Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2948797

The Last Chance to Get Your Kickstarter Physical Reward!

Fellow Pathfinders,

Time flies fast. It’s been two years since Pathfinder: Kingmaker was released. Through all that time we’ve been gathering your shipping info, updating it, sending out your physical rewards, re-sending them, and supporting the process. But we couldn’t have been doing it forever, because, you know, we are a game developing company, and we had to return to making a new game for you! So more than a half a year ago, after several reminders for the backers, after we made sure everybody who wanted to receive their packages have contacted us and left the updated shipping information, we’ve made the last call and ended rewards shipping starting from January 11th, 2020.

Still, the messages continued to drop into our inbox from those of you who have not got a package yet, for different reasons. The recent console release has awoken a whole new wave of backers who had issues with the rewards or have forgotten about their pledge completely.

As community-driven developers, we want out backers to be happy. But we can't do this shipping thing forever, so we have decided – this is the LAST chance to claim the Kickstarter rewards.

If you have any issues with your reward, haven't received a package or key, or sent it back for replacement and never got one, or anything else, please do the following:

Send us an email to team@owlcatgames.com with the title "PFKM Kickstarter Reward Claim" before October 31st, 2020.

Describe your issue and include your valid shipping address. You will get a reply with further steps to take. All requests received before October 31st will be processed.

Please note: after that date, no claims regarding the Kickstarter rewards for Pathfinder: Kingmaker campaign will be accepted.The team will move to the production of the rewards for the next title – Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

c6be6d656505cfbe55d824473a6ff2b9_original.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm, not sure how much min-max or lore friendliness is expected. And what are your favorite classes.
And whether you want enemy Intimidation to be a part of the build or not (I've assumed not - and someone else will - so took Shatter Defenses).
And whether you're okay with robes, or prefer steel.
Anyhow how about this:

Freebooter Cleaver for Desiderius and Whisper

Lawful Alignment for monk dip. Lawful Good for +5AC Protector robes would be nice.
Assuming a human:
Str: 17+5
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

Lvl 1: Freebooter: /Freebooter's Bane +1/; Power Attack; Combat Reflexes
Lvl 2: Freebooter: Combat Style - Two-Handed: Cleave
Lvl 3: Freebooter: Cleaving Finish
Lvl 4: Freebooter: /Free: Freebooter's Bond/
Lvl 5: Freebooter: /Freebooter's Bane +2/; Outflank
Lvl 6: Freebooter: Combat Style - Two-Handed: Great Cleave
Lvl 7: Traditional Monk: Improved Cleaving Finish; Monk Bonus: Crane Style
Lvl 8: Sword Saint: /Free: Weapon Focus: Greataxe or Bastard Sword/
Lvl 9: Thug: Dazzling Display
Lvl 10: Thug: Combat Trick: Improved Critical Greataxe or Bastard Sword
Lvl 11: Thug: /Brutal Beating/ Shatter Defenses
Lvl 12: Thug: /Debilitating Injury, Uncanny Dodge/; Combat Trick: Vital Strike
Lvl 13: Sword Saint: Improved Vital Strike
Lvl 14: Sword Saint: /Magus Arcana: Arcane Accuracy/
Lvl 15: Sword Saint: /Perfect Strike/Critical; Mirror Image/; Blind Fight
Lvl 16: Freebooter
Lvl 17: Freebooter: Seize the Moment
Lvl 18: Freebooter
Lvl 19: Freebooter: /Freebooter's Bane +3/; Greater Vital Strike; Combat Style: Two Handed: Critical Focus
Lvl 20: Freebooter: /Quarry and 1 2nd level spell slot/ OR could do Monk2 with Bonus Feat

Important spells:
Ranger Spells: Lead Blades
Sword Saint spells: Mirror Image, Enlarge, Shield, True Strike (with Lesser Quicken Rod).
Liberal use of Lesser Extend Rod advised.

Rationale for Thug: If someone in the party is Intimidating the enemies (or they are "flanked"), with Great Cleave they get aoe debuffed with Debilitating Injury and Brutal Beating (Sickened). Plus Uncanny Dodge does wonders for survivability. I guess a variant could be made to make this char use Intimidation... but having the enemies run away when you want to Cleave them would suck.

Rationale for Sword Saint: Mainly Perfect Strike & Perfect Critical. A great fit for Vital Strike. The Arcane Pool might be shallow (late game with Int boosting items about 8 AP), but that's still enough to down a few bosses with some lucky Greater Vital Strike crits. Personally I enjoy big numbers. Also a boon defensively: Canny Defense will add +4 AC, can self buff with the almighty Mirror Image (twice with end game items and 22 Int), Shield, Enlarge. Rod Quickened True Strike to nova bosses. Can use wands - in fact liberal use of Mage Armor and Cat's Grace wands is recommended until you get better items.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Classes with an essential Move Action, yes. But good question

Want to hit as hard as possible with each swing. AoOs also good.

I don’t worry as much as Hap about D because I’m playing with a full group and you hang back with the first Bane before Charging in.

Mine does die more than other toons when I get sloppy.

Desiderius

Patron
Pretty sure Whisper is just setting us up, but thx for the build. Thug Cleave is pretty hilarious.

He likes killing things at range so he’s probably not too worried about Fear. I used it a lot in that Ranged Slayer (Sniper) MC playthrough.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Not setting up, trying to survive. Even have to resort to use Guidance (+1 attack, free) pre-buff. A lot of misses.

But it is playable, not sure how far i will get.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Pretty sure Whisper is just setting us up, but thx for the build. Thug Cleave is pretty hilarious.

He likes killing things at range so he’s probably not too worried about Fear. I used it a lot in that Ranged Slayer (Sniper) MC playthrough.

How would you advise to build freebooter Barbgirl companion? She has 13 Dex, eh. A bit low.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

First discovery, marking targets work only for Slayer (and Freebooter works for whole group)..

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmm, not sure how much min-max or lore friendliness is expected. And what are your favorite classes.
And whether you want enemy Intimidation to be a part of the build or not (I've assumed not - and someone else will - so took Shatter Defenses).
And whether you're okay with robes, or prefer steel.
Anyhow how about this:

Freebooter Cleaver for Desiderius and Whisper

Lawful Alignment for monk dip. Lawful Good for +5AC Protector robes would be nice.
Assuming a human:
Str: 17+5
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

Lvl 1: Freebooter: /Freebooter's Bane +1/; Power Attack; Combat Reflexes
Lvl 2: Freebooter: Combat Style - Two-Handed: Cleave
Lvl 3: Freebooter: Cleaving Finish
Lvl 4: Freebooter: /Free: Freebooter's Bond/
Lvl 5: Freebooter: /Freebooter's Bane +2/; Outflank
Lvl 6: Freebooter: Combat Style - Two-Handed: Great Cleave
Lvl 7: Traditional Monk: Improved Cleaving Finish; Monk Bonus: Crane Style
Lvl 8: Sword Saint: /Free: Weapon Focus: Greataxe or Bastard Sword/
Lvl 9: Thug: Dazzling Display
Lvl 10: Thug: Combat Trick: Improved Critical Greataxe or Bastard Sword
Lvl 11: Thug: /Brutal Beating/ Shatter Defenses
Lvl 12: Thug: /Debilitating Injury, Uncanny Dodge/; Combat Trick: Vital Strike
Lvl 13: Sword Saint: Improved Vital Strike
Lvl 14: Sword Saint: /Magus Arcana: Arcane Accuracy/
Lvl 15: Sword Saint: /Perfect Strike/Critical; Mirror Image/; Blind Fight
Lvl 16: Freebooter
Lvl 17: Freebooter: Seize the Moment
Lvl 18: Freebooter
Lvl 19: Freebooter: /Freebooter's Bane +3/; Greater Vital Strike; Combat Style: Two Handed: Critical Focus
Lvl 20: Freebooter: /Quarry and 1 2nd level spell slot/ OR could do Monk2 with Bonus Feat

Important spells:
Ranger Spells: Lead Blades
Sword Saint spells: Mirror Image, Enlarge, Shield, True Strike (with Lesser Quicken Rod).
Liberal use of Lesser Extend Rod advised.

Rationale for Thug: If someone in the party is Intimidating the enemies (or they are "flanked"), with Great Cleave they get aoe debuffed with Debilitating Injury and Brutal Beating (Sickened). Plus Uncanny Dodge does wonders for survivability. I guess a variant could be made to make this char use Intimidation... but having the enemies run away when you want to Cleave them would suck.

Rationale for Sword Saint: Mainly Perfect Strike & Perfect Critical. A great fit for Vital Strike. The Arcane Pool might be shallow (late game with Int boosting items about 8 AP), but that's still enough to down a few bosses with some lucky Greater Vital Strike crits. Personally I enjoy big numbers. Also a boon defensively: Canny Defense will add +4 AC, can self buff with the almighty Mirror Image (twice with end game items and 22 Int), Shield, Enlarge. Rod Quickened True Strike to nova bosses. Can use wands - in fact liberal use of Mage Armor and Cat's Grace wands is recommended until you get better items.
Sword Saint spell progression is heavily delayed. You might want to check if you actually get Mirror Image at 4th level

Desiderius

Patron

First discovery, marking targets work only for Slayer (and Freebooter works for whole group)..

But marking happens automatically with sneaks and becomes a swift action at lvl 7 while Bane is always Move Action.

Desiderius

Patron
Sword Saint spell progression is heavily delayed. You might want to check if you actually get Mirror Image at 4th level

No more than Inquisitor or Bard. Second lvl spells at lvl 4.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

No more than Inquisitor or Bard. Second lvl spells at lvl 4.
I think he is pointing out that a Sword Saint has fewer slots than the base Magus. At level 4 he should have 0 level 2 slots, so he would need at least Int 14 (already covered by the build) to be able to cast Mirror Image at least once per day.

Desiderius

Patron

How would you advise to build freebooter Barbgirl companion? She has 13 Dex, eh. A bit low.

I take her straight up to Freebooter 10 to get +3/+3 Bane, Dreadful Carnage via Combat Style (skipping Dazzling Display/Weapon Focus), and a Third Level spell. Then Barb 2 for Rage Power of your choice and Uncanny Dodge. After that there are several directions you can go. I wouldn’t try SS with her INT. Hap is kind of a SS fanatic.

The extra speed from Barb1 combined with Longstrider from Booter4 gives her a great Charge range.

Desiderius

Patron
As for DEX you can bump it up to 14 at lvl 4. There are a lot of + DEX items and she can cast Cat’s Grace if you want. Troll Castle Med Armor works well on her, but she’s currently wearing Lt Armor from Ekun’s Companion quest.

She doesn’t get armor training so isn’t going to benefit from big DEX anyway. Fight two-handed with Enlarge and/or Reach and she should stay out of harm’s way.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
As a Freebooter Amiri is surprisingly useful. Casting something in the very first round prevents her A.I. from suicidal rushes, she does not need to care about weapon specializations - and with Freebooter's Bond she is actually quite an asset for the party - despite her character, stats and personal story.

I haven't checked if the Bond works for the summons, though.

Doktor Best

Arcane
As clunky and buggy as the turnbased mode is in its current state, man is it great to fight the bigger battles in tb mode. Switching back to rtwp in mindless trashfights is also cool to reduce combat time.

I'd never have imagined saying this after playing Arcanum, but this hybrid mode combat system might be the future for infinity style games going forward.

I stuck with kingdom management for now but set it to normal difficulty. Rest is on challenging preset.

Desiderius

Patron
As a Freebooter Amiri is surprisingly useful. Casting something in the very first round prevents her A.I. from suicidal rushes, she does not need to care about weapon specializations - and with Freebooter's Bond she is actually quite an asset for the party - despite her character, stats and personal story.

I haven't checked if the Bond works for the summons, though.

Bane does.

If you really want to go off make her a Straight Barb with Inspire Ferocity and Freebooter MC. Fun with CMs.

Desiderius

Patron
Unfortunately it doesn't. I remember being very disappointed by this reality in the Varnhold DLC where the companions seemed designed around that very interaction. As Whisper pointed out you can't buff summons, although for some reason Prayer does affect them.

Yosharian

Arcane
You need to actually CHECK. Sword Saint suffers a two level delay in its spell progression compared to magus

Addendum: (I meant with 2nd-level slots, not all spell slots)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
You need to actually CHECK. Sword Saint suffers a two level delay in its spell progression compared to magus

As Claw explained progression is normal with one fewer cast per level, like Crusader.

Confirmation:

SwordSaintLVL4.jpg

You can right click on a level in the level-up screen and it will tell you what spells you get at each level.

Look man, your life will be a lot easier if you'd just except that Hap is smarter than me, I'm smarter than you, and you're smarter than InEffect.

No dishonor in that. Whisper might actually be smarter than me but he's had his head so far up his ass it's hard to tell. You're pretty much stuck where you're at.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom