Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Oracsbox

:D
Earn your place in Arsegard

That guy in the video above seems rather angry, considering how bad Odyssey was, or really any Ass Creed game ever. It's kinda like if I was buying cheap fast food all my life, and then suddenly started ranting about the Taco Bell taco not being premium cuisine.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Giant wolves are ok but gay vikings ruin the immersion

It's a significant step on the way towards changing the setting from historical with scifi/mythological elements to Brooklyn theater company theme park. If it is sold as the former (or the series generally has been) while they suddenly deliver the latter then fans are likely to get upset.

Why anyone would be a fan of (modern)AC is beyond me though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Giant wolves are ok but gay vikings ruin the immersion

It's a significant step on the way towards changing the setting from historical with scifi/mythological elements to Brooklyn theater company theme park. If it is sold as the former (or the series generally has been) while they suddenly deliver the latter then fans are likely to get upset.

Why anyone would be a fan of (modern)AC is beyond me though.

All Ubisoft games are the same anyway.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ubisoft fired Ash. Hope he got some good money out of it.
https://www.windowscentral.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-creative-director-fired-ubisoft
What you need to know
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla Creative Director Ashraf Ismail has been fired from Ubisoft.
  • In June, Ismail was accused of misconduct and infidelity.
  • His termination comes after an investigation by an external firm.

Having sidechicks can get you fired lol.

It reminds me of a case recently overhere where a woman called a police on a dude she had sex with when she found out that his expensive car was a rental.

Avarize

Magister
I just found out Einar from Wardruna is part of the composing team. Might have to play this at some point for the tunes. Wish they'd go to interesting setting already, like pre-Columbian Aztec empire or something.

Codex Year of the Donut
Ubisoft fired Ash. Hope he got some good money out of it.
https://www.windowscentral.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-creative-director-fired-ubisoft
What you need to know
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla Creative Director Ashraf Ismail has been fired from Ubisoft.
  • In June, Ismail was accused of misconduct and infidelity.
  • His termination comes after an investigation by an external firm.

Having sidechicks can get you fired lol.

It reminds me of a case recently overhere where a woman called a police on a dude she had sex with when she found out that his expensive car was a rental.
. In June, Ismail was accused of misconduct and infidelity
In before the wrongful termination lawsuit

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Give Ubi some minor amount of credit for "upgrading" the console Joes versions for free, unlike some other companies.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
i don't understand how it looks less graphically impressive than Origins or Odyssey. I can tell that it has more polygons or whatever but it looks less impressive, I dunno maybe it's the bad attempt at copying The Witcher 3 aesthetic.
It's not just that. Looking at the player run through a village it seemed even more lifeless and lacking in atmosphere than in Origins or Od. Everything about this game world, and the game itself, looks like total shit. Even by Ubisoft/AC standards, which are already bottom tier.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Only series x upgrade or will the s also get it?

I's assume it's a Microsoft account thing and would count on all platforms, but can't say for sure. Why that isn't standard across the board is also a mystery. As a PC gamer it makes zero sense to me.

J1M

Arcane
It's marketing to try and get you to thank Ubisoft for Microsoft building the Xbox like a PC and allowing the game to be the same for all three hardware boxes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, there's bits in the Sagas that outright state a homo gets the death penalty.
Can you give me a citation for that? I'm in another internet argument and want to quote a source when I tell the guy the same thing you are saying

Oracsbox

Decent overview of everything known up to now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracsbox

Assassin's Creed ESRB Rating Confirms Brothels and Hallucinogenics
The ERSB rating for Assassin's Creed Valhalla releases details about topless brothels, detailed violence, and hallucinogenic mushrooms.
:bounce:

ADL

Prophet
i don't understand how it looks less graphically impressive than Origins or Odyssey. I can tell that it has more polygons or whatever but it looks less impressive, I dunno maybe it's the bad attempt at copying The Witcher 3 aesthetic.
My guess is they wanted to promote 4K/60 on PS5 and Series X at all costs. Even my RTX 3090 has difficulty pulling 70+ frames in Odyssey so I don't think making it look better was even an option for them. It'll be interesting to see how this one runs on PC since they got Vulkan running on AnvilNext in Ghost Recon Breakpoint and that improved performance by like 30% for me.

I'd imagine this is using Vulkan since it's an AMD partnered title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom