Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Doktor Best

Arcane
Is there some way to disable auto-toggle for impromptu sneak attack? It always auto activates on the first fight after each rest so i waste it on some trashfight, basically negating myself a powerful buff for difficult fights...

Beggar

Cipher
Gotta say the this game now works with a controller and it's an unheard thing it works very well with it. Controls are intuitive and very easy to use (unlike Divinity 2). Might even replay it

Beggar

Cipher

Technomancer

Liturgist
276K XP for doing it solo elevated my char to level 20!

Played the game with the party of 4 with XP sharing disabled. And I'm only just finished rushlight tournament! So that is probably the earliest you can reach level 20.

deuxhero

Arcane
Obviously I meant with regard to 2nd-level slots since they are what Haplo's build is focused around
My bad then, didn't want to bother you for nothing. In my defense, you literally never said that you were only talking about level 2 slots:

You need to actually CHECK. Sword Saint suffers a two level delay in its spell progression compared to magus
Conclusion: a Sword Saint is TWO LEVELS behind a Magus in terms of spell progression.
I thought you were talking about the entire spell progression of the class.

Still, it seems to me that this "two levels behind" stands true only for the 2nd level 2 slot you should gain at level 5. For example, according to this theory a level 10 Sword Saint should have 4 level 2 base slots:

UYnq3bx.png
Instead, she still has 3:
ghRiY69.png
Same thing at level 11, still 3 base level 2 slots:
FPhiZqy.png
At level 12, she gains her 4th slot, coherently with the "just one slot less" theory:
VImenSL.png

Yes, one slot less is how it should be. The Sword Saint is just a renamed Kensai archetype minus Fighter Training and with Iaijutsu renamed to Lightning Strike. It says so clearly on the srd and I guess this text didn't make it into Kingmaker, along with decent spell progression tables.

MAmbOzT.png

For the record, "Kensai" was likely renamed for being bad Nipponese. It's supposed to be Kensei.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Off to rescue Amiri, which means no Freebooter and fighting big groups on Unfair. Let's see how it goes.

View attachment 14618

So Val finally made it to Smilodon form, but doesn't get Animal Growth or Smilodon inherent bonuses like her pet. Pounce is still really good, especially on a tank with Mirror Image. Octavia will be able to cast Legendary Proportions on her next level and she'll eventually cast Frightful Aspect on herself and she'll really take off. Also Linzi's song isn't on yet so missing circumstance bonus. Pounce means a lot of flat-footed even without Shatter Defenses, and Aspect of Wolf gives a swift Trip along with the Trip Cloak bite.

View attachment 14619

Val also picked up full Barkskin duty this level so MC Grenadier could get Blur on all melee. Val Feyspeaker = two pouncing tanks with high AC and Illusion protection.

View attachment 14620

Now that you can't stack Bard songs I've got Linzi doing a Dazzling Display while keeping Courage up. Her Persuasion is high enough to land it consistently although since it is a Full Round Action sometimes it is too late.

View attachment 14621

Brought Ekun along to keep from getting outnumbered and to use Devourer to take out key targets while MC was bombing. He's got the Deadly Aim hat but I forgot to put it on. Enlarge + Hurricane Bow + Aspect of Falcon + Devourer lays down some hurt.

View attachment 14622
View attachment 14623

Sometimes the Bear gets you. With all these charging tanks I was able to keep a lot of the fragile Brevoy soldiers alive even on Unfair so each fight got easier.

View attachment 14624

This Linzi is built for maximum DC on Enchantments (Ring of Reckless Courage, etc...) and you can see it paying off here by taking out some dangerous archers and a cleric.

View attachment 14625

I meant to bring Kalikke for Whirlwind Bull Rushes but I stupidly retrained her without Weapon Finesse thinking she'd use CON for AB. She does for CM but the Blade is default STR for AB. So had to switch to Kanerah who did mostly strategic Blinds with Flash Infusion. Decent DC. She also brought Celerity to get her Burn up.

View attachment 14626

You can see here how good Confusion (Barb archer shooting another Barb) is but how bad Wall form is for group play or this map in general. My whole army ended up roasting themselves on Kanerah's wall so I reloaded. Was thinking she had Eruption which would have been great with Flash Infusion.

View attachment 14627

Linzi using her enchantment skills to maximum effect this time through. That Giant ended up working over those adds at the top nicely.

View attachment 14628

Harrim using his bonus vs. Giants to good effect again. Tristian not available at this point anyway. If he switched to the melee Buckler and fought defensively he could get over 50 AC. Can see here Banshee Blast about to fire.

View attachment 14629

Necro relic Cloak getting his Necromancy DC up nicely and no place like the front lines for a cone spell and... The Giant rolls a 20. You can see that the Bear and that other Barb weren't so lucky.

View attachment 14630

Cleric abandons his summons to run and you can see Kanerah getting to ready to lay down a wall of fire for them to run into. Harrim followed up with a Fear and the Giant roasted itself too.

So a little on the easy side but a lot of cool effects to try out and enjoy.

Trashos

Arcane
All right, two questions.

a) There is an event ("opportunity") with a Celebrity Visit. There are older reports online that this event costs an insane amount of BP/week when resolved successfully, and therefore people should avoid touching it. However, I just tried it and the reported cost/week does not seem to be there. Can anyone confirm that this event has been "rebalanced" by Owlcat?

b) Do we know the writer for Ekun? I really like his storyline, and I find that the whole concept is masterfully implemented and fits the game perfectly.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
All I know about the companions in terms of writing is that Amiri was imposed by Paizo, which doesn't come as a surprise given the way that she is.
And that Jubilost was Owlcat's idea. Which, again, is not a shock because he's pretty cool.

For a gnome! Sorry Delterius! <3

Trashos

Arcane
Yeah, Jubilost, Nok^2, and Jaethal are the companions I liked a lot since the beginning. Since then I have learnt to like the rest of them too, but Ekun really impresses me (as I see it, he is a study on the theme of "protection").

Amiri is the worst companion afaic, but her quest is not that bad. I can maybe accept that what was done with her was the best that could have been done. And the scene of her re-recruitment at HATEOT is a top-notch moment, up there with the best.

All right, two questions.

a) There is an event ("opportunity") with a Celebrity Visit. There are older reports online that this event costs an insane amount of BP/week when resolved successfully, and therefore people should avoid touching it. However, I just tried it and the reported cost/week does not seem to be there. Can anyone confirm that this event has been "rebalanced" by Owlcat?

b) Do we know the writer for Ekun? I really like his storyline, and I find that the whole concept is masterfully implemented and fits the game perfectly.

I am adding a third question:

c) Who are the *essential* companions to buff Okbo defensively?
Jubilost can buff him with Shield, Barkskin and Stoneskin, Octavia can buff him with Shield and Mage Armor, and Reggie can buff him with Mage Armor and Stoneskin. Does this mean that I practically have no choice but to always have Jubilost and either Octavia or Reggie with me?

I do have Jubilost and Octavia in my current core party -Reggie is out because I am playing a Sword Saint- but I would like to be replacing Octavia in the quests where I have to use one of the non-regular companions. I do not see how it is possible, though, Okbo's tanking ability will go down the drain without Mage Armor.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Wands of Mage Armor are cheap. Bokken has one from the beginning. You also should be using a full Shield of Faith. Magical Vestment also works.

The hard one is Shield since it’s personal so only Jewb can provide it. Later on the same goes with Echolocation. Unless you have a Druid Jewb is also the only one with a full Barkskin.

Stoneskin shouldn’t be necessary.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jubilost was Owlcat's idea.
Technically, Jubilost exists in the original adventure path. The encounter where you save his wagon from the kobold ambush in the river is pretty much the same, only without Tartuk. And after saved, he can be recruited by the players as an advisor for their kingdom. But everything else about him, his personality, his backstory, his interactions with the party, in short everything that makes him "Jubilost" instead of another random encounter was Owlcat's doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom