Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Is GD worth paying for?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Is there a world of pure imagination and titilating conversation awaiting beyond the veil that separates newbros and the unseen world?

Yes.

Eg19bHn.png
And not a SINGLE jailbait thread.:rpgcodex: Reminder that the KIKES in charge of this site only want you going after STD-riddled old mercenary pussy.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Nah dude it's not worth any money. There can be funny shit there sometimes but it's virtually unmoderated these days so you get what you get with that. Don't get me wrong it's never been a the place to go for high minded discourse but spam threads used to get sent to retardoland. Now either the standards for spam have been lowered or its just that nobody cares. Probably both.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted

racofer

Thread Incliner

Citizen

Is there a world of pure imagination and titilating conversation awaiting beyond the veil that separates newbros and the unseen world?

Yes.

Eg19bHn.png
And not a SINGLE jailbait thread.:rpgcodex: Reminder that the KIKES in charge of this site only want you going after STD-riddled old mercenary pussy.

At least there isn't any the "NSFW - The TRAPS Crowd" in there.

Just as GD is concealed from younger codexers, there's a secret tranny subforum hidden even from GD veterans

Absinthe

Arcane
Retardo Land (the Codex's solution to locking threads or more often where posts are moved instead of deleting them) has some decent threads that may be worth reading, but otherwise only the Gaming Drama subforum is of occasional interest. They're mostly cesspools, honestly.

The real reason why those boards are concealed from public view and hidden from users until their account is at least 1 year old is because those boards tend to attract fringe shitposters who have no sincere interest in computer games (much less RPGs) and just want to rant about whatever garbage that gets them going. Since we're big on free speech around here, we still have the boards, but since we're not big on attracting crazies, we walled them off so that you've been around long enough (or are otherwise sufficiently invested in the Codex) that you're not just here for GD shit.

People have to pay to see GD?
Pay or wait 1 year. General Discussion, Gaming Drama subforum, Politics, and Retardo Land are all behind that wall, as they attract unsavory types.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Nah dude it's not worth any money. There can be funny shit there sometimes but it's virtually unmoderated these days so you get what you get with that. Don't get me wrong it's never been a the place to go for high minded discourse but spam threads used to get sent to retardoland. Now either the standards for spam have been lowered or its just that nobody cares. Probably both.
You were basically only active for a period in 2007 and then 2009, and then you were literally gone 2010-2020, stop pretending like you're some illustrious oldfag unless you're actually someone's lapsed alt. :lol:

The real reason why those boards are concealed from public view and hidden from users until their account is at least 1 year old is because those boards tend to attract fringe shitposters who have no sincere interest in computer games (much less RPGs)
I don't think that's true, I think it's more that after a while there's only so much to be said about games, especially since so few good RPGs are released now.

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't think that's true, I think it's more that after a while there's only so much to be said about games, especially since so few good RPGs are released now.
It's the actual reason why we walled off those boards years ago. They were attracting Stormfront types and other weirdos to the Codex and it was shitting up the forums. Since we don't like shutting down conversations or topics (again: pro-free speech), the solution was to just make that shit inaccessible to google and any weirdos who were trying to recruit others off-site to come use the Codex as a vector to promote and spread their pet ideologies (yes, this actually happened).

RPGs were pretty much a dead genre for much of the 2000s and the Codex did fine, even if there was a lot of grumbling. Since the 90s and early 2000s passed, the release rate of RPGs has always been low. Back then there was no kickstarter shit to help random indies fund their ventures to enter the market (Schafer only made his move in 2012, and that was when videogame devs began to seriously take note of it). Steam did not even have Steam Greenlight up, and indies didn't have an easy time joining their platform. GOG was not really up and until 2012 did not really accept new games, only old ones (as befitted their name - "good old games"). Unreal cost you an arm and a leg to use commercially and was not suited for RPGs regardless. Unity Engine was an utter joke. Vince had to buy a bizarro engine license for Torque to make his RPG and tweak it for years and years. And publishers are usually not keen on taking a chance on random garage studios. On top of that PCs were a neglected platform and the entire RPG genre was viewed as niche to boot. The RPG release rate in recent years (even if most of them suck) has actually been fairly high compared to the 2000s drought of RPGs when basically nothing got released and the entire genre was viewed as dead (with the exception of JRPGs).

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just as GD is concealed from younger codexers, there's a secret tranny subforum hidden even from GD veterans

That's taxalot's Liberal Safe Space subforum. No secret. You just have to open it.

I recommend against it, though.

I think this might be DarkUnderlord 's as far as I'm concerned.

It's a place I'm a moderator of.

I want to burn it all down.

And yet I can't.

Semiurge

Cipher
It's the actual reason why we walled off those boards years ago. They were attracting Stormfront types and other weirdos to the Codex and it was shitting up the forums. Since we don't like shutting down conversations or topics (again: pro-free speech), the solution was to just make that shit inaccessible to google and any weirdos who were trying to recruit others off-site to come use the Codex as a vector to promote and spread their pet ideologies (yes, this actually happened).

RPGs were pretty much a dead genre for much of the 2000s and the Codex did fine, even if there was a lot of grumbling. Since the 90s and early 2000s, the release rate of RPGs has always been low. Back then there was no kickstarter shit to help random indies fund their ventures to enter the market (Schafer only made his move in 2012, and that was when videogame devs began to seriously take note of it). Steam did not even have Steam Greenlight up, and indies didn't have an easy time joining their platform. GOG was not really up and for the early years did not really accept new games, only old ones (as befitted their name - "good old games"). Unreal cost you an arm and a leg to use commercially and was not suited for RPGs regardless. Unity Engine was an utter joke. Vince had to buy a bizarro engine license for Torque to make his RPG and tweak it for years and years. And publishers are usually not keen on taking a chance on random garage studios. PCs were a neglected platform and the entire RPG genre was viewed as niche to boot. The RPG release rate in recent years (even if most of them suck) has actually been fairly high in recent years compared to the 2000s drought of RPGs when basically nothing got released and the entire genre was viewed as dead (with the exception of JRPGs).

Where there is free speech, nazis are a fact of life.

Ah right, I was too newfag to see that. Even from the Stormfront perspective shutting it down was a good move though, if the site goes explicitly and publicly Stormfront then it's liable to be censored or have l1bruls trying to dox, etc.

Absinthe

Arcane
No. The problem was much simpler than that. They were obnoxious, they were opinionated, they were shit at reasoned discourse, and they had shit taste in RPGs. There was a joke back in those days that GD was more Stormfront than Stormfront though.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Where there is free speech, nazis are a fact of life.

Most of us aren't even nazis. We simply hold views that were normal just 20-30 years ago.

Whereas the left has gone full clown world retard with its absurdities.

Absinthe

Arcane
Shitting on SJWs does not really have to do with one's political leanings. I mean SJWs do love to claim that they represent The Left and everyone who thinks they are on drugs must be part of The Right, but really, they're just (self-righteous, malevolent) idiots.

Something Else

Educated
I mean SJWs do love to claim that they represent The Left and everyone who thinks they are on drugs must be part of The Right, but really, they're just (self-righteous, malevolent) idiots.
So they do represent the left then?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom