Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Underhive Wars - tactical RPG from Mordheim devs

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
mixed on steam. As expected

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Holy shit this is incredibly bad. I did not believe the hype that much, since a lot of Flak came from people who obviously never played Mordheim. I am sorry, this game is repulsive.
Apart from the game looking like shit in comparison to Mordhau, the UI is also absolute ass. The worst offense for me was the removal of the movement circle. Mordheim had a perfect system that made it trivial to see how much you can move, and never led to wasted movement. It felt incredibly satisfying. Here it is just shite.
Now I thought myself if the campaign does not have any rpg elements I can just skip it and start with my own Gang. Half of the visual customisation options are locked until you complete the campaign?!?!?! Fuck off, I don't want to play your shitty butchered campaign, but if you are gonna rub it in my face that I have to play it while keeping anything from the fun parts of the game from me until I do, you can go fuck yourself. I would have refunded for this alone.
Also the framerate is abysmal and the game wanted Firewall access when starting the goddamn single player campaigns? What? And then it almost crashed when I refused? What even is this shit, this feels like a god damn Free 2 Play game outsourced to a Chinese child labour sweatshop, not a game made by the Mordheim devs. Refunded and currently reinstalling Mordheim. What a bloody disapointment.

Jinn

Arcane
Refunded and currently reinstalling Mordheim. What a bloody disapointment.

Make sure to leave a negative review while you're at it. They must not get away with this! Whether it's Focus Entertainment, or Rogue Factor, or both.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
i already refunded but i dont think the game is as shit as the poster above me wrote:i think its mordheim all over again. some great ideas, many good things .... and a shitload of bad ideas, bugs and bad AI to drag it all down.

if this was their first game i d be more forgiving (as with mordheim) but now its bloody obvious that this studio may have some talent, but they also have a bunch of utter morons ... and apparently the later remain in charge.

Mordheim had the potential to become something great with good post launch support and DLC .... but it never did. Instead you got lame DLC that you might as well call cosmetic DLC because other than new models (and a bunch of new skills to be fair) you didnt get much: no new mechanics, no new maps, no nothing but the lowest effort way to introduce a new faction.
you know in nuXCOM you have single modders making more new content in a couple of weeks and release it for free opposed to what rogue factor sold.

mark my words (though i hope i m wrong) but i can alread smell the "Van Saar DLC" in a couple of months, costing $10-15 and offering nothing more than a much of new models and maybe a handfull of new weapons/skills.

its really sad because with proper support the game COULD be great - i like a lot of things about both mordheim and necromunda. the basic gameplay can be lots of fun.

my worst offender is how retarded they are concering singleplayer. all this dev time and budget wasted on shitty story missions that maybe 5% of their player base care about. but where it matters, i.e. the "endless mode" or "strategy layer" - whatever you call the gameplay between missions.... you have pretty much nothing. and its exactly here where you dont need firaxis budget to make a good game but simply a couple of talented developers. :negative:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I knew this will be shit the moment I felt SJW vibe from this. What SJW vibe, you ask? I can't exactly tell you, but over the years I developed ability to sense it. And in majority of promotional footage, I felt it hard

Almost like Chaos, you just feel itz presence

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I knew this will be shit the moment I felt SJW vibe from this. What SJW vibe, you ask? I can't exactly tell you, but over the years I developed ability to sense it. And in majority of promotional footage, I felt it hard

Almost like Chaos, you just feel itz presence

Mate that just sounds like Paranoia at this point. Perhaps you mean punk? Punk is super left wing and shares many elements with SJW culture, and Necromunda is pretty punky.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Could be, but I feel from latest statements that Focus Home Interactive has been SJWised. Just a feeling

Feeling
I don't feel when I watch latest Blood Bowl 3 trailer for example. But felt with almost every trailer for this where 70%+ screen time was given to feminist gang

Maybe I've gone insane. Better me then World

Beowulf

Arcane
Refunded and currently reinstalling Mordheim. What a bloody disapointment.

Make sure to leave a negative review while you're at it. They must not get away with this! Whether it's Focus Entertainment, or Rogue Factor, or both.

I wouldn't exclude Focus meddling - almost all of their GW licensed games were clearly launched too early and got mixed reviews because of numerous bugs, AI issues and poor design decisions.
Perhaps they should spend more on proper QA?

Or it might just be that the dev studios they work with are incompetent and cannot realistically deliver good quality product in a mutually agreed time frame.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Could be, but I feel from latest statements that Focus Home Interactive has been SJWised. Just a feeling

Feeling
I don't feel when I watch latest Blood Bowl 3 trailer for example. But felt with almost every trailer for this where 70%+ screen time was given to feminist gang

Maybe I've gone insane. Better me then World

Well they are French after all. Idk I feel nothing, but my SJW sensors are the opposite of yours. I claim to this day that there is nothing SJW in Tyranny.
But Plague Tale Innocence made them a fuckload of money, and while I havn't played that I think it had a larger left wing spiel?

I loved Mordheim despite all its many, many, many flaws. But I also played the game from day 1 early access and I can say that it's a miracle it ended up as good as it did at launch. Mordheim was in EA at least a year and I lost track of the number of terrible design decisions that were only fixed due to constant player feedback. Frankly, the EA player base did half the game design on Mordheim. I'm not surprised in the least that Necromunda has launched in this state.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminder:

Conspiracy theorist in me imagines that this has become a scapegoat among the turf war between Nacon and Focus Home. Rogue Factor, as a subsidiary of Nacon, seems to have another project in the works (seemingly led by the Art Director of DX:HR), so who knows how many people actually worked on this game, the competing publisher's game, all this time.

This game's developer is owned by a competing publisher. It's possible that Focus Home were the ones who got screwed here.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I loved Mordheim despite all its many, many, many flaws. But I also played the game from day 1 early access and I can say that it's a miracle it ended up as good as it did at launch. Mordheim was in EA at least a year and I lost track of the number of terrible design decisions that were only fixed due to constant player feedback. Frankly, the EA player base did half the game design on Mordheim. I'm not surprised in the least that Necromunda has launched in this state.

Sadly the main design decisions that make this game bad are irrevocable at this stage. Namely bullet sponge gangers and removal of things like bottle, falling etc. They could add more involved gang development and roster management in future iterations, but the dogshit fighting mechanics are a deal breaker for me.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Sadly the main design decisions that make this game bad are irrevocable at this stage. Namely bullet sponge gangers and removal of things like bottle, falling etc. They could add more involved gang development and roster management in future iterations, but the dogshit fighting mechanics are a deal breaker for me.

It's interesting that they didn't launch Necromunda into EA first, especially with what happened with Mordheim.

I suppose it's a moot point whether they can fix it or not, because, based on past history, they won't do a thing with this game post launch. There'll be the mandatory pre-planned DLC and that's it. If they had continued to work on Mordheim and delivered substantial improvements and expansions they'd probably have made great sales off the back of Total War: Warhammer's and Vermintide's ongoing success.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
RF's Mordheim mechanics stapled onto a Necromunda game at its core. Obviously the development hell has been well covered. And, listening to testers, there's not a bug or issue which they didn't raise but which remained present as it got to 'Iceberg ahoy, full steam ahead' once they were forced to abandon their initial combat system.

Shame really. There could have been a good game here but it won't be even with bug fixes. Too many decisions compounding on each other from the foundations. In one sense it's amazing they've got anything out in the time they had, in another... well. They certainly deserve every bit of the review kicking just for releasing with the technical issues present.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
What is with this curse of shit and mediocrity that seems to afflict nearly every warhammer game? Why is it so hard for people to make something great out of this IP?

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
It's interesting that they didn't launch Necromunda into EA first, especially with what happened with Mordheim.

Story I was told, by an Alpha tester but cannot vouch for truth myself, is that they were told the plan for Necromunda was an Early Access release round about now to try and hammer out the flaws you can see just from loading up a compstomp match. Instead, Focus felt that was too expensive to support and wanted RF's complete attention on a full release instead. To be honest, Early Access may have helped with the technical issues but they wouldn't be ripping out the core of the game for a second time.

Jinn

Arcane

I think it's pretty clear at this point that they didn't really care about how the game was going to be received. Whatever weird shit is going on here has nothing to do with a concern for quality or general reception.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
What is with this curse of shit and mediocrity that seems to afflict nearly every warhammer game? Why is it so hard for people to make something great out of this IP?

Yea its truly bizarre how GW went from a cast iron chastity belt with their IP for so many years to suddenly tossing it naked into a dirty alley and letting anyone with a fiver have their way with it. Total War Warhammer is about the only quality video game to come out that hasnt been hopelessly flawed or abandoned by the devs.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Yea its truly bizarre how GW went from a cast iron chastity belt with their IP for so many years to suddenly tossing it naked into a dirty alley and letting anyone with a fiver have their way with it. Total War Warhammer is about the only quality video game to come out that hasnt been hopelessly flawed or abandoned by the devs.

The AdMech game seems to be pretty neat, no? And the first BFG is nothing to sniff at.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Because Game Workshop throw their license away to any developer the seemingly want to work with their IP.

I think Total War and Vermentide is the only two games that can even be considered decent from modern Warhammer games.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

The AdMech game seems to be pretty neat, no? And the first BFG is nothing to sniff at.
Admech, battlefleet gothic (at least the first one), total warhammer, space hulk deathwing and vermintide are all good.

But for every one of those there's a dozen bad cashgrabs. It's possible we're better off overall compared to the chastity belt days, but it doesn't always feel like it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom