Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

>Trigger the codex with a statement.
Age of Decadence is a glorified visual novel.
Planescape: Torment is better in book format.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Planescape: Torment is better in book format.

Oh, I just have to react to that. I never played Planescape: Torment because I can't stand isometric games, but because it is so famous I read the book. Man, what a boring mess! If the game is anything similar I'm glad I never played it ;).

Nah the book is god awful. Not quite as bad as the Baldur's Gate adaptation but pretty close.

That said, the book does reference a few discarded plot points from the game, so in that sense it's quite interesting.

Screenshot-2020-09-30-r-Games.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Neverwinter Nights 3 and Icewind Dale 3 developed by Larian Studios

:negative:
I meeeeean, the last "Neverwinter" game was developed by Cryptic Studios, the prestigious and renown studio behind titles like City of Heroes, Champions Online, Marvel Heroes, and Star Trek Online. Are you really worried about Larian smearing Neverwinter's reputation when the previous studio that worked on that develops fucking free-to-play MMOs?

Like there are any other options...

Owlcat maybe, but they are not considered big and proveb enough by WoTC standards.
WotC standards? Man, they licensed D&D to studios that worked on wrestling mobile games and Call of Duty ports to nintendo DS.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
I meeeeean, the last "Neverwinter" game was developed by Cryptic Studios, the prestigious and renown studio behind titles like City of Heroes, Champions Online, Marvel Heroes, and Star Trek Online. Are you really worried about Larian smearing Neverwinter's reputation when the previous studio that worked on that develops fucking free-to-play MMOs?

Good thing i really have never heard this thing before, but now you mention it. What a fucking decline. Fucking really WoTC? a friggin MMO, why you have to mention it. It just best to be left forgotten and never mention it ever again. But i know what you have to do to inform me this.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
WotC is on the major decline run, so it can be worse.
And will be worse.
And they fired people responsible for Dragonlancer for not enough incl00sivity...

sys0nar

Educated
Not a statement, but here is a big pawnbroker chain here in Australia putting stickers on a complete Big Box Ultima VII that will 100% ruin the cover if any attempt is to remove them.
s-l1600.jpg

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
WotC is on the major decline run, so it can be worse.
And will be worse.
And they fired people responsible for Dragonlancer for not enough incl00sivity...
They didn't "fire" the Dragonlance authors, they just (allegedly) breached their contract.
The authors have a pretty good case against WotC, seems like - not worth getting infuriated over unless they lose their lawsuit.
See this vid starting at 1:43:30 if you want to feel good about the case:

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Like there are any other options...

Owlcat maybe, but they are not considered big and proven enough by WoTC standards.

WotC are currently shitting the bed with their woke culture. Apparently Salvatore is trying to kill off Drizzt so that he won't be forced to (further) ruin him, and the CREATORS of Dragonlance are suing the company. It turns out WotC were trying to force them to implement woke elements into a new trilogy, and when they wouldn't bend, they tried to breach their contract. From what the various lawyers on the Internet are saying, they have a very strong case, and WotC are in big trouble if this goes to court.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom