Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Aren't the new 'classes' simply new ascendancies?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yep. Which ascendancy you wanna play will decide what campaign you gotta play.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep. Which ascendancy you wanna play will decide what campaign you gotta play.

Yep the POE vs POE2 stuff sounds mostly which flavour of story and ascendancy you want to use. They converge at the end game like normal from the sounds of it.

Perkel

Arcane
Yep the POE vs POE2 stuff sounds mostly which flavour of story and ascendancy you want to use. They converge at the end game like normal from the sounds of it.

Chris Wilson lead dev and owner of GGG said openly that with POE2 they want to address ALL of the issues that compounded since 1.0. Some of the changes will be released in patches before 2.0 but major ones will be reserved for POE2.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Chris Wilson lead dev and owner of GGG said openly that with POE2 they want to address ALL of the issues that compounded since 1.0. Some of the changes will be released in patches before 2.0 but major ones will be reserved for POE2.

Yeah, I'm just referencing the fact that the story part of POE2 is just a choice between the old and new content and which ascendancy you want to use. There won't be two versions of POE.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Might be worth downloading the game once before patchday, so you don't have to download the entire game when Heist releases.

Before the patch? Does this not say the patch will be - basically - the whole game being redownloaded? Why would you want to do it twice?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Once 3.11.2 has been released, you will need to redownload the entire game once so the files use the new system. Whether you do that during Heist, or before Heist releases, doesn't matter, but you will have to do it once. You could just wait for Heist to release, and have a massive redownload of the entire game on the day the new league comes out, or you do it sometime before. If you do it before then, you have the massive download on a day where you're most likely not planning on playing the game at all. You then just need to download the Heist files on release, since you're already using the new system of the way the game-data is being stored, and thus have a much shorter patching process (as per their announcement this is supposed to be much much faster than the old patches).

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ip2fzs/introducing_my_divination_card_the_journalist/
my first full-time job as a political reporter in Washington, DC
No matter how much hate or violence I was documenting as a journalist
horrors of the real world
challenges of being a journalist
as a gay guy,

LGBTQ Editor at ThinkProgress.org. "SirBlogzaLot" to the gaming world. Gay, atheist, progressive, trans ally.

Veiled mods on these helmets cannot roll syndicate-specific mods.
Useless in real life, useless in a game.
Truly this person is a gift to mankind.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Speaking of bloated mechanics that should be cut, divination cards are obscene. They just uselessly fill up my stash.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Speaking of bloated mechanics that should be cut, divination cards are obscene. They just uselessly fill up my stash.

get their stashtab and look at the pretties, you broke-ass thirdworlder ;)
They're not that pretty. I can get the same effect by looking at the card when I loot it, and then destroying/dropping.

Next thing you'll tell me to buy the unique stashtab so I can start collecting useless uniques too.

(related, I am pretty hyped for the tab affinity system. Being able to dump currency/maps quickly will be a very nice QoL. I may even buy a quad tab for chaos recipe. Shame none of the supporter packs now have nice 'free' cosmetics)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So turn them off in your filter? Except the ones that are useful in SSF like void or whatever

abija

Prophet
Once 3.11.2 has been released, you will need to redownload the entire game once so the files use the new system. Whether you do that during Heist, or before Heist releases, doesn't matter, but you will have to do it once. You could just wait for Heist to release, and have a massive redownload of the entire game on the day the new league comes out, or you do it sometime before.
They usually release a torrent day before so if you have decent connection is best choice.

Absinthe

Arcane
Divination cards serve some purpose in that they allow you to normalize drop rates for SSF since instead of randomly hoping to get a 6L or unique you can consistently grind out the cards for the appropriate item. But a lot of them really are space-wasting garbage, especially in SSF where you can't trade them. The lack of automatic trading in PoE also makes a lot of cards not even worth picking up since they're not even worth your time to trade.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, Assassin's Mark is getting it in the ass for mapping (only applies to single target), but will be better against bosses (applies at full effect). So there's that...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Well, Assassin's Mark is getting it in the ass for mapping (only applies to single target), but will be better against bosses (applies at full effect). So there's that...
Using curses for mapping is usually bad for clear speed, I think this is actually a buff since it's a huge increase to boss dps, especially the harder bosses. At least for me, I struggle more with those than regular mobs.
whats the deal with hexes? They felt that blight was meh so now they added direct dmg?
Bane exists, so I don't really get it either. The new chaos bolt skill looks pretty neat but I do wonder who asked for this.

The sigil/frost shield look pretty neat though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom