f3kml.png

:argh:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
F7jtMX3.jpg

Ah, shit, here we go again. Flying school here we come.

Fly under the bridge with almost empty fuel tank.
Done worse than that.

Somewhat better than Xenus 2. Still messy and buggy despite patches.
But the worst one? You can't put main source of healing - donuts - into quick slot wait you can now? I tried that and it didn't work. Weird. (and syrgines gets worse due to meds dependence) and getting shot lowers mouse sensitivity significantly. Meanwhile your enemies rolls, strafe, jumps and who-know-what else.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Wizardry: The First Episode - Suffering of the Queen

Gameboy game that feels closest to Wizardry 5 (with more extreme stats ranges, up to 25), but easier (so far, at least) and without the quirky Bradley humour and puzzles.

But the Japanese are sticklers for tradition:
vinBrOh.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wizardry: The First Episode - Suffering of the Queen

Gameboy game that feels closest to Wizardry 5 (with more extreme stats ranges, up to 25), but easier (so far, at least) and without the quirky Bradley humour and puzzles.

But the Japanese are sticklers for tradition:
vinBrOh.png

You plan to play through the whole thing? If so, make a thread and I join so we can do it like a game club

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
You plan to play through the whole thing? If so, make a thread and I join so we can do it like a game club

You mean the whole series?
Probably, but not in a row. Not sure how feasible transfering characters is, though.
Will definitely finish this one, and I have already finished Gaiden IV.

Anyway, the game already has a thread we can use.

Sounds good. Yeah, I meant just the first one, most of them are very alike and it's easy to burn out if you would play them in a row.

JDR13

Arcane

I enjoyed Metro 2033, and Last Light was no different. Sure, it's not Stalker when it comes to the size of the game world and freedom, but most older FPS-es were linear as well. It doesn't mean they are worse. Metro is a set of great pieces similar to Half Life or Sin, and 4A Games are good at this. I heard that Metro Exodus is more opened, but still not a full fledged sandbox yet.

I enjoyed all the Metro games, although Last Light is my least favorite. I thought Exodus was really good, and you should definitely check it out if you liked the first two games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom