Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

jackofshadows

Magister
CC53107D6B77B58E69F344726CB4546DE44A603B

I wonder how many other postapoc settings include things like this (memorial says "Nuclear Warfare"). I mean, it's literally a waste of resources. Although the world of ATOM feels more like post-post-apoc.
446B800CCBC990314B6057041E8B5A776D5A1A23

With this accuracy I think I'm... a chosen one:philosoraptor:
0ECF562E36318A3F98F4E5601015C2EDB4D0FA22

Thugs have intellegent hobby in TG.
9B04E9EAB0ADE2CC1D2B73E43B421AD987415345

The result of 1.75 UI scale. Fucking cross-platform approach... I loved 1.75 scale in the base game, inventory and dialogues were bigger but not too much while here inventory size isn't even depended on scale option, just the font. Maybe it'll change though, the game is still in EA after all.
90EF8E0EE0F53737F65D93F759049CAB237FA070

Looks terribly familiar.
4E097B7183A6DDBACF573E62CC0268770ABD2E4F

Description says "it remotely resemble a skull indeed" (the rock called "skull rock" or something). But it literally looks like a skull -_- A minor gripe but still.

Last edited:

A horse of course

I've been too busy with n*r*i* stuff to do any retro reviews over the past few months, but I've been playing a lot of Attila so I thought I'd dump my screens, plus the mods in case anyone was interested. I was playing at a whole bunch of different settings, from everything except models/textures on lowest, to everything on max, to a few 4k screens.

Vanilla:

DhBCSlv.jpg
bp3bsIX.jpg
rfyasrD.jpg
QHQrUAX.jpg
r0Ztb30.jpg
jxvLBqO.jpg
pTi3Rvh.jpg
ZOM1DkQ.jpg
RGYzAUm.jpg
IHDjrNU.jpg
y4bee9d.jpg
gPp9tHI.jpg
WHg650X.jpg
djE1kbZ.jpg
IWJuxeQ.jpg
4mAVx0F.jpg
xe8o7Io.jpg
UZZ91iG.jpg
POar3hD.jpg
H5FaVEP.jpg
4if46kT.jpg
51SEtf0.jpg
7GYca49.jpg
BvDVt9i.jpg
J0CKTIy.jpg
ekGs154.jpg
qgmAqBH.jpg
RbYCBMa.jpg
opJWh5H.jpg
o2qGW2j.jpg
LTDFZtH.jpg
M5kTia9.jpg
VaRqJdd.jpg
g3v1u6t.jpg
oRzBV7a.jpg

TDE3zrU.jpg
FhNciJH.jpg
iTFLWB9.jpg
qf4DzQ5.jpg
iyVKDm8.jpg
oJ2kybV.jpg

Age of Justinian AD527

Intended as a port of the Last Roman DLC to the full vanilla map, the mod has unfortunately been downgraded due to the author having problems with the DLC units not working properly. Sadly, that means most of the units and tech trees are basically the same as vanilla. I played an Ostrogoth campaign, which has some unique mechanics like being able to recruit WRE units from Roman buildings, but these were too effective as a steady anvil and more cost-effective than their Germanic counterparts of the same tier, so you're really just playing as Romans with barbarian family members. The balance of power in this campaign makes it good for players who want to start as ERE without being on the defensive from turn 1, or players who want to face a more challenging Roman foe, but everything else felt too similar to vanilla.

Mq9ZPAA.jpg
5FALoVg.jpg
yi2OxLM.jpg
DyO6ktP.jpg
3earDZK.jpg
hkWv9nH.jpg
BNMKB3W.jpg
ftqAR78.jpg
tiFIM1K.jpg
oNSXCdW.jpg

Age of Justinian 555AD

Set in the twilight of Justinian I's reign, the mod hews a little too closely towards the vanilla WRE experience in that the Roman factions start in too weak a position and with too many inherent debuffs that don't really fit the era (why does Roman Britain have a -10 public order from immigration?). I played a Sassanid campaign with the intent of going head-to-head witn Constantinople, but the historical Roman characters were dead within 5 turns and by the time I killed the Gokturks, the eastern empire was already 90% rebels. Still, admirable attention to detail (mixed with fantastical nonsense like Artorius) plus great custom models & textures.

4bWmZqR.jpg

rnBe0h1.jpg
rAv9vvD.jpg
9M0JCxF.jpg
aHHLLLk.jpg
5jAKdkn.jpg
ogfqR2D.jpg
seQUcsf.jpg
qxphmie.jpg
7jGATj1.jpg
BJiNrPt.jpg
rm6oy96.jpg
FgfGy68.jpg
71JDEJz.jpg
IfD2j4y.jpg
ZTBsEcI.jpg
C6kDjHc.jpg
4JqKumt.jpg
q9VvtUS.jpg
lwfehxw.jpg
djgCGkj.jpg
Xepo29a.jpg
zSYOYCf.jpg
xYPwLis.jpg
pP0aUzF.jpg
DuahmmF.jpg
mmtG0ru.jpg
8p2VJ19.jpg
37TpVh4.jpg

642 Dark Ages: Rise or Fall of Islam

Set in a bafflingly overlooked period, Dark Ages has a lot of great custom art and a solid campaign setup. From the opening turn, the Dark Age kingdoms are pretty hostile to Rome but too busy fighting each other to turn their attention to Italy, whilst Rome and the Sassanids are in a precarious position as they try to hold off the Islamic invasion. This means plenty of challenges and opportunities on all corners of the map, and the established powers can remain a threat for a long time - without snowballing into an unstoppable force within 20 turns. The English translation is a bit awkward and the author is a huge queen who threatened to remove the mod if he didn't get enough reddit points, but it's a pretty good campaign.

K30k95Q.jpg
AkVHu7P.jpg
bsVauFd.jpg
aHBriCa.jpg
lFqdWQL.jpg
uVH2PLA.jpg
AmNMNBt.jpg
mr3dwMx.jpg
LWl1Ac1.jpg
h0ibeqM.jpg
2MYOcHq.jpg
jTtZVVD.jpg
soHpGA6.jpg
8RrMmAt.jpg
zcceDNI.jpg
7R9Bl3D.jpg
Cfy2wwE.jpg
yYn6SfP.jpg
Wg68s74.jpg
7p9MLQ6.jpg
XSlLKX6.jpg
26HeFbc.jpg
YcdEvj4.jpg
j9nfrad.jpg
seb00hT.jpg
VNMqKLB.jpg
wLJ3Agf.jpg
mRSgdcW.jpg
APO6Qgg.jpg
cyFSVzi.jpg
MsaH33C.jpg
arQ5pZQ.jpg
PZi7bOa.jpg
VrlOEYy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If you liked Terminator: Future Shock and Skynet from Bethesda, you will really like it. A semi-open levels with main and optional missions help you level up through the whole story. My advise is not to take the quick learner skill, because you will upgrade everything before ending credits. There is more than enough enemies, that you will never need everything to survive. I liked the beginning, where small arms like pistols and shotguns won't hurt terminators (the latter ones just stun them). Later on we can finally start using energy weapons, and just like in Fallout they make the game much easier and awesome. You can also upgrade them through the chips found from destroyed foes, and make them even more satisfying to use. Even on the highest difficulty there is a lot of resources, that we can use to craft ammo and items like medkits or grenades. The devs put also a minor choices and consequences for some of the characters that we meet at the beginning. The most important is the atmosphere of the game, which is set during the Future War for longer than 5 minutes like in the movies.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
DFA41C7F7598471BDF0BBF22E89A7C76A63393B8

ace + halo universe ARMA 3 mods = this

fucking master chief trying to revive this poor asshole. imagine master chief trying to revive a grunt for interrogation purposes, but he fails because he doesn't know their anatomy

A horse of course

but I've been playing a lot of Attila so I thought I'd dump my screens

Speaking of Attila, I had this lying around for the longest time.

View attachment 14654

Attila has a semi-functional regent mechanic through which certain characters can stand-in as faction leaders due to the current leader being underage. This is very easy to break with mods and tends to result in infant or female characters appearing as governers in the capital (sadly their battle map versions just use generic bodyguard models, so no comedy baby warriors).

One of the few things Rome 2 (since the last DLC) has over Attila is that female characters have more relevance - they can become faction leaders and get married to the leader of another faction. I would've loved to see both female leaders and a regent/regentcy council mechanic properly implemented in Attila, but sadly CA decided to dump Attila's corpse in a ditch and shit out Thrones of Britannia instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom