Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time vaporware remake from Ubisoft

El Presidente

Arcane
Looks absolutely awful. Worst cash grab attempt I've seen in ages and that's quite something in this industry

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
More pics. According the Ubi store it will cost 40 bucks.

5efc463f0d253c1d3430ff98-2.png

5efc463f0d253c1d3430ff98-1.png

5efc463f0d253c1d3430ff98-3.png

5efc463f0d253c1d3430ff98-4.png

5efc463f0d253c1d3430ff98-5.png

Wait, what? Why did they make remake of this one? It's perfectly playable and looks great even today thanks to art direction. There are different games from UbiSoft era that could use remake, not this one.

Or is it same thing as with cover versions of old songs in ads? That you hear them and you are instantly reminded of great tune butchered by some clueless idiot who thought he should make it "soulful and better."

Yeah, no. Farah was more hot in original anyways.

El Presidente

Arcane
I think this might be a self fulfilling prophecy made on purpose to be bad and half-assed so after the release they can point at all the reviews shitting on the game and go "well, if you guys say so" and bury PoP for good.

These fuckers scheme. Just like during the entire 00's they'd shit terrible unoptimized dumbed down ports one after another on PC shelves and if PC gamers felt suspicious about its quality and decide to pirate first to check, they'd go full "look, PC gamers can't stop pirating our games! PC gaming is dying, guys! PC gaming is dying!"

ArisatoSeldom

Novice
PC gamers can't stop pirating our games!
Ah, what a time it was! Yet I've knew no person who didn't pirate console games. Even my psp was pirate bay (take that ubisoft, pop2 on my psp, for free!).
In my defense, there was no way (without brainfucking myself to hell) to get games for console in my place.

Machocruz

Arcane
Reminds me of a move Jap devs used to pull in the early OOs "HEY YOU WANT US TO MAKE A SEQUEL TO/BRING OVER PORT OF A GOOD GAME IN THIS SERIES?? THEN BUY THIS SHITTY PORT OF AN OLD SHITTY GAME IN THE SERIES FIRST!"

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
As I recall, the only thing that's needed for the current version available on Steam is subtitles and some better sound mixing so the voices come across more clearly.
This remake seems unnecessary and not of very high quality.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

What fckn piece of shit garbage!
What a bunch of wankers..

Before I continue, I am Indian, so I am gonna be racist as fck! as that is my right!

So. WHY THE FCK DID THEY GIVE IT TO FCKN UBISOFT PUNE!
DID YOU FCKN SEE THE WAY SHE TYPED!??
IS SHE FCKN RETARDED! ARE YOU FOR REAL!
SHE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK IN COHERENT ENGLISH!
WHAT HAVE YOU FCKN DONE UBISOFT WHAT THE FCK DID YOU DO TO MY BELOVED FCKN FRANCHISE!
WHAT THE FCK!!!

A BUNCH OF FCKN WANKERS WHO KEEPS MAKING JUST DANCE GAMES!
PIECE OF SHIT! FCKN FCKNNN

Hey bro why so mad?
You're the one that has been asking for a revival of the series, even if for a shitty nu-installment like you said.
You should be nothing but glad for these news, your wishes came true.

:troll:

I hope you've learned your lesson, and don't go cursing us again you bitch.

giphy.gif

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm almost sure they are using the same animations of the original game.
Go take a look at the old animations. They are actually better than most modern games. They are most certainly not using the old animations. This is incompetency at it's peak.
Has ubisoft india studio done any games before? This strikes me as possibly being some kind of practice run for a new studio.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
According to Production Director Sashi Menon, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake does not suffer from any low budget or strict deadline issues.

“No, it was not a problem of timeline or budget. For us at Ubisoft quality is of the utmost importance and this is something that we have kept in mind from the start. The project has been in development for the last two and a half years. We have had at peak 170 members working on this project and not to mention other investments in infrastructure and set up to make a modern game. No there have not been any cutback in budget or timeline for the game.”

This statement feels awkward, especially after watching the game’s announcement trailer. I mean, you can clearly see an NPC being reused multiple times in one single cut-scene. Then again, we wouldn’t expect the game’s director to go ahead and admit any budget restrictions. On the other hand, though, Pierre Sylvain-Gires admitted some technical difficulties the team had with the Anvil Engine.

“The principle of the rewind is a headache technically. The Anvil engine was not made at all to do rewind, to do slow motion, to do all those time manipulation. The tech approach was a challenge.”

Senior Producer Annu Koul added:

“Anvil engine is mainly for open-world games. The game we have is a short, linear game and not an open-world game so there are many challenges we have to be wary of.”

Both Koul and Sylvain-Gires stated that the art style was exactly what the team had in mind.

“We decided to go for a unique visual treatment to make this game standout from other games. It’s not another Assassin’s Creed, it’s not like the same Prince of Persia from 2008. It has to be unique. This magic, this fantasy is shown through the saturation, through the light. So, it was also a challenge to redefine the visual identity of the game with this remake.”

“The main challenge was to create a game where we had to play on the nostalgia and we have to give it the modern twist. Keeping this balance intact is important.”

Still, Ubisoft India has not provided any additional explanations about the remake’s graphical shortcomings.

They just admitted to being incompetent.

https://themakoreactor.com/features...utube-dislikes-ubisoft-india-interview/16834/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom