Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MASS EFFECT 5 - yes or no

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Will it ever happen? I love trilogy and Andromeda , just for great mood and universe. Im looking for any info about ME5 but can't find anything more than just some rumors, like job offers from Bioware etc. Anyone knows anything? Thanks for answers in advance.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BioWare is dead. The company is in pure Ship of Theseus mode. I'm sure if anybody bothered to look up the staff who worked and wrote the original Mass Effect games, the vast majority are somewhere else now.

Simple Simon

Scholar
The core concept of a Star Trek type RPG is solid, I'm just bummed out that the people that made Bioware great are gone. It's hard to be optimistic about where the series goes from here.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
Mass Effect: Not Even Once +M
Once was OK.
2 wasn't completely without merit. Sure it was shit as an RPG, but I did enjoy going around places like the Citadel, listening in on conversations and interacting with random people. It's the same thing that made me love VtMB, albeit in way smaller measure. But I don't need to point out that today's Bioware isn't capable of that.

yes. always yes for more, after all with an infinite number of monkeys tapping randomly an infinite number of keyboards you have 100% chances of a masterpiece.
faith in a good game? holy fuck no.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Mass Effect: Not Even Once +M

I LOL'd at this. (Genuine)

Yeah, no more ME from "Bioware". All NuBioware does is suck the sweat off dead developer's balls.

Without their two overlords to protect them, their incompetent band of merry adventurers have only scattered to the wind to commit incompetence, fail to find jobs elsewhere (sing me the tale of Mike Laidlaw one more time!) or find other ways to suck sweat (Beamdog) and only the dregs of the dregs were left behind.

Would love to see Mass Effect from a different studio, though. They can't do any worse than NuBioware and Patrick Weekes, who if anything, is a shittier diva writer than most of the old Bioware crew. I confess to reading one of his novels and is was complete, incoherent, let-me-be-clever fanfic shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
As a sci-fi nut I love the universe and visuals. The gameplay has always been flawed or even bad IMO, but I'd play a 5th one anyway for the other aspects. If I can get through Andromeda for the setting and such, I can get through damn near anything.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I don't doubt there will be another Mass Effect unless the next Dragon Age tanks hard. But the real question is, why would you want one? Its true that we're hard up for sci-fi RPGs enough that people will give apologies for Mass Effect, I'm one of those people, but why would you want another generic MMO-inspired RPG with characters that actively repulse anyone with half a brain? Anyone who had a sense of what made Mass Effect good and anyone with the ability to design a good game have left and only disappointment awaits.

ArisatoSeldom

Novice
How about no?

But, guys, let's take it serious for a second.

Humanity died out in ME3.
In Andromeda they have got a ship with bunch of feminazi, lesbos, gays and utter retards with only ray of hope being normal cis male, who are dying right in the beginning voluntarily (I would too). This bunch will definitely extinct.

So...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't doubt there will be another Mass Effect unless the next Dragon Age tanks hard. But the real question is, why would you want one? Its true that we're hard up for sci-fi RPGs enough that people will give apologies for Mass Effect, I'm one of those people, but why would you want another generic MMO-inspired RPG with characters that actively repulse anyone with half a brain? Anyone who had a sense of what made Mass Effect good and anyone with the ability to design a good game have left and only disappointment awaits.

The offline MMO design is bullshit, yes, but the strengths of the series were always story, visuals and atmosphere. If a hypothetical ME5 could deliver on those aspects, I'd play it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Humanity died out in ME3.
Any new entries in the Mass Effect series would be a reboot, not a continuation.

If I were in charge of making a new Mass Effect, I'd split the timeline at the end of ME1 when you go through the conduit to get back to the Citadel. I'm sure there's a lot more interesting things that could be done(e.g., making reapers win the official timeline and set a new series tens of thousands of years later,) but let's face it: people want to play as Shepard again.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom