Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which "Blobber" RPG has the biggest...

MadMal073

Literate
Game world to explore? I hear Grimoire and MOMVI are good candidates, but curious to hear what people think.

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
Loxlwy1_qRB6uEO1s14tvGtb_WUik07xIqzjzyXQk_NGRPIIAbYSFSxvZWoSzHnMFQTl2aECf46BKhupyT4QOqOjgbafmIBA
FateWorld.gif

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Wiz 4 doesn't have a big world, but it'll take you forever to get through it anyway.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Game world to explore? I hear Grimoire and MOMVI are good candidates, but curious to hear what people think.

M&M III, Worlds of Xeen and M&M VI all have a big one and they know how to use it.

Because big empty/lame worlds aren't that fun...

Silk boasts "the biggest handcrafted open world of all time, fifty times larger than Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall!", but it's not exactly a traditional RPG. More like a mixture of Darklands and King of Dragon Pass.

Didn't play it but checking every last of the 9 reviews, 7 of them are in the 1 to 7 hours played, one at 14h and one at 213h (but his review doesn't say much about the game except he's broke and the game is cheap ...)
So, doesn't look like you found the garden of Eden...

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Which blobber RPG has the biggest blob?

M&M2 & 3, Wizardry 8, and Grimoire all allow 8 party members

Is there a blobber out there that allows more than that? I can't think of one.
Towers of Twilight has an unlimited party size if I'm not mistaken. Haven't played that one either though, CryptRat is a better authority on it.
Yes, it is unlimited and one of the many interesting mechanics of the game is that a character can spend a turn to gain tactical advantage (it's a slider, basically) over the opposite party which eventually will typically allow a bigger party to prevent a dragon from the smaller opposite party from breathing fire.

680x0

Learned
The real question is, which Scorpia has the bigger nips?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is the turn-based blobber with the largest amount of quality content, though certainly there are other blobbers with a greater amount of blander territory.

DcC5LxF.png

kA3m1cp.png

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Silk boasts "the biggest handcrafted open world of all time, fifty times larger than Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall!", but it's not exactly a traditional RPG. More like a mixture of Darklands and King of Dragon Pass.

The reason I know this game is shit is because their first sentence on the steam description is saying how it's 50x bigger than Daggerfall

Screen-Shot-2020-09-10-at-10-25-07-am.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom