Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time vaporware remake from Ubisoft

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It looks like a...

Puny
remake of a great game.

What a...

Mumbairrassing effort

:yeah:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Wow
They've actually left a graphical glitch in trailer at the 0:50s mark:

1599824367555.png

Also that face :lol:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not usually a fan of these types of games but I did like this one. Remake looks budget as fuck, and too Pixar. Not a fan.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If the gameplay is the same and the mechanics are not altered I don't care how it looks. The faces are a bit cringe but meh.

Ash

Arcane
more like Prince of Prosper

:prosper:

If the gameplay is the same and the mechanics are not altered I don't care how it looks. The faces are a bit cringe but meh.

Note what looks like trademark awesome button Ubisoft Assassin's Creed Multi-instakill teleports in the trailer.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The important thing to remember is that using the multi-instakill teleport uses up all your sand and IIRC can only be activated if you're at full sand. This isn't an awesome button.

Guvide

Educated
Yeah, you had to hold on to that move for the toughest battles.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The important thing to remember is that using the multi-instakill teleport uses up all your sand and IIRC can only be activated if you're at full sand. This isn't an awesome button.
It's more of an "oh god please let this combat encounter end sooner" button. But yeah, it can't be used all the time, and even when you use it the awesomeness only lasts like one third of an encounter.

Iirc though, it doesn't consume your sand (the thing that gives you rewinds), it just consumes your 'power tanks' which is what lets you use the freeze-stab.

And not use it before a hard platforming section where you need the sand
There's almost always a 'sand cloud' that restores all your sand/power tanks after combat encounters though.

Naraya

Arcane
I was sent to Pune by my employer in 2016. Absolutely delicious food. Why don't they stick to making it instead of doing... this?

Ash

Arcane
I can't understand the point of remaking Prince of Persia nowadays. It's appeal in the day was purely it's gfx and animations. Plot, gameplay, etc was nothing to tell home about.

Since everyone spammed buttons on you but never made a counter-claim, I'll do so: Sand of Time had decent gameplay. Overall the game was like a 7.5/10. Combat was bland boring dragging it down a point or half, but the platforming and puzzle elements (and level design) were fucking solid and made the game. It's a shame the game went on to become assassins creed which in addition to shit combat had shit everything else too, no redeeming qualities at all.

if PoP's appeal was purely graphics and animation, then that's a shit game that never should have existed at all.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Edgy is better than gay cartoony shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom