Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Cat Dude

Savant
What an amazing rpg. I give Lilura/10.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally finished it. I liked it, but man, the last part felt like a slog combat-wise. Funniest thing was having to do combat with 2 factions, to reduce the possible combat scenarios. Heard you like combat, so we put combat in your quest to reduce combat encounters. Also like yes plz said, the last part felt under cooked. It was a long build up, but then it just happens and it's over. Alrighty then. But overall I liked it. I guess the combat could have been a bit better, I found it pretty tough in the beginning, but then it becomes very easy - easy but enemies could still one shot you however. But with insta-heals and the like it wasn't a real problem. Can't say I ever got 100% hang of the combat.

Best InXile game yet for me.

Mystary!

Arcane
Took me over an hour to play through the gipper/godfisher fight. Npc turns are so freaking long even with the option for them to move all at once. What does that actually do?
Had to restart twice because I accidently aggroed the gippers, even thou I was super careful the second time, and the third time the game crashed half way through... :0-13:

LJ40

Cipher
Just finished the game a few nights ago. Can anyone tell me what the large room in Ranger HQ with the billboard laying on the ground is for? I'm guessing I didn't recruit someone.

It does make the arguments between the Rangers and the refugees about lack of space extra retarded though. I guess that giant, completely unused space wasn't good enough for them.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Just finished the game a few nights ago. Can anyone tell me what the large room in Ranger HQ with the billboard laying on the ground is for? I'm guessing I didn't recruit someone.

It does make the arguments between the Rangers and the refugees about lack of space extra retarded though. I guess that giant, completely unused space wasn't good enough for them.
You can hire the museum curator in downtown Colorado Springs to set up an exhibit for the rangers there, which will then get new pieces for each area you visit and quest you complete.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Out of curiosity are there actually any DLCs planned to bring in stuff that is mentioned on the Wiki but can't be found in the game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Out of curiosity are there actually any DLCs planned to bring in stuff that is mentioned on the Wiki but can't be found in the game?

Hmmm, not an answer to your question, but it seems Fargo mentioned DLC here:

https://www.ginx.tv/en/video-games/wasteland-3-is-confirmed-to-be-receiving-dlc

It’s a good day for Wasteland 3 fans, as Brian Fargo, Founder and Producer for InXile Entertainment, has confirmed the game will be receiving additional content. “Yes, we are going to do some DLC for it,” Fargo said, “or, you know, expansion gameplay.”

Fargo confirmed the recent post-apocalyptic, wild-west RPG (ironically, set in freezing Colorado) would be receiving expansions last night on Twitch talk show, Dropped Frames. Fargo didn’t seem to be entirely sure he was supposed to be announcing the DLC at this stage, but did so anyway - to the amusement and excitement of the hosts.

The writing has already started on some of the DLC, but more of the InXile team will be moving onto it shortly after they finish up with wrapping up some of the issues Wasteland 3 was experiencing post-launch, which is fairly standard for any game post-launch.

While the content itself wasn’t really talked about (understandable, considering how early in the development process it is), Fargo did confirm that Mary Ramos would be reprising her role as Music Supervisor. Anyone who has played Wasteland 3 will tell you the soundtrack and music are incredibly evocative and cinematic - and that’s thanks largely to Ramos’ input. Ramos is best known for her work as the Music Supervisor for Quentin Tarantino’s films, and it is a huge coup for InXile that they’ve managed to retain her services for the upcoming content.

There is no release date as yet for the Wasteland 3 DLC, but work is already underway on the expansions and you can look forward to what will surely be a continuation of the fantastic soundtrack.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Yes, Faran Brygo confirmed on some Dropped Frames stream yesterday, that DLCs (expansions) are indeed being worked on, and thank god for that.

It shouldn't really come to anybodys surprise, either, that DLCs are coming.
We got Director's Cut with Wasteland 2, and we should in the very least expect something similar for Wasteland 3.

This is Brygo's favourite IP, after all, and he desperately want it mimic and rival fallout games, which he was "forced" to sell the rights to, to bethturd

Shadenuat

Arcane
i don't see my local Deidrana palace with pet zoo of mutants, trophey room and slave harem

why do I help raiders kill 2 cows instead

it is all backwards

they put miniboring baldurs gate in the beginning of the game, so you run around loading screens for like 10 levels, instead of making you go out explore
they put storming some palace in mountains in the middle instead of the end
they put raider mines and cows in the end, and they put mines inside soviet ruined station there, instead of making it and cute soviet robbot a discoverable location

it's end of game level 226 and to the left is raiders in mines, to the right is raiders on a farm. hur.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah, I put him in the ground the moment I found what he was. Also, when Angela
tells me we were dumb fucks for killing the literal human trash, I wish I had a response involving a machine gun down that cunt's throat.

I guess luckily my game bugged out and registered him as KIA instead of me killing him so Angela didn't tell that to me.
You must have just not noticed, because she tells you something like "since you dumb fucks couldn't protect him" if you tell her he didn't make it out. I killed him too, I can't remember if there's even an option on admitting you off him. Anyway I told him he didn't make it out and she called us dumb fucks for not protecting him lol.

If this is not a bug it is shit writing; why give us the explicit choice of executing the guy and force us to lie about it to fucking angela deth? ffs

SoupNazi

I don't remember properly - maybe that option was there not to lie?

Edit: or "obfuscate the truth", I should say - what that dialogue option said is definitely something like "he didn't make it", i.e. not being clear on what happened. Maybe Deth just assumes.

Maybe I'm just an apologist. :lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane
tried to stealth through endgame windfarm to reduce trash mobs but when clicked on the kite, game teleported whole party to it good old NWN2 style
all they had to do to fix this is just turn quest object into a banal lootable item.

commence combat

is funny cause before 3d kid I was ready to give game fair 7/10 or even something more positive as even 2d kid location had some nice NPCs in it and generally didn't tire me so much.

all this raider windmills would be fine in beginning of the game but on 30-40ish h. however all you want is just to shoot missiles at everyone

it also makes Liberty look like just a small petty chieftain, not someone who is stronger than kid1 and kid2

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The game is realistically somethling like a 7 or 7.5, objetively, as pr. my review. Still alot of flaws in the game in different departments, in a shame, because the game is quite fun otherwise, but it dragged down by some really fucking annoyin gstuff

jackofshadows

Magister
If I'd forced now to rate this x/10 (don't like these metrics much because muh relativity) I'd rate it... 5.5/10 due to broken progression system, economics, absurdly easy difficulty, questionable storytelling design and pacing, lamentable technical state but the looks and polished, mostly pleasant writing as a redeemable qualities.

But it definitely has potential to be fixed up to 7/10 or even a bit higher. I mean, it's a combat-oriented game as I see it and this aspect simply sucks, at least for now. Who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong and they will continue working on this for a long while.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's like a child who was loved by only 1 parent. It's not mismanaged on level of how say Pathfinder was yet Pathfinder held better (probably because it also collapses in the end but collapsing at 50-70 hours mark is not same as at 20-30s).

It's 33% broken in terms of actual content, give or take casualised char system and tons of xp and being overpowered.

If developers can make Denver, they can make good locations to explore and that could have easily saved this game.

Fallout tactic and nu-xcom has less straightforward map design, and much of W3 map design is just that: straightforward combat arenas with cover and barells prepared to be exploded. Plus 1 obligatory alternative (very straight) route/side alcoves with loot.

In super rough ATOM, there was junkyard with raiders which was gigantic fenced area (from all directions) with locked gates and enemies on walls and there were like 50 on them inside aggro on you - no free pass for player there.

In W3 area design is not bad but it's so formulaic.

"all that time 50% of your people were endgame boss spies"
what if I fight Patriarch, it would be 50% people be his spies instead? :roll:

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
If I'd forced now to rate this x/10 (don't like these metrics much because muh relativity) I'd rate it... 5.5/10
Yet you still did it even though no one asked you to. Admit it, you love rating things.
Sure I do. And at the same time I was reinforcing the point about how pointless these ratings are. If games like WL3 were coming out every few weeks or so than sure, such rating system among enthusiasts would be useful even for no-lifers who have plenty of free time to play games but what we have here is an extraordinary event, no matter how flawed the game actually is.

Shadenuat

Arcane
well at least you can talk out final fight(s).

all and all this game is
a game.

ost and pattern ending country song is 11/10 tho

arguably games like this usually deserve another playthrough (I mean, I like, killed 2 companions outright during meeting them, ie raider and polit prisoner); but trash fights trash initiative massive influx of loot and skill and stat points and repetetitve combat and mostly empty map with feed quests and Loading Screens make this impossible to me.

good thing I was quick enoigh to max Survival so I could ignore part of loading screens. not useful skill but useful at keeping you sane.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
One of the best nve SSD ont he market and loading time are hellish too . Really only negative point indeed.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
It amazes me that the makers of Atom RPG did more with 1/100th the budget.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom